Will Tim Beck be smart enough to know that Georgia.....

husker_99

Tim Beck has put 90% of the decision-making in the quarterback's hands. Sometimes that just-in-time split-second method works and sometimes it's a disaster. Having three injured RB's hasn't helped, but seeing how Wisconsin effectively used their runners to spread the field while we did nothing with our offensive talent doesn't give me a lot of confidence in Beck's ability to run anything but a quick-scoring hit-or-miss Pac Ten offense.

I expect to see Taylor back in the pocket again, lousy pass-blocking from the left side, bailing too early, throwing into triple coverage, etc...

We have a hell of a lot of talent on offense....but you wouldn't know it.

Educate me. If Taylor has 90% of the decision making power, why does he look to the sideline before the snap to get the calls at the LOS???

Tim Beck has put 90% of the decision-making in the quarterback's hands.

How is this the case? We have an offense that looks to the sidelines for posters of Jeff Jamrog's face and other visual cues to get their plays. We have comparatively little in the quarterback's hands compared to most, I would think...

But it's so simple. All Beck has to do is divine from what he knows of Georgia: are they the sort of team who would put the focus into it's own weakness or strengths? Now, a clever team would put the focus into his own weakness, because they would know that only a great fool would attack whats proven to be a strength. Beck is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose to attack the other teams strength. But Georgia must have known Beck was not a great fool, they would have counted on it, so Beck can clearly not attack Georgias weakness on D.....

But what if our D has been mostly dead all day?

one thing is for certain. Georgia is going to stack the line of scrimmage and press the receivers with tight man to man coverage and challenge T-Mart to beat them throwing the ball or with his legs. Their D is going to the fasted D that NU has seen this year, and NU's O-line doesnt have the nastiness needed in a power running game.

As an offense we have over 6000 yards for only the 5th time in school history ('82-'83, '95, and '97 were the other years). There have definitely been some problems at times, but you don't see that production without being really good.

Damn...someone posted facts! I like that! Yeah...this offense sucks! :sarcasm

one thing is for certain. Georgia is going to stack the line of scrimmage and press the receivers with tight man to man coverage and challenge T-Mart to beat them throwing the ball or with his legs. Their D is going to the fasted D that NU has seen this year, and NU's O-line doesnt have the nastiness needed in a power running game.

We had better just forfeit right now huh... From what I remember, we moved the ball well against SC last year, and their D was probably just as fast or faster than UGA's is. And our offense is more explosive now than it was last year. We will be fine.

We had better just forfeit right now huh... From what I remember, we moved the ball well against SC last year, and their D was probably just as fast or faster than UGA's is. And our offense is more explosive now than it was last year. We will be fine.

Nor have they seen a QB as quick as Martinez. There is NO ONE on their D who can catch that kid in the open field. Really unsure if there is even a player in the BCS that can chase him down when he is 100% healthy.

I really hope that Beck draws up some designed QB runs. We have rarely seen this all year. I think that would keep their quick DL and LB's honest. They crash and he runs right past.

I am actually thinking we match up very well.

no, i didnt say that at all. Beck has to be prepared for that type of defense. Normally a team that has a weakness identified, they will work to correct it. If NU coaches do not find something that can be exploited, it could be another long night,

i am more worried about NU's defensive performance in this game than I am the offenses. The offense will score enough points to win the game, but will NU's defense keep UGA score below ours?