DT's next year

I was happy to hear during the broadcast that Bo had told the TV team that he has 4 very talented DT's that he red shirted this year and that maybe he made a mistake in doing that.

I was happy to hear it bc/ DT is a problem for sure

And a coach that admits he may have made a mistake is one that can grow and get better.

Ya it might have been a mistake in hindsight, but the seasons over and we got these guys for 4 years and all 4 of them will be significant contributors. Moss and McMullen at end and Vincent Valentine and Aaron Curry inside. Cant wait to see all the new talent on D next year, serious talent infusion on all 3 levels coming. Im sure there will be some growing pains, but they are way better than what we ran out there this year. Bo has stockpiled some talent.

Ya it might have been a mistake in hindsight, but the seasons over and we got these guys for 4 years and all 4 of them will be significant contributors. Moss and McMullen at end and Vincent Valentine and Aaron Curry inside. Cant wait to see all the new talent on D next year, serious talent infusion on all 3 levels coming. Im sure there will be some growing pains, but they are way better than what we ran out there this year. Bo has stockpiled some talent.

Unlike last year, I am optimistic that things will improve. We were all feeling pretty bad about our D in 2011, and knew we were gonna lose the 3 guys we were banking on earlier in the year (Lavonte, Fonz, and Crick). Compton was about everything I expected, for better or worse. Whaley improved. Stafford was disappointing down the stretch....and we were running on fumes on the DLine (EMart being the only real bright spot after Baker got hurt). I'm going to pick up the punch bowl and chug the kool aid. Here's to next year's D!!

I always choose optimism bc if this isn't fun then why would I keep watching.

I do think there is something to be said about him mentioning it. He also mentioned the talent for next year in the press conference after the game.

I'm OK with more talented young players making mistakes. This year we had less talented upper classmen making mistakes. I'd like the more talented younger verswion.

I'd like to add one more JUCO body to our DT depth then I feel we will be very solid there. Really liked the defensive game plan today. Wish the secondary would have played better. We need a two solid safeties to emerge during the spring.

We need a complete overhaul of talent on the DL. We don't have DEs that can run down a QB when rushing and our DTs get pushed around (lack of depth). With the new guys coming in next year we need to start building that depth with great recruiting. If the recruiting isn't there with the 2014 class changes need to be made. We know what the issues are, but if they can't get fixed we need people who can get them fixed.

I was happy to hear during the broadcast that Bo had told the TV team that he has 4 very talented DT's that he red shirted this year and that maybe he made a mistake in doing that.

And a coach that admits he may have made a mistake is one that can grow and get better.

it was nice to hear but what else was he suppose to say they're just as bad as the other interior guys i've recruited...i hope they are WAY WAY better than who we had this season and they all contribute ASAP i'm sure there will be growing pains playing younger guys but those growing pains cant be any worse than the way the defensive line played this year i hope it will all be worked out by confrence play

it was nice to hear but what else was he suppose to say they're just as bad as the other interior guys i've recruited...i hope they are WAY WAY better than who we had this season and they all contribute ASAP i'm sure there will be growing pains playing younger guys but those growing pains cant be any worse than the way the defensive line played this year i hope it will all be worked out by confrence play

That is what I was thinking. They can't be worse than what was out there this year. If they are at the same level we at least know we will get better on defense. We have some amazing talent coming in on the offensive side, but we need to get the defense fixed before we can win a championship.

I'd like to add one more JUCO body to our DT depth then I feel we will be very solid there. Really liked the defensive game plan today. Wish the secondary would have played better. We need a two solid safeties to emerge during the spring.

I think the safety play this year has been as bad as the LB/DL. How they get a pass is beyond me. The inconsistency around tackling and helping over the top has been a nightmare.

• Fire 1

I think the safety play this year has been as bad as the LB/DL. How they get a pass is beyond me. The inconsistency around tackling and helping over the top has been a nightmare.

It is a whole unit thing. The only above average group has been the corners. Safeties have a lot on their plate, but have made numerous huge mistakes.

The fact that he actually mentioned them at all is why I am hopeful. He didn't really even need to bring it up.

Any speculation as to who? Valentine is obviously one, but who are the other 3?

Curry was our only other DT that signed in last year's class. Unless McMullen is maybe one, but that would mean they moved him over from DE. Are some of these guys walk-ons?

I agree it will really help in 2016, but it puts us in a tough spot next year.

Which is discouraging because for a couple years now we've been saying 2013 was the year to make a run. I don't think Bo got the memo.

Any speculation as to who? Valentine is obviously one, but who are the other 3?

Curry was our only other DT that signed in last year's class. Unless McMullen is maybe one, but that would mean they moved him over from DE. Are some of these guys walk-ons?

I heard it was just four talented linemen he red shirted, I assumed it was referring to Valentine, Curry, McMullen and Moss.

I agree it will really help in 2016, but it puts us in a tough spot next year.

Which is discouraging because for a couple years now we've been saying 2013 was the year to make a run. I don't think Bo got the memo.

I like the fact that new blood will need to step up. The talent is there just not proven. However, I am ignorant and thus all such words from me must be interpreted by some ***** poster on the board.