None shall pass

The numbers in the remaining years speak for themselves. In 64 career games under Pelini, completing a pass against the Blackshirts is basically a coin flip. The Huskers’ average opponent completion percentage sits at 50.7-percent. The average pass completion percentage across college football over that same span is 59.1-percent. Remove the freakish year of the quarterback in 2008, and Nebraska’s completion percentage allowed over the past four season is 48.99-percent.

Really good article. The rest is here.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Our current defense was recruited for and trained for the Big 12.

Just watch how we do against the run and against mobile QBs in the next few seasons.

I don't think there is that big of a difference between the Big 12 and Big 10 offensively. You still see the spread offenses and you still see the downhill teams. We have done well with mobile QB's this season, with the exception of Braxton.

Hundley seemed to do ok passing the ball. He's only a freshman, so he doesn't have a lot of games under his belt. However, he's only had two games in his short career passing for more yards than he did against Nebraska. Part of our passing defense stats this year might be because we've only played one team with a passing offense in the top 30 which coincidentally was UCLA coming in at 29th per Rivals. It might suggest that the Big 10 isn't a strong passing conference especially when you look at how Big 10 teams are ranked per rivals in pass defense. There are six Big 10 teams in the top 30 for pass defense (Michigan #1, NE #3, Minnesota #8, Michigan State #12, Indiana #29, and Illinois #30).

Our Secondary is stout. I wish we'd trust them more sometimes and sell out to stop the run.

I think we've done this recently, haven't we? Selling out to stop the run = rolling safeties up into run support. It doesn't mean turning the DL loose to rush the passer, which actually presents a lot of liability vs the run, right, because we lose contain.

But it isn't like we always sit back with a lot of deep safeties.

Our run-stopping issues I think have more to do with our quality of line play recently.

Our pass D may be stout. But for a while State Penn was feasting on underneath crossing routes. They must have completed for or five of them in the first three quarters.

The tight ends were open all over. During that week all I heard was that their tight ends were their passing game. I still don't know how they could be that open when we knew it was going to happen.

Our pass D may be stout. But for a while State Penn was feasting on underneath crossing routes. They must have completed for or five of them in the first three quarters.

The tight ends were open all over. During that week all I heard was that their tight ends were their passing game. I still don't know how they could be that open when we knew it was going to happen.

I'd attribute that to our linebackers as a whole not doing a very good job in space. I felt Corey Cooper should have played A TON more to remedy this.

I'd attribute that to our linebackers as a whole not doing a very good job in space. I felt Corey Cooper should have played A TON more to remedy this.

I think in the first half a lot of this can be attributed to late calls getting in. thus the Stafford blowup. Many of parts there were lbs tyring to relay calls to safeties while the ball was bring snapped. This happened on the first PSU third down conversion and on the TD to Jesse James.

As the part calling was shored up in the second half, TE's were not running NEARLY as free

Hundley seemed to do ok passing the ball. He's only a freshman, so he doesn't have a lot of games under his belt. However, he's only had two games in his short career passing for more yards than he did against Nebraska. Part of our passing defense stats this year might be because we've only played one team with a passing offense in the top 30 which coincidentally was UCLA coming in at 29th per Rivals. It might suggest that the Big 10 isn't a strong passing conference especially when you look at how Big 10 teams are ranked per rivals in pass defense. There are six Big 10 teams in the top 30 for pass defense (Michigan #1, NE #3, Minnesota #8, Michigan State #12, Indiana #29, and Illinois #30).

But what does it say about the other 4 yrs...We have been very consistant in stopping the pass, this year has been no different. Every team now and again will have a defensive slip up with something they are good at.

i wish we would run more shallow crosses with the likes of Kenny Bell and JT running after the catch. Run off the safeties by using your tight ends. Play action, hit one of those guys crossing and watch em go!