Bowl prediction for Nebraska

CBolin69

wow worst #1 team in the history of the BCS.

No, we'd kill every team from 2002 and 2005.

Good answer Joe, but I think Oregon and K State fans would disagree.

Just win out all three of you. Under no circumstance do I want a stinken SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC team in their. I almost puke everytime I hear that chant.

Better keep the wastepaper basket handy on January 7th. Nothing will keep the rebs out of Miami now.

According to latest projections Oregon will need a LOT of help to get back in the NCG. It's virtually impossible for them to get back in. Especially since they might not even play in there CCG.

Top 5 will be.... ND, Bama, Georgia, Florida, Kansas State. According to Brad Edwards, he knows his stuff.

You're all a bunch of woosies. ;)

If we what to be the best, we got to beat the best. Let's just take care of business the next two games and I don't care who we play ...... Or where !

We need to line up and get back to smash mouth football, and be the feared .... Not the scared !!!

GBR!!!

In a thread full of everyone looking past future opponents toward games that aren't even anywhere near being decided, it's funny how many of you will bitch if this team just happens to overlook the Iowa Hawkeyes next week.

Read the very beginning of this thread, and look how much the entire scheme of college football has changed since then. Bowl season is a long time coming.

Am I the only one not that worried about Oregon? Sure, they would score 80 points on us... As Rex Burkhead rushes for 1800 yards and 12 touchdowns. Their defense is a sieve. Terrible push up front as well. Burkhead/Abdullah would score as much as they want. I have more faith in Bo scheming against Chip then Alliotti scheming against Beck. They don't have the horses on D to run with us, if we play in the secondary like we have been recently, we can win.

I've said this before...............their defense isn't that good, but the problem we run into is their offense can score on a 90 yard drive in less than a minute. Our offense could hang with their offense, that's not the problem. We are TERRIBLE against the run and that's something they are very good at, most of the time. Very mobile QB with a arm........................means lots of drinking for me during the game. Now, Stanford just showed everyone else how to stop Oregon in that game last night. Yes, we need to worry about Iowa first and then Wisconsin, but it's okay to talk a little about what might happen.

We've got to secure a championship slot first. Then, we must win that championship game against Wisconsin. I'll worry about our bowl game opponent when that time comes. First, we must pound the Hawkeyes in Iowa City!

Agree. I am worried about Wiscy. Their line has got it going and they played good D against OSU. Looks like they figured some things out.

We've got to secure a championship slot first. Then, we must win that championship game against Wisconsin. I'll worry about our bowl game opponent when that time comes. First, we must pound the Hawkeyes in Iowa City!

Agree. I am worried about Wiscy. Their line has got it going and they played good D against OSU. Looks like they figured some things out.

I agree, I just hope that our guys aren't going to let them run all over us......................I really hate Beliema at this point.

Positive is that now Stanford controls their own destiny. If they win against UCLA next week, they go to the Pac 12 championship and if we win the B1G we don't have to worry about Oregon. I definitely like our chances against Stanford or UCLA over Oregon.

Still don't think there was enough evidence on the 2nd Stanford TD to overturn the decision on the field.

Really? That was a TD.

Funny situation brewing in the Pac 12 . . . next Saturday Stanford plays UCLA. UCLA clinched the Pac 12 South today, so if Stanford beats UCLA they will play them AGAIN the following Saturday for the Pac 12 title. Have two teams ever played in subsequent weeks?

This isn't quite the same but back in Big 8 days, before CCG's, Nebraska ended the season by beating Oklahoma and our very next game was Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. Of course that was 4-5 weeks later........

Funny situation brewing in the Pac 12 . . . next Saturday Stanford plays UCLA. UCLA clinched the Pac 12 South today, so if Stanford beats UCLA they will play them AGAIN the following Saturday for the Pac 12 title. Have two teams ever played in subsequent weeks?

This isn't quite the same but back in Big 8 days, before CCG's, Nebraska ended the season by beating Oklahoma and our very next game was Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. Of course that was 4-5 weeks later........

Florida and Florida St did this twice in the 90s too.

Conferences should be smarter and not schedule cross-division games in the last week to avoid rematches a week apart.