10/12 - @ Purdue - W

10/26 - @ Minnesota - W

11/2 - Northwestern - W

11/9 - @ Michigan - L

11/16 - Michigan State - W

11/23 - @ Penn State - L

11/30 - Iowa - W

It shall be done.

I'm not very attuned to other programs' recruiting but I was assuming/hoping that PSU would be a mess next season with a lot of their big playmakers leaving (McGloin, Hill, Mauti, Hodges). Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone know how PSU's recruiting is looking for next season and if they have guys who might step up? I can't see us dropping that game but I guess after the CCG anything can happen with this team.

I'm 30 years old. I remember the glory days of the 90's, the almost was of the 80's, and the downward spiral that was the 2000's..

How, you were still eating cheerios out of the couch cushions? And I'd argue we were 13-14 in the glory days of the 90's....still a little too young to appreciate it. I remember it - but I don't think I can fully grasp the magnitude of it since to me at the time that was the norm, not the exception that it truely was. I think that's why a lot of opinions on this board differ so greatly. The "norm" I grew up with was very different than most peoples. And I was too young to really understand the greatness that it was. by 99-2001 I think we had it...but again, that was just the icing on the cake we'd already been eating for 7 years.

(i'm 30 too)

I'm 29, and I can recall games in detail from the 89 season. That's when I really started to pay attention. No, I dont remember anything from before then, but ask me anything from the 90's and I could probably answer it off the top of my head, so that probably isnt too far fetched. But from the 80s and only being a year older than me might be pushing it, but who knows. I know how obsessed I am with this team, and I'm sure there are others who are more.

8/31 - Wyoming - W 9/7 - Southern Miss - W 9/14 - UCLA - L 9/21 - South Dakota State - W 10/5 - Illinois - W 10/12 - @ Purdue - W 10/26 - @ Minnesota - W 11/2 - Northwestern - L 11/9 - @ Michigan - L 11/16 - Michigan State - L 11/23 - @ Penn State - W 11/30 - Iowa - W Nebraska is returning not much from a below average defense. They will be worse next year. UCLA will come to Lincoln with a lot of talent and they're a team that's obviously getting better. Colter returns for Northwestern and Fitzgerald will use him much differently next year than he did this year. The Wildcats had Nebraska dead to rights this year and blew it. Flat out blew it...two INT's dropped on the final Nebraska drive and a missed FG at the end of the game. If Gardner is still at QB in Ann Arbor, Nebraska will be gutted in similar fashion to every other mobile QB they've played under Pelini. Keep in mind...Michigan was going in to score late in the first half to make it a 10-7 game when Robinson got hurt. Michigan State...another team that had Nebraska dead to rights. An INT return gets called back that would've put the game out of hand and a blown defensive pass interference call that should've gone against Kenny Bell...Michigan State's defense will be stout and Martinez will turn the ball over three times.

Who is your favorite team? It doesn't seem like it's Nebraska. You seem upset that Nebraska won those comeback games.

8/31 - Wyoming - W 9/7 - Southern Miss - W 9/14 - UCLA - L 9/21 - South Dakota State - W 10/5 - Illinois - W 10/12 - @ Purdue - W 10/26 - @ Minnesota - W 11/2 - Northwestern - L 11/9 - @ Michigan - L 11/16 - Michigan State - L 11/23 - @ Penn State - W 11/30 - Iowa - W Nebraska is returning not much from a below average defense. They will be worse next year. UCLA will come to Lincoln with a lot of talent and they're a team that's obviously getting better. Colter returns for Northwestern and Fitzgerald will use him much differently next year than he did this year. The Wildcats had Nebraska dead to rights this year and blew it. Flat out blew it...two INT's dropped on the final Nebraska drive and a missed FG at the end of the game. If Gardner is still at QB in Ann Arbor, Nebraska will be gutted in similar fashion to every other mobile QB they've played under Pelini. Keep in mind...Michigan was going in to score late in the first half to make it a 10-7 game when Robinson got hurt. Michigan State...another team that had Nebraska dead to rights. An INT return gets called back that would've put the game out of hand and a blown defensive pass interference call that should've gone against Kenny Bell...Michigan State's defense will be stout and Martinez will turn the ball over three times.

