If Bo goes, who do you want?

Head coaching wish list  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Peterson- No way, he turned down 4 million from UCLA he's not coming to Lincoln.

Patterson- He's in a AQ confrence now, no way.

Fedora- Big ole' pipe dream there, dude will be the hottest name in coaching searches in a year or two. And should get any job he wants when the time comes.

Butch Davis- Do not want

James Franklin- Just got a fat raise from vandy, plus they are redoing their entire facilities. So he ain't leaving anytime soon.

I think Franklin would leave in an instant if the price is right.

I wouldn't rule any of those out after seeing Beilema go to Arkansas.

Pretty sure Franklin is not going anywhere for a while. He is very happy at Vandy and loves what they stand for as a university.

Beilema hadn't been that happy atWisky for a while, so it is not that big of a apprise he left. Consider many feel the badgers were to be very good next year and he left. People in Wisconsin are not crying add much as you'd think either

There's nobody crying here for Bielema. They can't stand the guy and want Chryst back.

I understand all of this. I also understand that it was a wasted scholarship. This is one reason we are not keeping up with the big boys. We hold on to players and let them collect dust when they aren't panning out

Because that's the moral thing to do. Most of the time, the fact that these players don't pan out isn't because they don't want to. It's because they either get injured or just don't materialize for one reason or another.

Bo said this just this year around NSD. It's the coaches who are responsible for evaluating talent for their football talent. If a kid doesn't pan out, it's not his fault unless he's just along for the free ride.

Scholarships are renewable yearly....if they don't think they can be sent packing they might just do a Todd Peat Jr

Chris Petersen is over-rated.... he hasn't the recruiting requirements that most D1 schools do and therefore he has the luxary of offering more schollies to prop 48 type young men.

The coach I feel that is always overlooked is Gary Patterson... seriously, dude game plans nearly as well as TO did. He's taken a weak TCU program that has higher recruiting restrictions the Nebraska does and made them into a very formidable foe. Put in at school like Nebraska that has all the "haves" and he will excel.

As for the question, should we be looking to replace Bo? Well... I've said it once, I'll say it again... HELL NO!

Bo's finally getting the program turned around. Depth at every position is improving.. sure our DT's looked a little weak in the CCG but crap happens. The talent is there and it's about to show itself. Bo's my guy now and will always be. :)

i've laid this out before, but if he goes, here what i want. (assuming $6,000,000 salary budget which is close to what we have now)

Joe Moglia - $750,000 per year

OC - $1 million per year

DC - $1 million per year

Recruiting/ST coordinator - $750,000 per year

That leaves an average of $415,000 per assistant (6 more). We'd have a great CEO/tactician/game manager at the helm. The best OC/DC that money could buy. The best recruiting guy that you could find. Think Tosh Lupoi or Ed Ogeron. Then the highest paid set of assistant coaches in D1. All on the same budget we currently operate at. And we break the current hierarchical mold of the prototypical college football staff - which is what Nebraska needs...we have to step outside the box if we ever want to be elite again.

i've laid this out before, but if he goes, here what i want. (assuming $6,000,000 salary budget which is close to what we have now)

Joe Moglia - $750,000 per year

OC - $1 million per year

DC - $1 million per year

Recruiting/ST coordinator - $750,000 per year

That leaves an average of $415,000 per assistant (6 more). We'd have a great CEO/tactician/game manager at the helm. The best OC/DC that money could buy. The best recruiting guy that you could find. Think Tosh Lupoi or Ed Ogeron. Then the highest paid set of assistant coaches in D1. All on the same budget we currently operate at. And we break the current hierarchical mold of the prototypical college football staff - which is what Nebraska needs...we have to step outside the box if we ever want to be elite again.

This would be very doable...Joe doesn't need the money and has stated so which would leave more for the assistants. that in turn would make them want to stay longer, unless a HC job comes calling.

Chris Petersen is over-rated.... he hasn't the recruiting requirements that most D1 schools do and therefore he has the luxary of offering more schollies to prop 48 type young men.

The coach I feel that is always overlooked is Gary Patterson... seriously, dude game plans nearly as well as TO did. He's taken a weak TCU program that has higher recruiting restrictions the Nebraska does and made them into a very formidable foe. Put in at school like Nebraska that has all the "haves" and he will excel.

As for the question, should we be looking to replace Bo? Well... I've said it once, I'll say it again... HELL NO!

Bo's finally getting the program turned around. Depth at every position is improving.. sure our DT's looked a little weak in the CCG but crap happens. The talent is there and it's about to show itself. Bo's my guy now and will always be. :)

Holy cow. Look at this guy. Husker Hacker with the logic bomp. Nicely said sir.

Holy cow. Look at this guy. Husker Hacker with the logic bomp. Nicely said sir.

:clap

I'm really kind of shocked that more people haven't voted for Al golden.

just don't see how a stint at Temple (4-8, 5-7, 9-4, 8-4) and a couple mediocre years at Miami would put him above someone like Franklin at Vanderbuilt who's shown more potential. I've never been a huge Golden fan.

Here's another issue w/ him: #19, #5, #15, #16 (the recruiting class before he got there he's underachieving w/ now) versus: #36, #9. #72. Maybe he'll finish strong, but for their current class to be sitting at #72, with 9 commits in the state of Florida is alarming.