Embree is out as HC at Colorado

The Buffs are caught between a rock and a hard place with coaching. I've heard the athletic dept is broke and now they have to pay off this coach and make another difficult hire. Unless a deep pocketed donor is footing the bill, I'm not sure how they overcome this and get to a better place. Do they have any good recruits we could poach?

They had parts of his presser on the news here last night. Let me get this out there first thing; I hate CU football. But, I kind of liked Embree even though he was practically bawling at the presser. Reminded me of Callahan, telling everyone how he was doing the right things. And Bohn reminded me of Peterson acting like he was all that mattered. Embree does seem like a nice guy and I think he had his players backs but, damn, 3 wins last year and only 1 win this year. That is only 1 win in the Pac and trending in the wrong direction, it doesn't matter much how much he was doing right or how nice of a guy he is. I would assume some of the money in their program was calling for this move. However, they did have a clip from Alfred Williams radio show on the news and Alfred was pissed. He suggested that the AD Bohn was maybe the guy that should've been fired and that Embree should've been retained. I really don't care though, they can keep right on sucking and I won't lose a bit of sleep.

As much as I don't like Colorado, I hope they hire Mangino. Been waiting for him to get another head coaching position after the job he did at Kansas, and the number they pulled on him down there. (I don't believe for a minute that the school actually had anything to fire him for.) Ridiculous, and as much as I hated it for Turner, I'm glad they haven't had success since Mangino's been gone. Serves the AD and the boosters right. As much as it pains me to say it, I hope Mangino can get that job and do well.

yeah, Mangino was screwed over in my mind. To put it into perspective. Let's say Tim Miles wins some games this year, makes NIT next year. The NCAA the year after that. Then wins the Big10 and makes the sweet 16. Then the year after that only makes the NIT. Then has a losing record the year after that. Then a player complains that he had to run some laps, and so we fire Miles, because we all a sudden think we're entitled to better.

I have seen 2 names pop up with CU for coaching...Mark Mangino and Jeff Tedford

they seem to think that both would be a " splash " hire...

I see what you did there...

I can't believe race was pulled into this. Win 4 games in two seasons and you fired, makes perfect sense to me!

Barnett: $4 million

Hawkins: $2 million

Embree/Bieniemy $2.25

$8.25 million in buyouts over the past seven years. CU football. :facepalm:

I know at one point we were paying Boob, Ty, and Weis all at the same time. I think the first two are off the payroll finally.

True. But a few years later ND is #1 in the nation. I doubt Colorado breaks the top twenty in the next decade.