Predict the 2013 season

KJ.

10-2.. More managable schedule, T-Mart as a senior, the Butcher and K Bell with another year of expirience under their belts. My concerns are the O line and the Defense. O line needs to be more sound, and the D needs to tackle better...

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--W

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--W

@ Michigan--L

Michigan State--W

@ Penn State--L

Iowa--W

Hopefully a CCG bid and a shot at a BCS bowl...

I honestly need some help from you guys on why we lose to michigan. After Denard went out they were ours, i expect the same this year reguardless where its played.

Because:

A. it will be a meaningful game and our track record in those kinds of games is terrible.

&

B. Because it's a meaningful road game (see above)

If NEB loses....it's one word sir:

Gardner

Very pointless to guess considering the 8 spots we must fill on defense but here is what I feel if we can get the D to play to at the very least as good as they did this year.

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA-- L

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--L

@ Michigan--L

Michigan State--W

@ Penn State--W

Iowa--W

Michigan captures the league and plays Ohio State 2 times in 2 weeks

Michigan loses 11/30

Upsets OSU 11/07 to keep them out of the national title.

Mich to Rose

OSU to Cap One

Neb/Nwestern to Outback

IMO IMO IMO IMO

Hedley Lamarr- 0-12 all by 40 points or more :sarcasm

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--L

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--L

@ Michigan--L

Michigan State--L

@ Penn State--W

Iowa--W

I am gonna go with 8-4, 2015 appears to be the year to look out for in regards to our young talent. We will suffer many growing pains defensively next season.

Hedley Lamarr- 0-12 all by 40 points or more :sarcasm

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--L

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--L

@ Michigan--L

Michigan State--L

@ Penn State--W

Iowa--W

I am gonna go with 8-4, 2015 appears to be the year to look out for in regards to our young talent. We will suffer many growing pains defensively next season.

I kept waitng for your pick lol

And for everybody else I'll say 5-7 IF WE'RE LUCKY!! Then go crazy and bi*ch up a storm when/IF we do better because it's still not good enough.

Soft schedule, so I'd be awfully surprised if we don't crack ten wins, and eleven is definitely feasible.

A lot of it depends on how well the young kids play on defense. I'm still just amazed at how much discussion about this year ends up on Martinez and the offense in general.

The defense was clearly our first, second, and last problem in 2012. I already think Santos is better than Fischer or Whaley. If Afalava or Brown or Rose, one of those guys, can step in an cause the havoc that Fisher and Whaley were incapable of unleashing, we might see some improvements on that side of the ball.

But, as always, it all starts with the line, and we all know the situation there. Can McMullen come in as a rFR and get in the backfield? Ankrah is serviceable in the run game, but that's about it. He and Rome were two recruits I was wild about when they signed, but thus far, if we're being honest, they haven't been game changing players thus far by any stretch of the imagination. Our line needs to improve dramatically. I've heard good things about Curry and Valentine, and we signed that big juco kid (name eludes me but there is a real chance he might even break the starting lineup.) The problem with that position, when it comes to guys like Valentine and Curry, is that it's pretty rare for those guys to hit their potential until they hit 20, 21, when they've fully matured.

So with that logic, maybe Rome is a different player next year. I sure as hell hope so, because our front four did very little in the way of blowing up plays, disrupting offensive cohesiveness. I know about the "amoeba" strategy and all that, but I sure remember guys shredding O-lines and just eviscerating people behind the line in '09. You can't tell me our plan is to have our D-linemen get stood up and held in place while the offense has enough time to screen the movie Ghandi while going through progressions. Young LBs can come in and make an immediate impact. The line is traditionally the domain of the upper classmen, and we ain't got seasoned vets who've shown they can take a game over. So someone needs to step up, and maybe we'll get lucky through the juco route again and find a bonafide hellion in the middle of the line who will create some consistent breakdowns in play development by pushing guys into the backfield. (Gregory. That's the kid I'm thinking of.)

It's possible. We really could see an influx of new blood that gives the D some teeth. The secondary has a glut of guys that can hold down their end. The front seven need to do their part for us to make the next step. Hinges on the line. I think we've stocked the LB position over the last two years with some legit play makers. Compton was kind of a one man army last year, and before that, he was dinged and Lavonte was basically the only guy roaming the middle with any gunpowder. If we can have some edge guys with some speed and a little violence to their game, we might look a whole lot better. Fischer will be a hell of a Dr. and he's a great kid. But we need a serious upgrade over what he brought to the field. Whaley too. Kid played as hard as he could, but he just didn't have the wheels. Seems like we've really upgraded there. So...line? Make us doubters look like idiots and do...pretty much the opposite of what we did the last two years. (Minus Martin.)

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--W

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--W

@ Michigan--W/L

Michigan State--W

@ Penn State--W

Iowa--W

I honestly believe if we can play solid football there isn't a reason why we don't go into the B1G CCG undefeated playing for a trip to the MNC game. Michigan is going to be our toughest game. I don't think we let UCLA surprise us again.

• Fire 1

For the realists out there that realize we will not have a running game and defensive coordinators will adjust for Martinez' shortcomings. And don't forget for a D that will take suckage to another level...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM

Pessimism, by the way, is not synonymous with realism. ;)

EDIT: "and defensive coordinators will adjust for Martinez' shortcomings."

The kid was a first team all conference player. Like it or not, he's a good CFB quarterback. Sorry.

I honestly believe if we can play solid football there isn't a reason why we don't go into the B1G CCG undefeated playing for a trip to the MNC game. Michigan is going to be our toughest game. I don't think we let UCLA surprise us again.

When is the last time you saw Nebraska play FOUR solid quarters? Let alone 12 games?

On paper yes, we could win it all. In reality.... we lose to UCLA, MICH and NW/PSU. If by some luck we did make to the CCG, OSU will kill us. Lastly, with how the B1G bowls are setup we will be ranked 20-25ish and be playing a top 10 SEC team again, next year. So 4-5 loses sounds likely.

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--W

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--W

@ Michigan--L

Michigan State--L

@ Penn State--L

Iowa--W

9-3 with Outback Bowl bid. Optimistic me says 11-1 then beat a favored Ohio State in Bo's best four-quarter performance.

Did someone suggest we won't have a running game? That's outrageous. I predict our offense will be excellent. One of the best QBs in the nation, stacked RB and WR corps, solid offensive line (depth is a mystery), TE is a question mark but there's enough elsewhere to more than make up for it.

The defense is a huge mystery. It's hard to imagine it could get much worse.

Kicking game is also a huge mystery. Maher really struggled the first half of the season, but seemed almost automatic in the second half. His punting got, well, somewhat better. I'd like to see two guys splitting the duties next season, but if one guy can get it done; so be it.

A lot of people are mentioning who we lose on our awful defense. You do know other teams lose players too?

Are we going to lose to Penn State? Lost best players on both sides of the ball. They don't even know who their QB will be. Sophomore with no experience, a transfer, or a freshman who can't practice until August?

Lose to Michigan State at home? Their awful offense just lost RB La'Veon Bell and TE Dion Sims, the two biggest problems we had. Their defense lost their most gifted player, Gholston.

A lot of people are mentioning who we lose on our awful defense. You do know other teams lose players too?

Are we going to lose to Penn State? Lost best players on both sides of the ball. They don't even know who their QB will be. Sophomore with no experience, a transfer, or a freshman who can't practice until August?

Lose to Michigan State at home? Their awful offense just lost RB La'Veon Bell and TE Dion Sims, the two biggest problems we had. Their defense lost their most gifted player, Gholston.

Gholston declared too?