Lavonte David vs Manti Te'o

[quote name='The Dude' timestamp='1355410075' post='1090193']

I am quickly losing interest in pro sports because of over paid, whiny players but I can still stand to watch the NFL and I love seeing former Huskers dominate!

I used to be an NFL fanatic. Nowadays I find myself not giving a sh#t until December rolls around - once the NCAA season comes to an end.

Baseball and Basketball could cease to exist at the pro level tomorrow, and I'd probably barely notice.

Man I feel you 100% on that.

Now Jarvis Jones is a beast. But every time i have watched Clowney the anouncers are pointing out him taking plays off. David nor Teo did that.

I am quickly losing interest in pro sports because of over paid, whiny players but I can still stand to watch the NFL and I love seeing former Huskers dominate!

I used to be an NFL fanatic. Nowadays I find myself not giving a sh#t until December rolls around - once the NCAA season comes to an end.

Baseball and Basketball could cease to exist at the pro level tomorrow, and I'd probably barely notice.

And is hockey even a thing anymore? I haven't heard anything hockey related in years, and I usually only listen to sports radio in my car. It seems like ESPN is trying to push soccer these days to replace hockey, but I'm not so sure that's even an actual sport.

Dude:

Hockey (my personal favorite sport) is in one sense alive and well... and, in another, dead. It is alive and well in that the quality of play has never been better, popularity in the US has over the past 5 years really climbed, attendance is up and TV ratings are (relative to hockey before) at an all time high. Also there is great parity with each year over really the past decade having 3-4 different teams all about dead even at the end (and those teams differ from year to year) and with different Stanley Cup winners almost every year. It is a great time to be an NHL fan,... except for the dead part... the NHL is on a labor strike and the season is likely to be cancelled this year. That stinks. But hockey, once you watch it regularly is so fast and so exciting, it makes watching football seem like watching paint dry... consider that in 3.5 hours of a football game on TV there is, literally, about 9-11 minutes of actual action (150 plays at an average of 2-3 seconds each). Hockey is 60 minutes of blazing action. Great game. As for soccer...

I appreciate the athleticism and skill... but way too slow a game to watch.

• 1 month later...

once again, the Heisman taking a shot to the junk...

Guy I work with is a big 'Bama fan, and every time he spouts about Ingram's Heisman, I have to remind him that he's keeping it warm for Suh...

He's actually keeping it warm for Toby Gerhart, the guy who had better stats on a team that wasn't as good as that Bama squad. Who is also one of the most down to earth athletes I've ever met.

And is hockey even a thing anymore? I haven't heard anything hockey related in years, and I usually only listen to sports radio in my car. It seems like ESPN is trying to push soccer these days to replace hockey, but I'm not so sure that's even an actual sport.

Dude:

Hockey (my personal favorite sport) is in one sense alive and well... and, in another, dead. It is alive and well in that the quality of play has never been better, popularity in the US has over the past 5 years really climbed, attendance is up and TV ratings are (relative to hockey before) at an all time high. Also there is great parity with each year over really the past decade having 3-4 different teams all about dead even at the end (and those teams differ from year to year) and with different Stanley Cup winners almost every year. It is a great time to be an NHL fan,... except for the dead part... the NHL is on a labor strike and the season is likely to be cancelled this year. That stinks. But hockey, once you watch it regularly is so fast and so exciting, it makes watching football seem like watching paint dry... consider that in 3.5 hours of a football game on TV there is, literally, about 9-11 minutes of actual action (150 plays at an average of 2-3 seconds each). Hockey is 60 minutes of blazing action. Great game. As for soccer...

I appreciate the athleticism and skill... but way too slow a game to watch.

Aside from Football, my favorite sport is World's Strongest Man. By far the most entertaining of all the "minor" sports. :lol:

once again, the Heisman taking a shot to the junk...

Guy I work with is a big 'Bama fan, and every time he spouts about Ingram's Heisman, I have to remind him that he's keeping it warm for Suh...

He's actually keeping it warm for Toby Gerhart, the guy who had better stats on a team that wasn't as good as that Bama squad. Who is also one of the most down to earth athletes I've ever met.

Naw, it's Suh's trophy. He was the best player in college football in 2009, although Gerhart would have had second place, if I had a vote.