Nebraska fans: Thoughts on year 2 in the B1G

Hey guys,

Just curious what your thoughts are about the conference in general, all of the specific fan bases and campuses, all that jazz. You've had an opportunity to either host or visit most of the universities in the conference now and I'm just curious if anything has changed since year 1.

Love this board and I thank you guys for having me. It's so fun to have a great program like yourselves amongst us now and I love hearing about all the teams that I've known all my life from a different perspective.

P.S. Understand this might belong on the B1G board, hope it's not a problem!

P.P.S. I understand the season isn't finished yet, but you get the gist.

I love it. Better TV coverage, more consistent teams (no game is a gimme) and this season has been one of the most exciting years of Nebraska football that I can remember.

The coaching staff has had several changes over the past 4 years and I think with all that change, the players have adjusted very well. I think the team will be very good once they stop making changes, and everyone really learns their role in the grand scheme of things.

I also have a feeling Ohio State will be the new Texas, speaking from the view of a Nebraska Fan.

The only reasons I sometimes wish were were in the little 12 is because we would have had a more than favorable chance of running the table in the conference this year. We've done alright with murder's row this year, but with this offense we could hang with or blow out any team in the BigIIX.

But the biggest reason I love the B1G is BTN, that alone has been worth the move.

Being selfish, I liked the Big XII because of proximity. Living in Kansas/Missouri, I was much closer to most of the away games. I grew comfortable with the tailgating at in-division foes and knew more about their teams.

I'm learning to love the B1G.

I feel like we're already starting to forge some rivalries with some schools. It is a great fit re: academics and culture. Great fanbases, also.

• Fire 1

Glad to be in the Big Ten first and foremost. I feel like we're in store for many, many years of competitive football ahead.

I think we're all in agreement about how much of a luxury it is to have BTN.

I don't really miss any of the Big XII teams since we've left except for maybe Oklahoma. I'm hoping Michigan becomes our next big rivalry. It won't come close to OU, but it should still be fun to play a team with as rich a history as Michigan every year. I also have a feeling that Ohio State will take over right where Texas left off as being the bully of the conference. Not only in recruiting, but in program pull and coaching talent.

I'm so excited to see how we do against all the teams in the conference.

We split the first two games against the best of the Big Ten, although we have yet to win one away from Lincoln.

-Ohio State

-Michigan

-Wisconsin

We've also managed to drop one to Northwestern in our own backyard. Even though we lost, I wasn't at all surprised. I'm glad we have Northwestern in our division. I think it will keep us from overlooking teams. A friendly reminder if you will. Plus it isn't bad taking over their stadium every other season! ;)

I hope we never lose to Sparty or Penn State. I'm not a big fan of either program to tell you the truth and look forward to playing them every year.

All in all, I've been a huge fan of the move. I think we fit well in the conference and have already played some divisional games that I won't soon forget. Here's to the B1G and all of the teams in it!

I'll be in Iowa City for the game next Friday for my first taste of an opposing B1G atmosphere. (Hey, you gotta start small)

Go Big Red!

I prefer it to the Big XII, still miss the Big 8.

Very much this. I still miss the Big 8 days, but even the Big 8 teams weren't the same after we moved to the Big XII. There wasn't any going back after it happened, and Texas had just gained too much control for comfort. The move was right at the time and still is right. Still getting used to the schools, but in 10 years or so, it'll be old hat, and I'm sure I'll feel more comfortable with the surroundings.

I prefer it to the Big XII, still miss the Big 8.

This.

I don't think we leave if it was still the big 8 honestly.

But beings it isn't i am happy we are here in the BIG. I know we are in a first rate conference where the universities work together and treat each other as equals no matter their successes on the field.

This conference is much better than the bickering and rivalries that embittered, and ultimately destroyed the big XII.