If Bo goes, who do you want?

Head coaching wish list  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say offer Nick Saban $10 mill/yr. tell him he could bring NU back to prominence like he did with Bama. Get us back to prominence and he goes down as the greatest College football coach ever. Win titles where Bear and TO once did. Epic!

As much as I would love to see Saban as Nebraska's coach, I don't know how we could justify paying a coach $10 million a year.... That's ludacris.

someone's going to offer that to someone someday. Prices are going up.

I'd love to see someone offer $10mil to Saban just to make Bama pay 11.

Peterson- No way, he turned down 4 million from UCLA he's not coming to Lincoln.

Patterson- He's in a AQ confrence now, no way.

Fedora- Big ole' pipe dream there, dude will be the hottest name in coaching searches in a year or two. And should get any job he wants when the time comes.

Butch Davis- Do not want

James Franklin- Just got a fat raise from vandy, plus they are redoing their entire facilities. So he ain't leaving anytime soon.

I think Franklin would leave in an instant if the price is right.

I wouldn't rule any of those out after seeing Beilema go to Arkansas.

Peterson- No way, he turned down 4 million from UCLA he's not coming to Lincoln.

Fedora- Big ole' pipe dream there, dude will be the hottest name in coaching searches in a year or two. And should get any job he wants when the time comes.

Butch Davis- Do not want

James Franklin- Just got a fat raise from vandy, plus they are redoing their entire facilities. So he ain't leaving anytime soon.

Pretty sure Franklin is not going anywhere for a while. He is very happy at Vandy and loves what they stand for as a university.

Beilema hadn't been that happy atWisky for a while, so it is not that big of a apprise he left. Consider many feel the badgers were to be very good next year and he left. People in Wisconsin are not crying add much as you'd think either

Not the answer for the question......but I want Bo Pelini ! He would offer stability to a program and probably be able to win 9-10 games each season for the first 5 years. I think his players would love him and go to bat for him. The good thing about a getting a guy like Bo, is he is REAL.... not going to put on a fake happy face for anyone. That's who I voted for.

If Bo "has" to leave, the f&ck a new coach, we better be looking for a new AD, cause this one would have a pile of crap for a brain on how to begin a tenure at a football school.

If Bo leaves "on his own".... I would say that there would be a big, fat ZERO of a chance that any of the guys mentioned would even field a phone call from us or even a "headhunter" for that matter. Yep, let's go somewhere , where .700 winnng percentage isn't enough to get blasted daily in the media and call in shows. Sounds like a dream job, hon...let's move today !

Now, my dream coach, if by some UNFORTUNATE REASON, we had to look for one..... and who make actually make a jump, would be.......... Dabo Sweeny (sp)...clemson... may be ready to jump ship with the ACC falling apart at the seams....That guy is high energy and kind of a bit crazy

if bo leaves...wait for it wait for it....TOM OSBORNE INTERIM!!!!!

He actually was after he fired Callahan and even did some recruiting visits throughout the state.

I'm actually coming around to the Saban idea. Of course, it be our luck that we get Miami Dolphin Saban.

We have toms only recruit on our roster....never plays and is passed up by walk ons and freshman yearly

Not the answer for the question......but I want Bo Pelini ! He would offer stability to a program and probably be able to win 9-10 games each season for the first 5 years. I think his players would love him and go to bat for him. The good thing about a getting a guy like Bo, is he is REAL.... not going to put on a fake happy face for anyone. That's who I voted for.

If Bo "has" to leave, the f&ck a new coach, we better be looking for a new AD, cause this one would have a pile of crap for a brain on how to begin a tenure at a football school.

If Bo leaves "on his own".... I would say that there would be a big, fat ZERO of a chance that any of the guys mentioned would even field a phone call from us or even a "headhunter" for that matter. Yep, let's go somewhere , where .700 winnng percentage isn't enough to get blasted daily in the media and call in shows. Sounds like a dream job, hon...let's move today !

Now, my dream coach, if by some UNFORTUNATE REASON, we had to look for one..... and who make actually make a jump, would be.......... Dabo Sweeny (sp)...clemson... may be ready to jump ship with the ACC falling apart at the seams....That guy is high energy and kind of a bit crazy

I agree with everything you said, except for the Dabo Sweeny part. I thought he was going to be a special kind of head coach when he first took over, but IMO he hasn't fulfilled the hype.

He actually was after he fired Callahan and even did some recruiting visits throughout the state.

I'm actually coming around to the Saban idea. Of course, it be our luck that we get Miami Dolphin Saban.

We have toms only recruit on our roster....never plays and is passed up by walk ons and freshman yearly

You do realize that was a big "reconnect" with the state type decision right.

But more importantly Micah was healthy this year for the first time since high school. Both knees have been redone

Yes, now that I sit back and actually think about it.... I used the word "dream" and "Dabo" in the same category..... That was really kind of a dumb statement, and I haven't been drinking.

I just think that crazy sumbitch is kind of fun. It would be interesting and they seem to typically be pretty good....but, yes, I overstepped myself with the "dream coach" statement..

Now that I reflect a little more......after this season, I would really welcome a face like O'Brien from Penn State...although, I think his next stop is the NFL (again)

** but for those who didn't read my first post.....Bo is my only choice

You do realize that was a big "reconnect" with the state type decision right.

But more importantly Micah was healthy this year for the first time since high school. Both knees have been redone

I understand all of this. I also understand that it was a wasted scholarship. This is one reason we are not keeping up with the big boys. We hold on to players and let them collect dust when they aren't panning out

I understand all of this. I also understand that it was a wasted scholarship. This is one reason we are not keeping up with the big boys. We hold on to players and let them collect dust when they aren't panning out

Because that's the moral thing to do. Most of the time, the fact that these players don't pan out isn't because they don't want to. It's because they either get injured or just don't materialize for one reason or another.

Bo said this just this year around NSD. It's the coaches who are responsible for evaluating talent for their football talent. If a kid doesn't pan out, it's not his fault unless he's just along for the free ride.

Butch Davis- Do not want

Pretty sure Franklin is not going anywhere for a while. He is very happy at Vandy and loves what they stand for as a university.

Beilema hadn't been that happy atWisky for a while, so it is not that big of a apprise he left. Consider many feel the badgers were to be very good next year and he left. People in Wisconsin are not crying add much as you'd think either

Who do you suppose would come here then?