Who is your favorite team? It doesn't seem like it's Nebraska. You seem upset that Nebraska won those comeback games.

No need to worry. there's nothing to see here.

I think everyone wants to win every game. I think some fail to give consideration how close we came to losing those games and some were out of our control. Where would this board be right now if we lost 4-5 more games. How counting those victories are sure wins next year does not add up.

Some say we lack talent, others say it is being red shirted this year, others say there isn't talent coming to replace kids that were not division 1 athletes this year. Not saying they did not play their guts out, just talent accross the board was not comparable with top programs.

I really do not know where we are headed. The team is so off and on, no advancement in old problems, that keep rearing their heads.

I am not of the mind that an easier schedule will make everything great, we are still going to face the top team in the Leaders if we win out and then we have to face a BCS team or another SEC team. Who knows what will happen but say we win this cup cake schedule, drop another blow out to Ohio State/Wisconsin and then do it again with the SEC team. Will we have moved forward. Will it then be, well next years schedule will be easier because so and so will not be as good.

We seem to have lost our rudder, were not worried about how we improve, grow, but if we can line up enough losers to have a 9 win season. That is not what Nebraska football is about for me.

8/31 - Wyoming - W

9/7 - Southern Miss - W

9/14 - UCLA - L

9/21 - South Dakota State - W

10/5 - Illinois - W

10/12 - @ Purdue - W

10/26 - @ Minnesota - W

11/2 - Northwestern - L

11/9 - @ Michigan - L

11/16 - Michigan State - L

11/23 - @ Penn State - W

11/30 - Iowa - W

Nebraska is returning not much from a below average defense. They will be worse next year.

UCLA will come to Lincoln with a lot of talent and they're a team that's obviously getting better.

Colter returns for Northwestern and Fitzgerald will use him much differently next year than he did this year. The Wildcats had Nebraska dead to rights this year and blew it. Flat out blew it...two INT's dropped on the final Nebraska drive and a missed FG at the end of the game.

If Gardner is still at QB in Ann Arbor, Nebraska will be gutted in similar fashion to every other mobile QB they've played under Pelini. Keep in mind...Michigan was going in to score late in the first half to make it a 10-7 game when Robinson got hurt.

Michigan State...another team that had Nebraska dead to rights. An INT return gets called back that would've put the game out of hand and a blown defensive pass interference call that should've gone against Kenny Bell...Michigan State's defense will be stout and Martinez will turn the ball over three times.

I don't see Michigan or Michigan state beating us next year, Gardner is not the same type of mobile QB that Robinson was and he isn't a great passer either (watch the OSU game this year). I also don't see NW beating us especially at home (away games for us against them are home games for us as well) there is no way we sleep on NW at home again like last year. Colter is a great athlete but he is going to need more than just him, and our Offense will crush them next year! UCLA is the only team I am worried about for next year. They have a very young team and they are very disciplined. They don't make alot of mental errors I wouldn't be shocked if UCLA or Michigan beats us but those are def not gimmes for them, I could see us winning 11 or 12 of these games but that won't happen if Martinez doesn't learn to hold on to the ball. We can not have him putting the ball on the ground 16-17 times a year and expect to win big games. Also we have to learn to get momentum early in the games instead of playing catch up. We have to learn to be ALOT more disciplined on offense and Defense, and that's a lot easier said than done!!

I went on to Rivals and looked up all of the depth charts for each opponent for next year, and the three B1G teams we don't play. Some of these were created earlier in the year, so they may not be completely accurate. I listed how many underclassmen are on offense and defense and labeled them as returners. Obviously some could leave the program or enter the draft. I also listed the QB and what year they are this year. The number in parentheses is the total offense and total defense from this year. This is yardage, not scoring. I listed DONU first.

