Magic number?

So how many games do we need to win out of the next 3 to get into the CCG? Obviously I hope we win all 3 and think we have a great chance with two of them being at home. Just trying to figure out the logistics of the rest of the season. 2 out of the next 3 should do it right? I'm thinking if we lost to PSU for some reason that wouldn't be as big of a deal as if we lost to Minnesota or Iowa since they are in our division right? I hope we don't have to worry about it, but you never know. We beat PSU and I think we'll have no problems against Minnesota and Iowa.

I think we have some room for error with Michigan still having to play Ohio St with a possible qb controversey (yes, I think Robinson may be done, IF they know what's good for Michigan). I really think Ohio St. gonna use that game to set a tone for the entire offseason perception wise by trying to lay a sever whoopin on Michigan. With that said, we still need to win out. I would prefer not to be sitting on pins and needles watching that game wondering. Be nice to take matters into our own hands.

2 wins as minimum. 3 if we can help it.

I think we have some room for error with Michigan still having to play Ohio St with a possible qb controversey (yes, I think Robinson may be done, IF they know what's good for Michigan). I really think Ohio St. gonna use that game to set a tone for the entire offseason perception wise by trying to lay a sever whoopin on Michigan. With that said, we still need to win out. I would prefer not to be sitting on pins and needles watching that game wondering. Be nice to take matters into our own hands.

2 wins as minimum. 3 if we can help it.

Michigan HAS to win out though right?

We need to win as many games as Michigan wins. The official magic number for us winning games is 3. Usually when you talk about magic numbers though you're talking about a combination of Husker wins and other teams losses. The problem is, that there are other teams besides Michigan involved. I think my math below is correct for total number of husker wins/other teams losses needed to put us in the CCG.

Michigan magic number 3

Northwestern magic number 2

Iowa magic number 1 or 2 depending on our performance against them.

The other teams are out of the picture.

:yeah

"Magic Number" (our wins plus opponent's losses) is three. As we hold the tie-breakers against Michigan and Northwestern and can get it on Iowa, we're in good shape.

3 Wins and we're in.

2 wins and a Michigan Loss (they have Ohio St. left) and we're in.

Worse than that and Huskerboard will spontaneously combust.

So how many games do we need to win out of the next 3 to get into the CCG? Obviously I hope we win all 3 and think we have a great chance with two of them being at home. Just trying to figure out the logistics of the rest of the season. 2 out of the next 3 should do it right? I'm thinking if we lost to PSU for some reason that wouldn't be as big of a deal as if we lost to Minnesota or Iowa since they are in our division right? I hope we don't have to worry about it, but you never know. We beat PSU and I think we'll have no problems against Minnesota and Iowa.

Let's just say 5 !! Win out and we can talk about the CCG and the Rose Bowls victories. GBR!

You really can't have one magic number at this point. It's 3 for Michigan, but that doesn't hold for other teams. Say Michigan loses out and so do we, we would have satisfied the "magic number" but probably still wouldn't make the CCG since NW would probably sneak in there.

If we lose one of our remaining games, Michigan will need to lose again, or else we won't get in.

Let's just take care of business and win out. We've got the next two games at home against a quality Penn State team, and an improving Minnesota team. Then we go to IMO the easiest remaining game on the road against Iowa who we had better pulverize. Let's get it done!

The magic number is five counting the championship game and the Rose Bowl. Too many times have I seen us in a great place to win a conference championship and play in a BCS only for us to f#*k up.

Get it done this year boys!!!!!!!!!! The magic number is 5 and no less. 12 win season would shut a lot of Bo doubters up.

• Fire 1

Penn State is a pivatol game. I think that if we beat them and then have MN and IA, we could end up 9-2. The one dark cloud is Wisc. waiting for the conference championship game. I hate replays. Okla years ago in the Orange Bowl (Tha Orange Bowl Committee screwed us any time they could) and Wash. 2 years ago.

T_O_B

G>B>R

The magic number is five counting the championship game and the Rose Bowl. Too many times have I seen us in a great place to win a conference championship and play in a BCS only for us to f#*k up.

Get it done this year boys!!!!!!!!!! The magic number is 5 and no less. 12 win season would shut a lot of Bo doubters up.

Yes................yes it would! 12-2 has a nice ring to it.............. :)