If Bo goes, who do you want?

Head coaching wish list  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chris Petersen is the top candidate. I think we could attract him with our facilities, fanbase, and resources. Monte Kiffin should definitely be contacted about a DC job to see if he would have any interest. It's all about how you sell the job.

Kiffin is old

I want someone detail oriented and coaches with attention to detail. Not a guy with a 'schematic advantage' but with a teaching and motivation advantage. Offense and defense do not need flash, they need to be technically sound. Power running game, and stop the run. It works. Always has, always will.

Peterson or Tressel- what sanctions does he bring? Maybe add another assistant like Frost to the mix...since we have become a place to cut your head coaching teeth.

To my knowledge, Tressel has to sit out the first five games at the University he joins. He can still coach practice, recruit and what not. He also can't coach the bowl game and or a CCG.

Peterson or Tressel- what sanctions does he bring? Maybe add another assistant like Frost to the mix...since we have become a place to cut your head coaching teeth.

To my knowledge, Tressel has to sit out the first five games at the University he joins. He can still coach practice, recruit and what not. He also can't coach the bowl game and or a CCG.

No, its a 'show cause' meaning a university has to petition the NCAA on why he should be allowed to coach at their school. And its a 5 year penalty, He's out another 4 years.

There were two names that I left off the list despite easily hitting the top of my wish list:

David Shaw and Jon Gruden

No way in HELL would Gruden take a job here, or at almost any college job. As for Shaw, you have to be impressed with him, but I also don't think he would think about leaving Stanford. He's got a good thing going there and does a tremendous job recruiting despite the crazy academic standards.

Chris Petersen takes the cake, but I don't under any circumstance want Bo to go.

It's one thing if recruiting is going in the tank, or if he's losing his team. Neither is true, and this team absolutely loves the guy. Don't understand how Bo could be catching so much flak. Yes, it was a bad loss; have to keep your eyes on the big picture and the direction of the program. I don't see upheaval as doing any bit of good, short term, and it's highly questionable if it will be better, long term.

I think we should hope Bo stays.

• Fire 1

There were two names that I left off the list despite easily hitting the top of my wish list:

David Shaw and Jon Gruden

No way in HELL would Gruden take a job here, or at almost any college job. As for Shaw, you have to be impressed with him, but I also don't think he would think about leaving Stanford. He's got a good thing going there and does a tremendous job recruiting despite the crazy academic standards.

I can't see Shaw willingly leave Stanford for another college job since not only is he doing a great job there, but it's also his alma mater. Understanding the academic/athletic culture @ Stanford works to his advantage.

That's a no brainer: Jim Tressel without a doubt. Providing, of course, that Nebraska successfully petitions the NCAA to allow it. His show-clause is weak, and he's an outstanding coach.

Honestly though, I don't think that Bo is going anywhere.

Chris Petersen takes the cake, but I don't under any circumstance want Bo to go.

It's one thing if recruiting is going in the tank, or if he's losing his team. Neither is true, and this team absolutely loves the guy. Don't understand how Bo could be catching so much flak. Yes, it was a bad loss; have to keep your eyes on the big picture and the direction of the program. I don't see upheaval as doing any bit of good, short term, and it's highly questionable if it will be better, long term.

I think we should hope Bo stays.

I agree with this for the most part, but getting humiliated like last night on several occasions the last couple seasons has definitely made me question how much I want Bo here. Like I've been saying, I think he has 2 more years to win a conference championship and/or a BCS game before I REALLY start wanting him gone.

If the same trends keep going on (getting blown out in primetime, losing to teams we should beat, etc.) I think it's only a matter of time anyways.