Nebraska

O: Return 8, including JR QB Taylor Martinez. Abdulah a returner (24)

D: Return 3 (22)

Total returning starters: 11

Wyoming

O: Return 7, including SO QB Brett Smith (76)

D: Return 8 (108)

Total returning starters: 15

Southern Miss

O: Return 5, including FR QB Anthony Alford (106)

D: Return 8 (83)

Total returning starters: 13

UCLA

O: Return 7, including FR QB Brett Hundley (20)

D: Return 6 (72)

S. Dakota State

No depth chart

Illinois

O: Return 9, including JR Nathan Scheelhaase (119)

D: Return 5 (55)

Total returning starters: 14

Purdue

O: Return 6, QB is third string JR Rob Henry (59)

D: Return 7 (70)

BYE

Minnesota

O: Return 10, including FR QB Phillip Nelson (111)

D: Return 6 (29)

Total returning starters: 16

Northwestern

O: Return 7, including JR Cain Colter & SO Trevor Siemian (63)

D: Return 6 (51)

Michigan

O: Return 6, including JR QB Devin Gardner (80)

D: Return 6 (11)

Total returning starters: 12

Michigan State

O: Return 9, including JR QB Andrew Maxwell (89)

D: Return 8 (4)

Total returning starters: 17

Penn State

O: Return 8, QB is backup SO Paul Jones (54)

D: Return 6 (32)

Iowa

O: Return 6, QB is backup FR Jake Ruddock (114)

D: Return 8 (46)

Other B1G Teams

Ohio State

O: Return 9, including SO QB Braxton Miller (48)

D: Return 6 (36)

Total returning starters: 15

Wisconsin

O: Return 9, including FR QB Joel Stave (62)

D: Return 7 (13)

Total returning starters: 16

Indiana

O: Return 10, including SO QB Cameron Coffman (36)

D: Return 9 (104)

Total returning starters: 19

I would hold off on setting your expectations for next years team at least until the UCLA game.

Replacing eight starters from a very mediocre defense should raise all kinds of alarms for next year. I also doubt Pelini will change his defensive scheme, which is his biggest achilles heal. He doesn't have the players to run the two-gap successfully. NU will be able to score some points on offense, and they will need it, cause that defense will be playing mostly new guys. Based on that I make the early prediction of 8-4. Get used to it Husker fans. Like the World-Herald writer stated, "Bo isn't good enough to get over the hump, but he's good enough not to get fired".

Bo haters deserve the second coming of Callyhandjob- when did Nebraska fans become so self entitled?

If TO would have been a coach in today's "Nebraska fan social media circle jerk" Osborne would have been run out of town by a bunch of video-playing "fans" with skinny jeans on

• Fire 1

Replacing eight starters from a very mediocre defense should raise all kinds of alarms for next year. I also doubt Pelini will change his defensive scheme, which is his biggest achilles heal. He doesn't have the players to run the two-gap successfully. NU will be able to score some points on offense, and they will need it, cause that defense will be playing mostly new guys. Based on that I make the early prediction of 8-4. Get used to it Husker fans. Like the World-Herald writer stated, "Bo isn't good enough to get over the hump, but he's good enough not to get fired".

Bo haters deserve the second coming of Callyhandjob- when did Nebraska fans become so self entitled?

If TO would have been a coach in today's "Nebraska fan social media circle jerk" Osborne would have been run out of town by a bunch of video-playing "fans" with skinny jeans on

skinny jeans. I hate those things. Why do people have to dress in a way that makes them look as ridiculous as possible, and for one second think it's cool.

skinny jeans. I hate those things. Why do people have to dress in a way that makes them look as ridiculous as possible, and for one second think it's cool.

Hasn't every generation had those people?