Taylor Martinez comment

UGA_X

Hi everyone, I came over looking to see if this was for real

Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez made a comment today: "Georgia has just another typical Big Ten defense, I'd say."

I thought it was kinda weird he would compare UGA's D to what is typically in the Big 10, until I thought about it for a minute, it kinda sounds like he's giving UGA props vs. a Dis. And did he really say the same thing about Carolina last year?

You guys know ur Players better than some reporter, just wondering wth the quote is supposed to mean?

Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez made a comment today: "Georgia has just another typical Big Ten defense, I'd say."

I thought it was kinda weird he would compare UGA's D to what is typically in the Big 10, until I thought about it for a minute, it kinda sounds like he's giving UGA props vs. a Dis. And did he really say the same thing about Carolina last year?

You guys know ur Players better than some reporter, just wondering wth the quote is supposed to mean?

Just another good defense. It's really that simple.

Taylor's not the best speaker in the world. I don't think he's trying to diss Georgia, I'm sure him and his teammates are fully aware that Georgia has a very good defense with a bunch of talented athletes. But, then he doesn't want to put Georgia up on a pedestal and make it sound like Nebraska's offense has no chance against the Bulldog defense. So he kind of just put those two thoughts into an awkward statement, not the first time he's done it, won't be the last either.

I know that Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, and Bacarri Rambo scare the living bejeezus out of me!

• Fire 4

He compared your defense to the better defenses in our conference. I think he's trying to give you props without going overboard and gushing that your D is going to destroy us. Trying to be respectful and praise your defense while keeping an optimistic (for us) tone.

He also likes "playing against road games." ;)

• Fire 1

Just another good defense. It's really that simple.

That’s what I thought, I mean how crazy would it be to come out and try to give the other team more motivation? Of course most of my UGA brethren don't see it that way on the other boards, proves every fan base has idiots.

I hope it’s a good contest, and not a blowout either way.

Taylor's not the best speaker in the world. I don't think he's trying to diss Georgia, I'm sure him and his teammates are fully aware that Georgia has a very good defense with a bunch of talented athletes. But, then he doesn't want to put Georgia up on a pedestal and make it sound like Nebraska's offense has no chance against the Bulldog defense. So he kind of just put those two thoughts into an awkward statement, not the first time he's done it, won't be the last either.

I know that Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, and Bacarri Rambo scare the living bejeezus out of me!

what scares me is the $$$ signs these guys may have clouding their eyes, I don't know why but UGA just doesn’t play hard in non-BCS bowl games until the 2nd half, and then it's too little too late, Sparty last Year, Purdue two years before and then WV a few years further back.

Most of my friends are scared silly Big RED will roll us like a bum

How insecure can you get? Get over your SEC!SEC!SEC! self. It is football, OH right, you want him to go, OMGz!!!! WE'RE PLAYING GEORGIA!! SEC! ITS LIKE HAvING TO PLAY UP INTO THE NFL!!!!! would you feel so unsettled by it if he had said, "regular SEC defense" Oh no, that makes u feel like big dick. gtfo and strap up and get ready to make excuses when the B1G T-rex offense craps down your face. 5 time national champions baby, just believe it

This whole conversation really annoys the hell out of me.... Are SEC defenses better then B1G defenses by default? No, making that assumption would cause me to question a person's intelligence level. Why are SEC people immediately offended by merely mentioning the SEC, and B1G in the same conversation? The conferences are comparable, because nobody in the SEC is superhuman, and it is possible for another conference to hold a team that is capable of being compared to the SEC. I do know that the B1G faces better offenses in their conference then the SEC does in their own conference!!

Go Big Ten!!

Go Notre Dame!!

Go Big Red!!

and

F*<k the SEC!!

• Fire 4