Next year's schedule

At the risk of getting back on track with 2013 predictions...

08/31 - Wyoming - W

09/07 - Southern Miss - W

09/14 - UCLA - L

09/21 - South Dakota State - W

10/05 - Illinois - W

10/12 - @ Purdue - W

10/26 - @ Minnesota - L

11/02 - Northwestern - W

11/09 - @ Michigan - L

11/16 - Michigan State - W

11/23 - @ Penn State - W

11/30 - Iowa - W

Frankly, if we're taking a step back on defense, there's no way we beat UCLA, who is going to be markedly better next year with all of those returning underclassmen under Mora.

Minnesota is a team to watch out for, Kill is historically a good coach, and they should have an even better defense next season--if they get a consistent offense to go along with it, they could be in the mix with us, MSU, and Michigan for the division and could upset us.

Michigan finally has a good quarterback in Gardner, and I'm not sure we would have been successful had Hoke put him out there. This one may be iffy only by virtue of them having played MSU the week prior, and playing at Northwestern the next week, so Michigan won't be able to look ahead.

Even with our pillow-soft schedule, I don't see us getting back to the title game, especially if our defense takes a step back as people indicate. 9-3 isn't too bad, though...right?

Majority of folks said 7-5 or 8-4 for this year.

Link?

http://www.huskerboa...s-year/page__hl__ 2012 prediction

http://www.huskerboa...page__hl__+2012 +predictions__st__50

There are many, many more examples. For as many sunshine pumpers who predicted a 12-1 season, there were just as many predicting 7,8, or 9 wins.

And if you sit down and note the posters who predicted/expected 7-8 wins, I would bet that 9 of 10 of them are the same ones wanting heads for the 10 wins we have now.

You got it.

Loss @ Michigan and loss in Indianapolis to OSU.

11-2 and in a BCS Bowl.

you're counting on Michigan having 2 losses. Not sure we can lose to Michigan and get a shot at Indy next year. @MSU, @Penn State - but they get tOSU @home. I'd also say we'd get passed over for the BCS if we lose in Indy. Better chance of BCS if we lose to Michigan, don't make Indy and go 11-1. But I'd rather go to Indy. I think we need to run the table next year to get to Indy.

Loss @ Michigan and loss in Indianapolis to OSU.

11-2 and in a BCS Bowl.

you're counting on Michigan having 2 losses. Not sure we can lose to Michigan and get a shot at Indy next year. @MSU, @Penn State - but they get tOSU @home. I'd also say we'd get passed over for the BCS if we lose in Indy. Better chance of BCS if we lose to Michigan, don't make Indy and go 11-1. But I'd rather go to Indy. I think we need to run the table next year to get to Indy.

I think we will stumble just playing in Ann Arbor.

I think OSU goes undefeated, giving Michigan one loss.

Then, I think they stumble having to play at Michigan St. and Penn St.

If we don't lose at Michigan, I don't see us having any conference losses.

Maybe a loss at home to UCLA.

UCLA will be a very tough game, that program is loaded with talent and will have alot of momentum going into next season. I really hope home field advantage helps us. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a night game, but honestly I know this sounds crazy but if we had a 12o'clock game I think it would play in our favor as well, because it will be 10 in California and maybe they wont be ready to play at that time. Crazy I know

It is going to be normally between Ohio State and Michigan. Both are recruiting our ass off. They will continue that as they have forever. I think we will be the also ran most of the time just like Wisconsin. Too much talent in the area and too much recruiting talent to beat them. It is going to be a rough ride for us, but as long as we keep playing the game the right way, no probation, no criminals, high graduation rate, I will be satisfied with the program. We have had our days in the sun, may get a few good burns along the way, but we will remain the clamy white midwestern winter farm boys. Just stay respectable is all I ask.