Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

If Bo smacked a kid I have a feeling that 75% of this board would support it.

I bet you're wrong.

But I bet that 75% of this board knows that Bo doesn't constantly put his team down. Bo believes it's ok to raise your voice, but you should always be coaching letting them know what they did wrong and how to fix it. He isn't just yelling to be a prick or pick on guys, there's always a reason.

This is where our opinions differ.

And that's where you demonstrate that you have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

You're right. Bo is absolutely perfect in every way and I was wrong for questioning the way he criticizes his players. My apologies.

Straw_Man.jpg

• Fire 1

Stafford doesn't seem too worried about it:

Daimion Stafford didn’t need two days to move on from a fiery sideline exchange with Bo Pelini on Saturday.

He only needed about two seconds.

The Nebraska senior safety was well aware the video clip of his heated discussion with his head coach had been replayed more than a few times on ESPN.

But the cameras, he said, did not capture the full story.

“Right after, me and Bo were talking calm, but they just played that piece where we were kind of barking,” Stafford said.

People making something out of nothing, he thinks.

“Me and Bo, we know what's going on, we know we're good,” Stafford said. “That's all that really matters.”

LINK

I thought you were correcting others' spelling of Perlman. It's Perlman, not Pearlman, BTW.

Oh cripes. I thought you were gettin on me about being upset at Perlman-which I'm not-becuause in the past I've been obvious in my discontent with him, and I know youre good at rememering things like that. It is not the case this time

I started, and then got disturbed, but for some reason posted the little bit I started instead of closing the window. Never even thought of as a spelling thing. I'm cross-eyed now.

“Right after, me and Bo were talking calm, but they just played that piece where we were kind of barking,” Stafford said.

I said this on the second page.

ESPN likes to sensationalize anything they can including mid game interactions. Watching this video clip is like all those Martinez throwing pictures people where over analyzing the past 2 years, there's no real proof of anything because not one of us was there.

ESPN likes to sensationalize anything they can including mid game interactions. Watching this video clip is like all those Martinez throwing pictures people where over analyzing the past 2 years, there's no real proof of anything because not one of us was there.

Ah yes. The Martinez footwork criticism of 2011. Perfect example. Matt Millen of ABC in the Ohio St game. Martinez throws an incomplete pass. Millen points out how bad his footwork is in replay. Couple plays later, Martinez completes a pass. Millen tries to point out how his feet were so much better, but if you watch both plays, his feet are exactly the same. Epic hilarity.

I think Knapp has an EXCELLENT point here about Eric Olson. Look at Olson's article and then look at Shatel's column both talking about the SAME conversation (Shatel notes that he and Olson were the two that were with Bo right outside the elevator after the press conference), and look at the tenor/tone of both articles. Shatel's was a LOT more matter of fact, reporting what Bo and the players said about it, whereas Olson's came across a LOT more as critical, almost hyper-critical, of the incident. Two gentlemen, hearing the same comments from Bo, and writing two articles that give such a vastly different tone/tenor/take on the situation. Yeah, this thing got blown WAY out of proportion. Glad Harvey had Bo's back on this, and if Olson had been able to get to TO, I'm sure TO would have had his back as well. Getting a tad bit ridiculous in how minute the microscope is going regarding these situations.

Heads up - ESPN's College Football Live is covering this issue today. The show is on ESPNU today since there's bball on ESPN. It hasn't aired yet, they just teased the subject at the start of the show.

Prediction: bullsh#t overreaction

Edit to update: It wasn't too bad. At commercial breaks, the host kept teasing this segment by asking "has Pelini lost his team" and saying stuff like "we've seen Pelini blow up before." Matt Millen was the analyst, and he was rightly dismissive of the seriousness of the situation. He was a little critical of Stafford for not respecting the authority of the coach, though, saying that it's something that will need to be addressed between Pelini & Stafford behind closed doors. That's not surprising from an old school guy.

Ah yes. The Martinez footwork criticism of 2011. Perfect example. Matt Millen of ABC in the Ohio St game. Martinez throws an incomplete pass. Millen points out how bad his footwork is in replay. Couple plays later, Martinez completes a pass. Millen tries to point out how his feet were so much better, but if you watch both plays, his feet are exactly the same. Epic hilarity.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Stafford doesn't seem too worried about it:

Daimion Stafford didn’t need two days to move on from a fiery sideline exchange with Bo Pelini on Saturday.

He only needed about two seconds.

The Nebraska senior safety was well aware the video clip of his heated discussion with his head coach had been replayed more than a few times on ESPN.

People making something out of nothing, he thinks.

“Me and Bo, we know what's going on, we know we're good,” Stafford said. “That's all that really matters.”

LINK

Stafford wasn't the only one that was pissed at time, Fisher was going nuts on the sideline too but they had a good reason. Bo who calls the defenses through JP, (same as when Carl was here) didn't get the play called in time because he was busy chewing Mitchels but between plays. So if you read Stafford's lips, he's saying that it's your Fing fault and he's right. That is why you won't see anything come of it and why they were fine later on. Who wouldn't be pissed on that defense in that situation? Players/coaches get emotional, not a big deal IMO.

Heads up - ESPN's College Football Live is covering this issue today. The show is on ESPNU today since there's bball on ESPN. It hasn't aired yet, they just teased the subject at the start of the show.

Prediction: bullsh#t overreaction

Edit to update: It wasn't too bad. At commercial breaks, the host kept teasing this segment by asking "has Pelini lost his team" and saying stuff like "we've seen Pelini blow up before." Matt Millen was the analyst, and he was rightly dismissive of the seriousness of the situation. He was a little critical of Stafford for not respecting the authority of the coach, though, saying that it's something that will need to be addressed between Pelini & Stafford behind closed doors. That's not surprising from an old school guy.

The worst was the tease that............"Bo may be needing some counseling" (paraphrasing). What a cheap lead-in for a non-story that ended up being mostly Millen telling his Joe-Pa story.

:espnsucks:

This article by deadspin is exactly why I only watch espn for games and never for their programming. There is a reason many of their best people leave for other networks, because espn is at best sensationalism fabricating stories for viewership. please read.

http://deadspin.com/5929361/how-espn-ditched-journalism-and-followed-skip-bayless-to-the-bottom-a-tim-tebow-story

• Fire 1