Sean Callahan - Kansas City makes a bid for 2013 Nebraska @ Southern Miss

knapplc

i would love this and I think it would be great for a few reasons

1. It would be practically a home game for the huskers

2. Its closer drive for alot of husker fans (including me, its an hour and a half from my house to arrowhead)

3. I dont think it would be that big of a deal in the recruiting game because it will be an early season game against a team we should roll. plus the recruits that do come to this game will see an NFL stadium that will be litteraly 95% full of husker fans

4. and most importantly i cant afford to go to new orleans!

3. I dont think it would be that big of a deal in the recruiting game because it will be an early season game against a team we should roll. plus the recruits that do come to this game will see an NFL stadium that will be litteraly 95% full of husker fans

It's a big deal if we're trying to get recruits out of the heart of SEC country.

And I'd much prefer New Orleans to KC; the later has been played out time and again by Nebraska. The former...not so much, and there's much more to see and do in NO than there is in KC.

It's a big deal if we're trying to get recruits out of the heart of SEC country.

And I'd much prefer New Orleans to KC; the later has been played out time and again by Nebraska. The former...not so much, and there's much more to see and do in NO than there is in KC.

I understand what your saying but how many big name recruits are going to come see a game vs southern miss?

I understand what your saying but how many big name recruits are going to come see a game vs southern miss?

plenty. i live 30 minutes from the stadium in KC. if i'm going to drive over there for a husker game, i can just as easily drive up the road for one in lincoln. NO was going to be a 2nd bowl game for the players and fans.

at this point....why doesn't nebraska make a bid for the game and have an 8th home game? if it's all about money, then surely we could make a buck or two having it in lincoln and outbid KC. They can only fit 75k in there, we would have 90k+, and tickets would be pricier at NU than they will be at the chiefs.

If their AD cares at all about how their program is viewed they will reject this. It would be so embarrassing for them to sell out their home game and move it 750 miles north to a random city that doesn't mesh with their culture at all.

Kind of makes me thing of the legendary story, supposedly of a conversation between Churchill and Lady Astor, though I attempted to and couldn't find verification on that, that goes like this:

Churchill: Would you sleep with me for 50,000 pounds?

Lady Astor: Of course!

Churchill: How about ten pounds?

Lady Astor: What kind of lady do you think I am?

Churchill: We've already established that, now we're just haggling over price.

If they're already willing to give up their natural home field advantage, why not take the best $$ you can get for it at this point?

And regarding trying to get it in Lincoln, my guess would be that either it would end up costing a boatload (a lot more than what we've had to pay to other teams) or they simply wouldn't agree to give us another home date.

Will be interesting to see how it all works out. My wife and I would probably consider the trip to KC, but NOLA wouldn't fit in the budget.

plenty. i live 30 minutes from the stadium in KC. if i'm going to drive over there for a husker game, i can just as easily drive up the road for one in lincoln. NO was going to be a 2nd bowl game for the players and fans.

Plus, this would be a good way for the Athletic Department to throw our more Southern fans a bone, too.