Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

Say what you want about Dirk's articles but he's the only one who gets into Bo's ass and has the balls to ask serious questions. He gets to the point and sometimes he might be "out of line" but i'd rather have that then a bunch of timid reporters.

But he'll never have the guts to do outside a presser, bo would beat his twirpy snotty ass. Dirk is f'ing brat. plain and simple.

Now that that's off my chest, this sentence may very well be true. The part about not being good enough is pure speculation, but is an eery thought, becuase at this point it is true.

Ok but this isnt a boxing match. Bo gets paid millions of dollars to coach a football team. You give up 70 points to a mediocre team, you should be asked some hard pressed questions. It's unacceptable. He's a stubborn man who needs a dose of his own medicine. If he doesn't change, then the hard pressed questions shouldn't either.

• Fire 2

Patriots fan actually. It's a process though. At least we're making the CCGs. More improvement and we'll start winning them. We could be in a lot worse shape than we are now.

We don't know if Bo can get us over the hump but we don't know if Bo is doomed to be stuck here either. Dirk's point sounds good but it isn't very.

I completely agree with you about it being a process...

But I want to the team progress, instead of regress.

Say what you want about Dirk's articles but he's the only one who gets into Bo's ass and has the balls to ask serious questions. He gets to the point and sometimes he might be "out of line" but i'd rather have that then a bunch of timid reporters.

But he'll never have the guts to do outside a presser, bo would beat his twirpy snotty ass. Dirk is f'ing brat. plain and simple.

Now that that's off my chest, this sentence may very well be true. The part about not being good enough is pure speculation, but is an eery thought, becuase at this point it is true.

Ok but this isnt a boxing match. Bo gets paid millions of dollars to coach a football team. You give up 70 points to a mediocre team, you should be asked some hard pressed questions. It's unacceptable. He's a stubborn man who needs a dose of his own medicine. If he doesn't change, then the hard pressed questions shouldn't either.

On the other side of the coin, Dirk gets paid to do a job as well and he is drastically sh**ty at it. If he can more or less call for Bo's head and grand stand like the media has which is why TO even got angry with them, then why can't anyone call for Dirk's job? I use Dirk's articles line my couch in my garage.

Sam McQweon (spelling?) in my personal opinion is a good journalist.

• Fire 1

Conference championship games purgatory? I'm OK with that.

It's not conference championship game purgatory. It's "turnovers, penalties, poor game-planning, poor fundamentals, poor technique" purgatory. Sure, our team was resilient this year, but they were also lucky. We were roughly 4 or 5 plays from being 6-6.

Wisconsin missed a field goal and an extra point in their first game against us.

Northwestern dropped 2 interceptions on our winning drive.

At Michigan State, we got a lucky pass interference call.

Against Penn State, we got lucky on the goal line fumble.

Think about that for a second. The ball bounces the other way on those plays, coupled with the embarrassing loss to Ohio State and horrific defensive performance against UCLA - Bo would have been fired last week.

I'm not sure everyone completely understands just how fragile the program is right now.

edit: as far as Dirk goes, the dude is a prick, and his questions in the press conference are usually meant to corner Bo or get a rise out of him. I don't think he's written anything out of line since the CCG, but he has on other occasions.

Patriots fan actually. It's a process though. At least we're making the CCGs. More improvement and we'll start winning them. We could be in a lot worse shape than we are now.

We don't know if Bo can get us over the hump but we don't know if Bo is doomed to be stuck here either. Dirk's point sounds good but it isn't very.

With our schedule, we had very in the know and knowledgable people predicting we lose 6 football games this year. All things considered, I am very proud of the relentless never quit attitude our football team played with this year.

Problem in college football, team turnover happens every year as we graduate guys. We've graduated several classes in a row of studs, and we've come up empty on the reload in places. It's a challenge just to stay afloat. With better classes, we'll do it.

Problem in college football, team turnover happens every year as we graduate guys. We've graduated several classes in a row of studs, and we've come up empty on the reload in places. It's a challenge just to stay afloat. With better classes, we'll do it.

How confident are you we are going to land better classes? Its has not happened yet. its somewhere in the 20's every year, at this point its the 30's for this class last I saw. Bill Snyder might be able to get away with that, but we can't.

EZ, yes there were a lot of folks predicting we'd tank it, and at points, I was hoping they'd be wrong. They finished better than I thought they would...I figured 9-3. But that being said, we've got 3 loses, and two of them were blow outs, at the end of those games, our coaching staff looked like deer in headlights...

Zoogs, spot on, but the studs we "produced" should be one of the points we sell to recruits. And that in theory, should keep improving the level of commits we receive. I know we got hit by injuries this year, but teams that recruit well, can usually overcome such odds, unless you're Maryland...

