Sam MeKewon's take

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121201/HUSKERS/121209973

Run over.

Wisconsin's fist of a physical offense — prepared, diverse, focused — popped Nebraska's six-week winning bubble with the swift, blunt force of a Badger toppling an ant hill.

A five-loss team with weeks to plot and house money to burn humbled the Huskers 70-31, nabbed its third straight Rose Bowl berth and pressed the reset button on an NU season that had been defined by improbable, clutch comebacks.

Should those fond memories eventually linger, Saturday night will still live in Husker infamy.

To paraphrase Paps Wisky exploited the edge. We struggled with this all year.

Hey Paps, that is you are hired to do. Be the DC. EPIC FAIL. You realized all season we had an issue and did nothing to fix it before or during the game. Pack your bags........

Unfortunately, Pelini is doing the same thing Callahan did and keeping his friends around. I hope that it doesn't get to the point it did with Callahan, but it's looking more and more as if Bo is going to sink with the dead weight he hired.

You know what's annoying? The Badger fans talking sh#t in the comments on the article. What a bunch of arrogant pricks. Call me when you actually WIN the Rose Bowl you chumps.

yeah don't they have better things to do with their lives? I left a comment on there letting them know that the purpose of the discussion was Nebraska's problems....

You know what's annoying? The Badger fans talking sh#t in the comments on the article. What a bunch of arrogant pricks. Call me when you actually WIN the Rose Bowl you chumps.

That's because Wisconsin fans are scum.

I have to agree, for at least some Badger fans. Last night in the third quarter I got a telephone call from a Wisconsin fan---the husband of one of my wife's friends. This is a guy I barely know. He lives 1000 miles away, and I haven't talked to him in over two years. But he called me in the midst of the blowout to rub salt in the wound. What a complete and utter dickwad. Truly the worst sort of poor sport there is.

That's because Wisconsin fans are scum.

I hate Wisconsin with a passion. Much more than Iowa.

And thus a rivalry is born. But will the B1G and Delaney notice?

It seems strange to think that a team who regrouped as they did from a bad loss to tOSU would pack it in and give up on the bowl game. The team has shown a lot of heart through the season. They'll show it again in the bowl game.

The team seems to mimic its head coach.. manic.... emotional, uncontrolled... prone to high highs but then, if they fail... crashes and burns. This team is, like their head coach... immature. Some of that immaturity and boldness can, at times, yield some pretty good results (a brazen attitude sometimes yields good things... comebacks against mediocre foes as an example)... but over time, a very emotional and manic team that has esteem problems will crash often. The confidence that they can compete seems somewhat compromised... and since the coach foolishly painted the conference championship as all or nothing, he chose for the team nothing when it comes to the bowl...

That said, against this opponent, it would not matter what the Huskers bring to the game... even if they were focused (and, conceivably Bo can focus them in an "us against the world" sort of way... doubtful, but possible). Even if focused and with some modicum of confidence, the Skers' have no business being on the same field with Georgia.