Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

It really isn't the point in who we're going to miss that's graduating this year. The point is rather if we had better talent riding the pine then why in the heck didn't they play? I highly doubt we had the talent on the bench which is very disturbing heading into next year. If we did, then why are we going after so many JuCo DL in this class?

Conference championship games purgatory? I'm OK with that.

Spoken like a Buffalo Bills fan...

Sorry, I can't subscribe to that. If we're only going to make the CCG every year, to get pantsed by Wisky, Ohio St, or somebody else, then that sucks...

Making the championship game is one thing, getting humiliated is completely different. Nebraska should never be humiliated.

• Fire 1

It makes a lot of sense, actually.

Great players graduated, and nobody as great has come up to replace them. The idea that each year we should be improving doesn't reflect the cycles teams go through with reloading and developing talent. It's not like Stafford and A.Green and Ciante Evans and co are making the same mistakes they were making in 2008.

I think Bo has shown what he can do with talent, and there is reason to be concerned about his ability to pull in talent over the long haul. Those are questions that ought to be answered.

All those people who for years said "We're fine" as we pulled in small recruiting classes that missed on top prospects with a staff that didn't keep their foot on the pedal in that area, ... well, here's the result.

94 NU graduated most of the best offensive line in history, and there didn't seem to be a problem in 95. Good teams don't make excuses. Graduating great players every year should be expected at Nebraska. What happens next year when all the senior talent graduates from the defense? More excuses?

I just still dont understand this entitled attitude. Does anyone think that maybe this is just where our program is, and could be for a long time? Sure many dont want to settle for that, but I guess I'm one that doesnt want to risk what success we do have in a blind attempt to make it better, because we as a fanbase have this generalized notion that we "deserve better". That elitest thinking is what helped to send this program down the crapper 10 years ago to begin with. I personally believe we are fortunate to have had as good as it has been under Bo. I'm not understanding all the angst I guess because I am comfortable admitting that we probably will never win another National Championship again. The logistics of college football is just not going to allow it for us. I hope I'm wrong just like anyone else. We are hungry for the dominant days again that we forget that that run was the lightning in a bottle not these days of 9-10 wins.

As a fan, I can't accept that. Not saying a dynasty in the 90's, but playing for / winning a nc title ONCE in a 15 to 20 year span IS reasonable for this program. Failing to win a ccg in 13 years is not acceptable. I understand that includes Billy's era, but the failure to win a CC is my big frustration.

Conference championship games purgatory? I'm OK with that.

Spoken like a Buffalo Bills fan...

Sorry, I can't subscribe to that. If we're only going to make the CCG every year, to get pantsed by Wisky, Ohio St, or somebody else, then that sucks...

Making the championship game is one thing, getting humiliated is completely different. Nebraska should never be humiliated.

What's worse? not making the ccg or making it and being humiliated. I lean towards not making the game at all.

I understand your premise.

I guess when it comes down to it, I don't like the fact that the media is not held accountable for what they say or do. There is no check and balance process there.

Of course the media is held accountable. That's what you're doing right now. You can raise the stakes with letters to the OWH and/or by cancelling your subscription. There have been plenty of Pelini apologists - some on the same pages of the OWH - to check and balance Dirk, and Pelini himself withholds access from the press. What more exactly do you have in mind?

The other side of the coin - a coach who does not feel he needs to explain his actions to the fans and media who provide his $3 million salary - is part of the checks and balances, too.

I wish I could rid the world of stupid questions, but legitimately tough questions remain in demand. How you answer is a good reveal of character.

Its the defensive coaches fault for the players having such poor tackling skills. It the special teams coaches fault for not being able to field kicks and being horrid on coverage units. Its the strength coaches fault that both our offensive and defensive lines are constantly man handled. Its the offensive coaches fault for not being consistent and sticking with what works. All this rests on the lacking abilities of Coach Pelini to provide the proper vision, picking the correct people and manage his people.

Say what you want about Dirk's articles but he's the only one who gets into Bo's ass and has the balls to ask serious questions. He gets to the point and sometimes he might be "out of line" but i'd rather have that then a bunch of timid reporters.

This isn't freaking Watergate, it's college football!!!!! Unless Dirk is trying to uncover illegal or immoral acts, there is absolutely no point in being a dirkhead!!!

I'm not saying that he has to pump the sunshine like Sipple does, but he doesn't have to come after Bo like he is trying to uncover a conspiracy theory. I understand he wants hard questions answered, he might have better luck asking them on Wednesday. Instead, he jumps on Bo's jock right after Wisconsin spent 4 HOURS!!!! giving Pelini's "said jock" a super wedgie. I would be irritable too, if I was Pelini....

"Bo isn’t good enough to get over the hump. He isn't bad enough to fire. Nebraska is stuck in purgatory."

As awful as it to say this, these three sentences sum up our current situation perfectly. :(

The rest of the article here.

Not going to read the article because those 3 sentences are garbage IMO. You get a few key players and wwalahh...Bo will be a genius again. People almost ran T.O out of town for his troubles with Okie and Bowls.

"Bo isn’t good enough to get over the hump. He isn't bad enough to fire. Nebraska is stuck in purgatory."

As awful as it to say this, these three sentences sum up our current situation perfectly. :(

The rest of the article here.

Not going to read the article because those 3 sentences are garbage IMO. You get a few key players and wwalahh...Bo will be a genius again. People almost ran T.O out of town for his troubles with Okie and Bowls.

Exactly people, are just impatient. I mean I would be fine if we lost 3 or 4 games by being competitive, but after this year, I don't want to see a blowout. I want us to have a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. That will start with the Bowl game.

A large chunk of the Bulldog nation has been saying the same thing about Mark Richt since the letdown of the 2008 team. #1 Preseason ranking, demolished at home in the first half by Alabama in primetime, and consistently underwhelmed in many cases since. And this is in light of a current 11-2 season coming on the heels of a 10-4 season last year with an SEC East title each year.