Will Tim Beck be smart enough to know that Georgia.....

husker_99

If we lose this game, I don't believe the major issues will be on offense.

In fact, I actually feel we will still be in this game at half time. If we lose, the defense falls apart in the second half.

If we lose, I couldn't see it being the offense's fault, but will this be the first game all year where our offense doesn't show up and score almost 30 points? You never know. If we end up with a "L", which for some reason I don't think we will lose, I hope its not by much and our boys play their hearts out. I think we will see some plays that we haven't seen all year.

As a gross over generalization, I have always felt that if you lose and score more than 21 points, I put more blame on the defense. If you lose and score less than 21 points, I look at the offense.

Like I said, this is an over generalization and thinks like pick 6s or kick returns for TDs can play into it.

In this game, I expect us to score well over 21 points. I know Georgia has a very good defense. I expect our offense to meet the challenge.

Now, if the first half of the first quarter goes like the CCG, all bets are off on the outcome. That absolutely can not happen.

As a gross over generalization, I have always felt that if you lose and score more than 21 points, I put more blame on the defense. If you lose and score less than 21 points, I look at the offense.

Like I said, this is an over generalization and thinks like pick 6s or kick returns for TDs can play into it.

In this game, I expect us to score well over 21 points. I know Georgia has a very good defense. I expect our offense to meet the challenge.

Now, if the first half of the first quarter goes like the CCG, all bets are off on the outcome. That absolutely can not happen.

This^. We seem to well when coming from behind as evidenced by our 5 (IIRC) come from behind wins. When the O, simply breaks on huge play for 6 it kills the D and they crap themselves for the rest of the game ie OSU, Wisky in the CCG, USC hail mary etc.... Come from behind yes, but when a team puts up a highlight reel TD we seem to fold. If UGA gets 6 on some crazy long run or pass, based upon the past, our D will collapse and be unable to recover.

The question is if it is not working initially will he keep at it?

We ran about 30 toss sweeps against Penn State. I think he'll stick with whatever we need to win.

So let me get this straight. People get mad when the run is working and he calls a pass instead of running it 50 times. They get mad that he doesn't keep running it when it isn't working. When the passing game is working people get mad and people are more upset than Rosie O'Donnell on Weight Watchers if he keeps passing and it doesn't work.

We ran about 30 toss sweeps against Penn State. I think he'll stick with whatever we need to win.

So let me get this straight. People get mad when the run is working and he calls a pass instead of running it 50 times. They get mad that he doesn't keep running it when it isn't working. When the passing game is working people get mad and people are more upset than Rosie O'Donnell on Weight Watchers if he keeps passing and it doesn't work.

some-men-just-want-to-see-the-world-burn-31741.png

• Fire 1

Some people seem to think we should run the ball almost every down. That isn't realistic. When the run works early on, more than likely, the defense is going to adjust and the pass is going to open up. That is why you see him start to pass more in certain parts of the game. Now, when the team doesn't execute those plays well, then everyone screams that he went away from the run. Well....if the defense adjusted to the run and the pass opened up, more than likely, the run will be less effective.

But...hey....calling plays is easy from the couch.

But it's so simple. All Beck has to do is divine from what he knows of Georgia: are they the sort of team who would put the focus into it's own weakness or strengths? Now, a clever team would put the focus into his own weakness, because they would know that only a great fool would attack whats proven to be a strength. Beck is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose to attack the other teams strength. But Georgia must have known Beck was not a great fool, they would have counted on it, so Beck can clearly not attack Georgias weakness on D.....

Inconceivable!!

some-men-just-want-to-see-the-world-burn-31741.png

I want to watch the stupid idiotic side of the world burn.

But it's so simple. All Beck has to do is divine from what he knows of Georgia: are they the sort of team who would put the focus into it's own weakness or strengths? Now, a clever team would put the focus into his own weakness, because they would know that only a great fool would attack whats proven to be a strength. Beck is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose to attack the other teams strength. But Georgia must have known Beck was not a great fool, they would have counted on it, so Beck can clearly not attack Georgias weakness on D.....

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Tim Beck has put 90% of the decision-making in the quarterback's hands. Sometimes that just-in-time split-second method works and sometimes it's a disaster. Having three injured RB's hasn't helped, but seeing how Wisconsin effectively used their runners to spread the field while we did nothing with our offensive talent doesn't give me a lot of confidence in Beck's ability to run anything but a quick-scoring hit-or-miss Pac Ten offense.

I expect to see Taylor back in the pocket again, lousy pass-blocking from the left side, bailing too early, throwing into triple coverage, etc...

We have a hell of a lot of talent on offense....but you wouldn't know it.

Tim Beck has put 90% of the decision-making in the quarterback's hands. Sometimes that just-in-time split-second method works and sometimes it's a disaster. Having three injured RB's hasn't helped, but seeing how Wisconsin effectively used their runners to spread the field while we did nothing with our offensive talent doesn't give me a lot of confidence in Beck's ability to run anything but a quick-scoring hit-or-miss Pac Ten offense.

I expect to see Taylor back in the pocket again, lousy pass-blocking from the left side, bailing too early, throwing into triple coverage, etc...

We have a hell of a lot of talent on offense....but you wouldn't know it.

I know right. Worst offense ever.

Give me a break.