If Bo goes, who do you want?

Head coaching wish list  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This might be kind of a stretch but what about a guy like Andy Ried? Everyone knows he is probably out in Philly and who knows if he would get another HC offer in the NFL. We did a similar thing with Callahan and UCLA did the same thing with Mora. Not to mention, Andy would be great in recruiting and has proven to be successful with dual threat QB's(McNabb, Vick). Kind of a long shot but just throwing it out there.

I gave you a +1 bc I love the name you chose

Thanks, I enjoyed yours as well.

Art Briles.

Great offensive coach but what would we do with our DC? If Bo goes, JP likely does too.

Terry Joseph!

While I do love TJ, I don't like this new on the job training that we have done with JP and Beck. We are Nebraska and we should be able to hire proven and experienced coordinators, IMO.

This might be kind of a stretch but what about a guy like Andy Ried? Everyone knows he is probably out in Philly and who knows if he would get another HC offer in the NFL. We did a similar thing with Callahan and UCLA did the same thing with Mora. Not to mention, Andy would be great in recruiting and has proven to be successful with dual threat QB's(McNabb, Vick). Kind of a long shot but just throwing it out there.

Andy Reid will have his choice of openings in the nfl when and if he decides to coach again.

I think Shaw would be a prize get for us to get back to our Nebraska roots if we wanted to push back that way. Would he come here, nope. But if I had my pick, that'd be the guy. I don't even want Bo gone yet just yet either though...

I don't know why so many want Bo to stay when its become apparent he does not want to be here. Bo will probably leave for another HC job after 2013

In all honesty, I would love to see John Gruden here. I know it is a looooong shot and he has turned down numerous opportunities in the past (including Tennessee last week) but I think he can be bought for the right price. He's a defensive guru for the blackshirts and he is a true student of the game. That would be my dream list followed by Chris Peterson.

Would you be okay with Nebraska shelling out 7-10 mil per year for a coach? I know I wouldn't be.

I would not be okay with this at all, it would be disgusting. As a taxpayer to the state of Nebraska, the most I would want to see us pay our head coach would be 5.5 mil a year (& only if we got a proven elite coach like Gruden or Cowher). However, I'd be all for including some ridiculous incentives in the contract like $3 mil for a conference championship, $6 mil for an appearance in the BCS National Championship, & another $6 mil for winning it all.

We will soon learn what elite coaches will be making. If Saben is offered a NFL gig, Bama will put up the money to keep him. If Mac Brown retires/AD assistant, I would expect a large offer from Texas to Saben. One booster at Bama has said what ever it takes to keep him he will stay at Bama, no other college team.

I think we are paying way too much for what we are getting, and some how we keep giving more. If we are giving out the money we are now, what is a proven winner worth. It could get very interesting in the next couple of weeks. Glad to see Mac win, as Saben at Texas would get disgusting in a very short time.