Which is more attractive?

craigsker

Stanford looks better on our resume but I think we have a tough time beating them.

UCLA is very beatable.

If we want to be a great team, then we should want to beat Stanford. We shouldn't want to weasel out of a tougher game. I think we can beat either team if we limit mistakes. UCLA will likely be better next year and we'll get our shot at them in Lincoln. I'd rather play Stanford.

Yeah but you have to be extremely smart to get into Stanford. With UCLA, you get the hot-but-no-so-bright girls as well as smart ones.

You might want to take a look at UCLA's freshmen entrance profile.

BTW if you dig asian girls either of the schools will score off the charts.

Stanford's resume is impressive. Although I think Oregon is the stronger team and would win 7 out of 10 against Stanford, the Trees won the one that counted. And they should have gotten another OT for a chance to beat #1 Notre Dame. And if they win the Pac-12 "championship game", they will have beaten UCLA twice.

I'd like to play Stanford for a couple reasons:

-- NU's first ever bowl game was the Rose Bowl in 1941 against Stanford. We lost 21-13. That's also the only time we've played Stanford in football.

-- It'd be our first time representing the B1G in the Tournament of Roses and our 2nd time playing Stanford, in yet another Rose Bowl game 72 years later.

This. We need redemption for that loss in '41. I haven't been able sleep since that fateful game. Seriously though, I would prefer a Stanford matchup.

Sheesh, Stanford terrifies me. They completely shut down Oregon and UCLA (you know, those guys who gut-punched us for 632 yards). Still, if you wanna be the best you've gotta beat the best, so bring 'em on.

Our defense is light and day better than they were in the second game of the season.

And I'm fairly sure UCLA wasn't really giving everything they had to win that game.

What are the odds that Jim Mora Jr tanked last night's game in order to avoid facing Oregon next week?

I'm surprised this post didn't get more comments.

What good would a 10-2 season have done UCLA if they would've had to turn around and face the Ducks next week? It seems totally plausible that he would have thrown it.

What are the odds that Jim Mora Jr tanked last night's game in order to avoid facing Oregon next week?

I'm surprised this post didn't get more comments.

What good would a 10-2 season have done UCLA if they would've had to turn around and face the Ducks next week? It seems totally plausible that he would have thrown it.

I don't think it got more comments because people don't want to believe coaches would tank a game. I'm sure Mora believes they could beat Oregon.