On the other side of the coin, Dirk gets paid to do a job as well and he is drastically sh**ty at it. If he can more or less call for Bo's head and grand stand like the media has which is why TO even got angry with them, then why can't anyone call for Dirk's job? I use Dirk's articles line my couch in my garage.

I understand but calling for a reporters job compared to a millionaire's job is different. I'm not saying Dirk is great at what he does but without him twisting the knife a little bit, we would get nothing out of Bo. NOTHING. Dirk is the only one that makes Bo feel the pressure and the fan's voice. The rest of the guys are too soft. I'm sure the media is incredibly annoying and pressure mounts as a football coach. Still, at the end of the day, Bo goes home with 3 million dollars and incentives on the way. You lose in the fashion that Nebraska has, Bo deserves to be hassled and bothered. If sitting through crummy articles and "out of line" statements is what it takes to get a hard pressed question here and there, then I'm all for it.

• Fire 1

Conference championship games purgatory? I'm OK with that.

It's not conference championship game purgatory. It's "turnovers, penalties, poor game-planning, poor fundamentals, poor technique" purgatory. Sure, our team was resilient this year, but they were also lucky. We were roughly 4 or 5 plays from being 6-6.

Wisconsin missed a field goal and an extra point in their first game against us.

Northwestern dropped 2 interceptions on our winning drive.

At Michigan State, we got a lucky pass interference call.

Against Penn State, we got lucky on the goal line fumble.

Think about that for a second. The ball bounces the other way on those plays, coupled with the embarrassing loss to Ohio State and horrific defensive performance against UCLA - Bo would have been fired last week.

I'm not sure everyone completely understands just how fragile the program is right now.

You are leaving out the fact that the other teams in those games also caught breaks.

Michigan State would have had to play overtime. So you can't automatically count that as a loss. Also, they had two questionable PI calls go in their favor on one of their scoring drives.

Penn State, in that game even if the call goes the other way, there was something like 11 minutes left. You can't automatically count that one as a loss either.

Wisconsin was given the ball on a fumble from our most consistant football player that was completely unforced on our 20. You can't tell me that that one wasn't a break. Rex runs into the back of an OL and drops the ball? No chance in hell that you can credit Wisconsin for forcing that fumble.

Northwestern is the one that I may give you.

To give this team no credit for making big time plays when the game was on the line and more often than not we were down in the fourth quarter is purely ignorant.

Did we get some breaks? Absolutely, but it wasn't like the other teams got zero during the course of the game. We found ways to win and for that I give our guys credit as they deserve it.

• Fire 1

How confident are you we are going to land better classes? Its has not happened yet. its somewhere in the 20's every year, at this point its the 30's for this class last I saw. Bill Snyder might be able to get away with that, but we can't.

The bolded comes from someone who doesn't follow recruiting. We have a nice forum set up for it. Read it. That is all.

• Fire 1

You are leaving out the fact that the other teams in those games also caught breaks.

Michigan State would have had to play overtime. So you can't automatically count that as a loss. Also, they had two questionable PI calls go in their favor on one of their scoring drives.

Penn State, in that game even if the call goes the other way, there was something like 11 minutes left. You can't automatically count that one as a loss either.

Wisconsin was given the ball on a fumble from our most consistant football player that was completely unforced on our 20. You can't tell me that that one wasn't a break. Rex runs into the back of an OL and drops the ball? No chance in hell that you can credit Wisconsin for forcing that fumble.

Northwestern is the one that I may give you.

To give this team no credit for making big time plays when the game was on the line and more often than not we were down in the fourth quarter is purely ignorant.

Did we get some breaks? Absolutely, but it wasn't like the other teams got zero during the course of the game. We found ways to win and for that I give our guys credit as they deserve it.

I'll give them credit for the ten wins. But I can do so knowing that we're as close to being 7-5 as Wisconsin was to being 10-2. Something which they demonstrated quite clearly the other night.

As Damon Benning said after the CCG - if there's any upside to a game like this, it's that there is no illusion, no feel-good trophy covering up serious flaws that need to be addressed in the offseason.

I understand but calling for a reporters job compared to a millionaire's job is different. I'm not saying Dirk is great at what he does but without him twisting the knife a little bit, we would get nothing out of Bo. NOTHING. Dirk is the only one that makes Bo feel the pressure and the fan's voice. The rest of the guys are too soft. I'm sure the media is incredibly annoying and pressure mounts as a football coach. Still, at the end of the day, Bo goes home with 3 million dollars and incentives on the way. You lose in the fashion that Nebraska has, Bo deserves to be hassled and bothered. If sitting through crummy articles and "out of line" statements is what it takes to get a hard pressed question here and there, then I'm all for it.

I understand your premise.

I guess when it comes down to it, I don't like the fact that the media is not held accountable for what they say or do. There is no check and balance process there.