Predict the 2013 season

KJ.

I just can't be thrilled for next season because of how I've watched this defense perform and now we are losing a ton of experience. I wish with this easy schedule we could make a strong one and bring back some pride, but I just don't see it. 9-4

Take a look at our 2013 schedule and tell me where the hell we lose 3 or 4 games next season. 1, I think the defense will be improved. B, I think the offense will be even better and more consistent next year. III, the strength of our schedule next year is dog crap. We have a tough game in Ann Arbor against Michigan, and 2 tough games at home against UCLA and Northwestern. The rest of the games shouldn't even be close if we play decent whatsoever.

Going to Penn State won't be a cakewalk. MSU with improved skill players, many defensive players (although, probably not Gholston) should be formidable. UCLA and Michigan as mentioned.

PSU will be even worse next year lose to many good players.. MSU loses a lot on both sides of the ball. And possibly Bell if he goes pro. And UCLA might be without Mora.

8 returning on O and 6 on D. PSU will be okay for one more year. MSU returns much of D and almost the entire O. Bell won't go pro. Mora didn't play a single snap of that offensive gashing.

I just can't be thrilled for next season because of how I've watched this defense perform and now we are losing a ton of experience. I wish with this easy schedule we could make a strong one and bring back some pride, but I just don't see it. 9-4

Take a look at our 2013 schedule and tell me where the hell we lose 3 or 4 games next season. 1, I think the defense will be improved. B, I think the offense will be even better and more consistent next year. III, the strength of our schedule next year is dog crap. We have a tough game in Ann Arbor against Michigan, and 2 tough games at home against UCLA and Northwestern. The rest of the games shouldn't even be close if we play decent whatsoever.

Going to Penn State won't be a cakewalk. MSU with improved skill players, many defensive players (although, probably not Gholston) should be formidable. UCLA and Michigan as mentioned.

Penn State loses most of their good defensive players plus McGloin. MSU will probably have a good defense again but will lose some good players as well plus Bell who is their only offense. Michigan, UCLA, and NW will be tough games. I fail to see any others that our probability to win is less than 70%.

I agree that the rest are almost sure-wins, but there are 5 games that have the potential. I don't think we lose more than 3 of them, but the potential is there.

Penn State loses most of their good defensive players plus McGloin. MSU will probably have a good defense again but will lose some good players as well plus Bell who is their only offense. Michigan, UCLA, and NW will be tough games. I fail to see any others that our probability to win is less than 70%.

I agree that the rest are almost sure-wins, but there are 5 games that have the potential. I don't think we lose more than 3 of them, but the potential is there.

I think we would have to be pretty bad next year to lose more than 2.

Penn St. just might be looking for a new coach too. Next year, the nitties start feeling the pain of the sanctions. Regardless of the feel good stories published about their best recruits sticking to em, come signing day or close to it, minds are gonna start changing once the reality of what theyre getting into sets in. I expect more transfers this year too.

i love the optimism of some of you guys predicting a 11-1 season or even 12-0 when this defense could have a hand full of guys starting you havent seen play since their high school highlight tapes, why would you get your hopes up so high? just say we'll go 9-3 or 10-2 like every regular season and if we do go 11-1 or 12-0 you'll be even that more suprised and happy

That could be a problem.

Penn St. just might be looking for a new coach too. Next year, the nitties start feeling the pain of the sanctions. Regardless of the feel good stories published about their best recruits sticking to em, come signing day or close to it, minds are gonna start changing once the reality of what theyre getting into sets in. I expect more transfers this year too.

That is unless the State of Pennsylvania's lawsuit against the NCAA has any teeth. PSU claims to have no part in this, but it smells like a recruiting pitch to me. "Don't worry about coming to Penn St...we really think that the sanctions will be reduced or even thrown out!" That said....

my contributions to the predictions...

Call #1 - Offense opens up even more with depth at QB, I feel as though we have been protective of Martinez the last 2 years because we didn't trust the back-up. With Armstrong and Stanton on campus, Beck completely opens up the offense & we see some great play.

Call #2 - Opened up offense helps O-Line dramatically. With the ability to strike in every facet of the spread offense, the O-Line will have a better "push."

Call #3 - Young D-Line doesn't live up to all of the promise we hope they will. This will be the weakest part of the team.

Call #4 - The back-7 of the D will play significantly better with an upgrade in speed. Blow-outs won't happen, but due to youth throughout the defense I foresee some 31-27 games.

Call #5 - A great season by the Huskers, one that really messes with the head of Husker fans. A slow but steady progression on defense leads to the NW, Mich, MSU, & PSU stretch, something tells me that they will get through this unscathed.

Final Call - 12-2. Undefeated into the B1G CCG, OSU has too much talent, close game. Same with a BCS appearance v. an SEC team or Florida State.

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--W (close, but we're playing much better at home lately!)

SDSU--W

Illinois--W (people will be upset though we didn't win by 30)

@ Purdue--W (first road test...close through 3, pull away in 4th)

@ Minnesota--W (much too tough for a fan's liking...people will begin to get nervous)

Northwestern--W (defense will look a touch shaky, but see above comment about home)

@ Michigan--W (following shaky outings, everyone will be off the bandwagon. Our defense will keep it close in a negative way...in the end, I just don't believe in Hoke.)

Michigan State--W (everyone back on bandwagon, game turns into slugfest...way too close, toss-up)

@ Penn State--W (another close one, toss-up)

Iowa--W (Iowa is looking for a new coach)

BIG CCG - Likely OSU, but don't sleep on WISC - L (heartbreak, crying in beer, idiot Pelini hack-tivists puff up)

BCS Game (Calling Sugar Bowl v. Bama) - L (close game throughout, defense just a touch too young)

• Fire 2

Me too! I may have gotten into the Kool-Aid again, but I just don't believe that Pelini has missed the recruiting boat that badly. It's gonna be a long off-season. When is/will there be the Spring Game?!?!

Wouldnt it be the sh#ts if the spring game got cancelled again? hahaha.

Living in the waste-land that is Fargo, ND I am planning on trying to get down to see it. If it gets cancelled again I will be very sad Panda. That said, it is entertaining watching everyone gush over Craig Bohl.

How do you come up with the defense being better? It has gotten worse three years in a row. That is a trend, and we are trending down. You really have to assume that at best it will be stagnate, but odds are it gets a bit worse.

As to potential losses.

UCLA - they beat us this season. Yep, they got run by Baylor, and we would have also.

Minn - This team is more dangerous than some people want to think. Its on the road, and we have tended to have issues with road trips. Its one of those games where if the huskers turn the ball over several times, they could lose.

NW - Beat us last year, and damned near had us this year.

Mich - I expect to lose this one. And it could be bad again.

PSU - Depends on if O'brien is back, or if he leaves and a mass exodus of players follow. (They still have this offseason to transfer without penalty.

B1G title game vs OSU - In the event we somehow get this far, which I doubt, I think NW gets it. We get the doors blown off. Meyer stops scoring when he wants to.