Are we a sleeping giant?

Sleeping giant, no way we are not nearly good enough on the O line. i also feel we lack the caliber of players to be considered a giant. We are an average team in a weak league right now. If we could eliminate errors we would be a good team in a weak league. Take an honest look at our personel, can you name anyone who you would say is a lock for the NFL?

Bell, Enunwa, Evans, AA, Rex, ......

Nah, they'd be scary as hell if they could put it together through 4 quarters. I just don't see it happening this season, though. But as long as they're winning, I don't care much right now.

That's how I feel. I'll just hope that somehow, finally, they really will figure it out during this off season.

Like its been said, if we put together 4 quarters of football without the mental mistakes, penalties, etc. we can compete with almost anyone in the country. We have the talent and we're close, we're just not quite there yet. Too inconsistent, but I can't wait to see what happens to the other team when we put together a complete game!

Sleeping giant, no way we are not nearly good enough on the O line. i also feel we lack the caliber of players to be considered a giant. We are an average team in a weak league right now. If we could eliminate errors we would be a good team in a weak league. Take an honest look at our personel, can you name anyone who you would say is a lock for the NFL?

Bell, Enunwa, Evans, AA, Rex, ......

Those guys are all good players but hardly NFL "locks" be honest with yourself and look around the country, there are plenty of guys as good or better. Don't get me wrong Burkhead is a warrior but an NFL longshot at best. Burkhead is rated at 155 on the NFL draft list, Stafford at 185 then Maher at 244 hardly locks.

So hence, some of you agree, we are a sleeping giant. The issues are mental. Not physical. Essentially, we do NOT have the drastic talent deficiency that even myself thought we had against Ohio St.

Talent wise, according to the stars, and some statistical categories we are on par with most. We are simply also at the bottom in penalties and TO's per game. Last week saw a stat that showed the current undefeated teams were also the top in TO margin. 3 of the 5 IIRC were also towards the bottom in penalties. TO's matter, penalties not so much. Approx 46% of the points we have given up this year came from our fumbles. This doesn't count the points off INT's. We kill ourselves. If we could get out of our own way, we have a chance to be really good.

As much as I bag the staff, the fumbles are on the guys. I have no idea why we appear to be a fundamentally challenged team year in and year out. On that I would have to say coaching issues ie practice, lack of attention to detail

So hence, some of you agree, we are a sleeping giant. The issues are mental. Not physical. Essentially, we do NOT have the drastic talent deficiency that even myself thought we had against Ohio St.

We have a drastic talent deficiency on the offensive and defensive lines and thats where big games are won. I love the fact that we can put up loads of yards against a stout defense, but the oline consistently misses assignments, is horrible in pass coverage, and is just as dismal against runs up the gut. Tmart, Abdullah, and the receiving corps are constantly bailing the line out of said mistakes. I'm willing to give Kaz a chance to coach up the up and comers on the defensive front, but Cotton just isn't getting the job done for me. It would be nice to see this offense operate with a manageable coach, and talent.

Talent wise, according to the stars, and some statistical categories we are on par with most. We are simply also at the bottom in penalties and TO's per game. Last week saw a stat that showed the current undefeated teams were also the top in TO margin. 3 of the 5 IIRC were also towards the bottom in penalties. TO's matter, penalties not so much. Approx 46% of the points we have given up this year came from our fumbles. This doesn't count the points off INT's. We kill ourselves. If we could get out of our own way, we have a chance to be really good.

As much as I bag the staff, the fumbles are on the guys. I have no idea why we appear to be a fundamentally challenged team year in and year out. On that I would have to say coaching issues ie practice, lack of attention to detail

Isn't part of being a talented football player not turning the ball over, and yes many turnovers are mental lapses but that speaks to the talent of the player and we are not as physically talented on either line to be considered a sleeping giant. We all wonder what we will be like if we ever put it all together, well that perfect game would be an anomally for us since the only thing we are really consistent at is being inconsistent.

Kansas St is a fine example. If we play a 60 minute clean game, we beat KState, on their best night, by 3 if not 5 scores. Watching them right now for the first time this season in detail. Dont see nothing extraordinary, except theyre playing somebody again that does not believe in defense.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

• Fire 1