Jerry Jones proclaims big changes

HANC

Only because I despise Dallas, I am interested in what Jerry has up his sleeve. He has already said Garrett was staying (and lost Sean Peyton because of it)...... no way does he get rid of Ryan as DC...

Is it possible that he would part ways with franchise (choke artist) Romo? Romo's contract is through 2013. Maybe our buddy BC will be gone as OL coach....but would that qualify as a "big change"...

Any insights on how Jerry expects to make "America's laughing stock...uhmm team" realevant again?

Get rid of Romo, sure. But who do you get? Seriously. As a Chiefs fan, I know damn well both the draft and free agency/trade market qb's right now is, well, non-existant.

You don't. You deal with having a golf pro that is a part-time QB for the next year or two until you can pick a kid up in the draft and groom them.

Perhaps if Jerry would have done this instead of wasting his first-round picks (with one or two exceptions in the past 15 years or so), then they could build a new QB to take over for when (not if) Romo chokes.

But as said above, nothing meaningful will change as long as the Cowboys have Jerry as a GM or an owner.

Get rid of Romo, sure. But who do you get? Seriously. As a Chiefs fan, I know damn well both the draft and free agency/trade market qb's right now is, well, non-existant.

You don't. You deal with having a golf pro that is a part-time QB for the next year or two until you can pick a kid up in the draft and groom them.

Perhaps if Jerry would have done this instead of wasting his first-round picks (with one or two exceptions in the past 15 years or so), then they could build a new QB to take over for when (not if) Romo chokes.

But as said above, nothing meaningful will change as long as the Cowboys have Jerry as a GM or an owner.

ive wanted to get rid of Romo for 2 years now! But unless you had the number 1 or 2 pick last year, name which QB drafted the last 2-3 years is worth a sh#t? Or at least better than Romo. McCoy? Bradford? Tannehill? Freeman? Gabbert?

Imagine if Dallas traded Romo and draft picks with Cleveland last year( Dallas-8 or 9 for CLE- 2) and drafted RG3!

I've never really considered Romo the problem. Put him behind a decent offensive line and give him a running game, he would probably throw less picks because he wouldn't be asked to do everything. The only time he had that was in 2007. There's only about 4 QBs in the league that have carried their team like that and have won a Super Bowl (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers). He's certainly not as good as those guys, but he's as good or better than any other QB in the league right now.

It's really not a bad team, I don't think drastic changes are necessary. All 4 starting linebackers were hurt and they were down to their 3rd string nose guard, who I'm pretty sure was actually a 2nd string defensive end.

If they had Ratliff/Brent/Ware/Lee/Carter/Spencer all available and 100%, I don't think the Redskins run wild like that.

The only drastic changes should be on the offensive line, starting with Callahan.

• Fire 1

I've never really considered Romo the problem. Put him behind a decent offensive line and give him a running game, he would probably throw less picks because he wouldn't be asked to do everything. The only time he had that was in 2007. There's only about 4 QBs in the league that have carried their team like that and have won a Super Bowl (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers). He's certainly not as good as those guys, but he's as good or better than any other QB in the league right now.

It's really not a bad team, I don't think drastic changes are necessary. All 4 starting linebackers were hurt and they were down to their 3rd string nose guard, who I'm pretty sure was actually a 2nd string defensive end.

If they had Ratliff/Brent/Ware/Lee/Carter/Spencer all available and 100%, I don't think the Redskins run wild like that.

The only drastic changes should be on the offensive line, starting with Callahan.

Face it when he plays the better teams he does poorly. he's an interception throwing machine. He just can't get it done. 2007 they went 13-3 and had home field advantage and 1 game away from the Super Bowl and lost.

Face it when he plays the better teams he does poorly. he's an interception throwing machine. He just can't get it done. 2007 they went 13-3 and had home field advantage and 1 game away from the Super Bowl and lost.

And a Patrick Crayton drop was the biggest reason they lost that game. Tony played great.

He just seems to suck on Sunday Night Football. :lol:

He's far from the biggest problem the Cowboys have right now. But it wouldn't surprise me if he's the sacrificial lamb.

He just seems to suck on Sunday Night Football. :lol:

That's because that's when the most people are watching to notice how bad he sucks. And I lol'ed at this:

(Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers). He's certainly not as good as those guys, but he's as good or better than any other QB in the league right now.