2012 Election Night Containment Thread

Fischer handily gonna win the Senate seat. But oh noes, she's going to steal our land!

can you clarify this for me?

There have been political ads going across Nebraska that Deb Fischer (who won Senate tonight in Nebraska) sued an old couple for their land or something of this nature

Looking at the exit poll demographics, I don't see how Republicans can ever win the Presidency in their current configuration...everything besides the older, white male voter is going in the wrong direction.

I agree wholeheartedly. Save for Deb and Ted, the Tea Baggers cost the GOP a lot more than they brought to it.

The moderates need to take the reigns of the GOP to help bridge the gap to minorities, women, and gays, or it will go the way of the Whig or Tory parties...and this means more social and Federal programming, and much less Bible thumping and religious zealotry.

Frankly, Jon Huntsman would have been a great moderate to run up there...

Looking at the exit poll demographics, I don't see how Republicans can ever win the Presidency in their current configuration...everything besides the older, white male voter is going in the wrong direction.

I agree wholeheartedly. Save for Deb and Ted, the Tea Baggers cost the GOP a lot more than they brought to it.

The moderates need to take the reigns of the GOP to help bridge the gap to minorities, women, and gays, or it will go the way of the Whig or Tory parties...and this means more social and Federal programming, and much less Bible thumping and religious zealotry.

That pretty much summons it up for me as well. I used to be very right wing until I actually started watching c span and noticed Reps were voting against my interests for the sake of corporate profit. Things like companies not having to put labels on produce if it has been genetically altered etc..

If they have any wisdom or common sense left they need to do a major U turn. Their main platform cant be 1950's like fear of God, Gays and how millions of our guns will be taken away. It's all just empty Bullcrap slogans for the simple minded. Honestly I still consider Dems Pus%&s for many reasons, but Reps have become an outdated caricature of themselves.

It's interesting to factor in the primary process in all this too. The 2008 Democratic primary produced a battle tested candidate and a well oiled campaign machine that rolled on to a landslide victory. The 2008 Republican primary produced the best of who was left, and in 2012 it was essentially bought by a guy who was haplessly contorting his positions right up until today. It's scary to think what Republican primary voters will demand next time around.

If anyone wants to see an e-zoo for total retardation, feel free to check out my Facebook:

http://www.facebook...._t=feed_comment

Is there such thing as facebook trolling? If so nice work!

If anyone wants to see an e-zoo for total retardation, feel free to check out my Facebook:

http://www.facebook...._t=feed_comment

Oh god!!!! Religious politarding!!! It BURNNSSSSSSSSS...... make it stop....

I really hope you guys don't' consider me in the same light as these folks :( It's beyond frustrating seeing the way so many of my Christian brothers and sisters behave and their close-mindedness towards anything and everything.