Will Tim Beck be smart enough to know that Georgia.....

husker_99

But it's so simple. All Beck has to do is divine from what he knows of Georgia: are they the sort of team who would put the focus into it's own weakness or strengths? Now, a clever team would put the focus into his own weakness, because they would know that only a great fool would attack whats proven to be a strength. Beck is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose to attack the other teams strength. But Georgia must have known Beck was not a great fool, they would have counted on it, so Beck can clearly not attack Georgias weakness on D.....

You've made your decision then?

• Fire 9

Beck, IMO, has been as Jekyll and Hyde as this whole team. There is no way I could even predict what beck will do. To date, he shown the ability to call good plays and those that cause our destruction. I would hope that he would attack them with the run to include designed QB runs. Not reads, but actual runs. GA has yet to see the likes of a QB with the downhill speed of Martinez. Exploit that early and often. For once, come out and force a team out of their game plan from the start. I am sick of hearing how "they (other team) threw some things out that we were not expecting so it took a while to adjust". (Beck made this comment several weeks ago when asked about our slow starts)

Their DL and LB's are too good to try and sit Martinez back in the pocket. I hope that Beck sees the need to actually break out the screen and misdirection plays. GA's speed seems they would be susceptible to misdirection. Beck will need to call a great game from start to finish to our strengths and against theirs.

• Fire 2

But it's so simple. All Beck has to do is divine from what he knows of Georgia: are they the sort of team who would put the focus into it's own weakness or strengths? Now, a clever team would put the focus into his own weakness, because they would know that only a great fool would attack whats proven to be a strength. Beck is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose to attack the other teams strength. But Georgia must have known Beck was not a great fool, they would have counted on it, so Beck can clearly not attack Georgias weakness on D.....

28105005.jpg

• Fire 2

is weak against the run? They have been gashed on running plays all year. If he gets away from the run any point during the game he should be fired. He should be smart enough you expose a defense not go away from it.

Sometimes the score makes it so you have to kind of go away from it...

that's why he should start off pounding the rock so he can keep time of possession in our favor and give our defense a chance. He should ease martinez into passing just not fire off with passing so he can get martinez into a rhythm.

• Fire 1

is weak against the run? They have been gashed on running plays all year. If he gets away from the run any point during the game he should be fired. He should be smart enough you expose a defense not go away from it.

that's why he should start off pounding the rock so he can keep time of possession in our favor and give our defense a chance. He should ease martinez into passing just not fire off with passing so he can get martinez into a rhythm.

Agreed

What I was thinking is that their DL has a couple of big guys, and we might be wise to go up-tempo in our no-huddle as fast as we can. Have the first 5-10 plays scripted so that everybody knows what is going on and try to get a quick score on our first offensive possession. Those big dudes up front will wear out pretty fast. And avoiding obvious passing situations at all costs will be a must for us, because Jarvis Jones is one of the better 3rd down pass rushers in the nation. We have a big test coming, but I believe that our offense can keep us in this game. I also believe the defense could not possibly play worse than they did in the CCG, so hopefully they come out with a little fire and learn to tackle in the next couple weeks.

What I was thinking is that their DL has a couple of big guys, and we might be wise to go up-tempo in our no-huddle as fast as we can. Have the first 5-10 plays scripted so that everybody knows what is going on and try to get a quick score on our first offensive possession. Those big dudes up front will wear out pretty fast. And avoiding obvious passing situations at all costs will be a must for us, because Jarvis Jones is one of the better 3rd down pass rushers in the nation. We have a big test coming, but I believe that our offense can keep us in this game. I also believe the defense could not possibly play worse than they did in the CCG, so hopefully they come out with a little fire and learn to tackle in the next couple weeks.

Just when you think it can't get any worse it can. The Ohio St game proved that. We got beat badly and then Wisconsin just destroyed us.

If there is one guaranteed, sure-fire way to lose this game, running it every single play and not going away from that no matter what is the way to do it.

• Fire 2

• Fire 2

If there is one guaranteed, sure-fire way to lose this game, running it every single play and not going away from that no matter what is the way to do it.

I would actually say we have a better chance to win this game by running it every single play than if we were to pass it every single play. Jarvis Jones would have a party in our backfield with the weakness of our OT play in passing situations.