Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

The worst was the tease that............"Bo may be needing some counseling" (paraphrasing). What a cheap lead-in for a non-story that ended up being mostly Millen telling his Joe-Pa story.

:espnsucks:

Yeah, the opening teaser that you're describing was by far the most egregious, and each time they teased the upcoming segments the host (forget his name) kept building the "Big Trouble at Nebraska?" theme they were going for. I fully understand why they do it (and they're good at their jobs), but anyone that just saw the teases and didn't stick around to see the segment is left thinking "hey, wtf is going on at Nebraska?" rather than the anticlimactic truth of "nope, there's nothing to this story guys."

This article by deadspin is exactly why I only watch espn for games and never for their programming. There is a reason many of their best people leave for other networks, because espn is at best sensationalism fabricating stories for viewership. please read.

http://deadspin.com/...tim-tebow-story

Good link.........Thanks

(interesting that Gottlieb is prominently featured since he was the one with the temerity to label Cookie Miller.......all 130lbs of him....a punk) Especially from a point guard who couldn't throw it in the ocean from 5 feet....

ESPN stopped reporting sports a long time ago. They all know everything after viewing a 5 second clip. Remember, this is from a network that thinks the Home Run Derby at the all star game is watchable?????

i have been a harsh critic of espn and have said some outrageous things. i have said that because of btn and all of the other specialized networks, espn will be left in the dust. i was wrong because as long as espn programs prime time and premier games, they will have the revenue to show whatever cheap crap they want during the week.

ESPN stopped reporting sports a long time ago. They all know everything after viewing a 5 second clip. Remember, this is from a network that thinks the Home Run Derby at the all star game is watchable?????

i have been a harsh critic of espn and have said some outrageous things. i have said that because of btn and all of the other specialized networks, espn will be left in the dust. i was wrong because as long as espn programs prime time and premier games, they will have the revenue to show whatever cheap crap they want during the week.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

But the cameras, he said, did not capture the full story.

“Right after, me and Bo were talking calm, but they just played that piece where we were kind of barking,” Stafford said.

I said this on the second page.

ESPN likes to sensationalize anything they can including mid game interactions. Watching this video clip is like all those Martinez throwing pictures people where over analyzing the past 2 years, there's no real proof of anything because not one of us was there.

Ah yes. The Martinez footwork criticism of 2011. Perfect example. Matt Millen of ABC in the Ohio St game. Martinez throws an incomplete pass. Millen points out how bad his footwork is in replay. Couple plays later, Martinez completes a pass. Millen tries to point out how his feet were so much better, but if you watch both plays, his feet are exactly the same. Epic hilarity.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Outside of making it sound like he's slobbering all over the microphone when he's talking, Millen does not have a track record of intelligence as illustrated by his performance as GM for the Lions.

ESPN is obliged to fill airtime 24/7. Just as with Fox News and CNN, that means a lot of talking head and pundits who are expected to bring both personality and conflict.

All things considered, I'll take ESPN's journalism over Fox News and CNN. Which is pretty sad, I know.

What's even sadder is that we want them to talk about Tebow. We say we don't but we do. At least half of us want them to talk about how overrated he is. The numbers support this.

I've also noticed that when the coach on a rival team loses his sh#t, or a scandal emerges at another program, or an analyst simply reports that a heralded team isn't living up to expectation, we don't call it "sensationalism," we happily pass it along as news and cite the source for authenticity.

Yeah. I am all on board with the 'more journalism' people. But I can't say it's sinister that ESPN wants to maximize what people want to see, which is moar Tebowmania. And really, I'll read in-depth stuff about my own team, but am not too interested in the quality stuff about other teams. I will click on Tebow links though.

Hey, don't look at me like that. His situation is an interesting one to follow.

Yeah. I am all on board with the 'more journalism' people. But I can't say it's sinister that ESPN wants to maximize what people want to see, which is moar Tebowmania. And really, I'll read in-depth stuff about my own team, but am not too interested in the quality stuff about other teams. I will click on Tebow links though.

Guess what, the Jets think Tebow sucks!!! Just when you thought Tebow mania was dieing out...

https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=625

Yeah, haha, I just read that same article from two different sources, neither of which were ESPN (SI.com and Yahoo!).

Slaus has some good quotes in there. How Sanchize was by far the best they had. Although he put it like, "We have no choice." :P And then about the backups, "We have Greg, and we have an athlete."

Guess what, the Jets think Tebow sucks!!! Just when you thought Tebow mania was dieing out...

https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=625

was reading an article about that today. i actually feel bad for the guy. he's stuck in a situation where he can't do anything right. he hasn't had a chance, nor will he to proven any of these people wrong so he just has to sit there - cash his paychecks - and wait for his next chance at a team that doesn't write him off.

Tebow is not a NFL caliber QB. I said it before he went, and I still don't think he has what it takes at that level. I think he would be better in the backfield. I would be shocked if any other team picked him up to play QB. I feel bad that everyone hyped him up to be what he isn't, and now he has to listen to the backfire. Blame the media.

The bloom was already off Tim Tebow when he had a relatively mediocre senior season at Florida. The media and the NFL insiders all had him pegged as a great athlete, inspiring guy and an awkward fit in the NFL. He was a third string quarterback with a large Christian following, a low risk for the Broncos, at that point only slightly more hyped than the other Heisman-winning quarterbacks who never sniffed a legitimate NFL start. When the Broncos turned to Tebow in desperation, and he started winning a string of games that they really didn't deserve to win and suddenly you wonder if God is having a little fun with us, that's a good story. When Tim Tebow beats Ben Rothliesberger in the playoffs, there's nowhere to run.

When Denver cut him loose anyway, because John Elway just couldn't stand the thought of Tebow defining the quarterback position, that's a good story, too. When Tebow goes to the Jets, where everyone is already waiting for Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez to implode all over the nation's biggest media market, that's a pretty good story as well.

I'm not sure the Tim Tebow story is overhyped at all.

And don't feel sorry for Tim Tebow. He's been very good at using the media to his behalf and will enjoy a career beyond football.

Also, he gets to score some amazing trim.

TebowsGirl.jpg

Tebow is not a NFL caliber QB. I said it before he went, and I still don't think he has what it takes at that level. I think he would be better in the backfield. I would be shocked if any other team picked him up to play QB. I feel bad that everyone hyped him up to be what he isn't, and now he has to listen to the backfire. Blame the media.

he took a crap Denver team to the playoffs. you could say the same thing about this Husker team that people say about Tebow...they somehow have a will to win. gotta respect it at least a little.

I'd take him over Matt Cassel in about 1.3 seconds. In fact, I'd take Tebow over every QB the Chiefs have started in about the last 5 years. There's a long list of "not NFL caliber QBs" there. Essentially everything post Trent Green...and his last couple of seasons are arguable.