TMart....Why do you say things like this Man ??

Comish

At least he plays with pride. Doesn't take crap off anyone on the field and defends the league. A polished, political speaker? No. But speaks his mind? Absolutely. I have no issues with that. I wish other Huskers felt the same way. Maybe we wouldn't have given up roughly 600+ yrds per game in our losses or an average of 50+ points in those.

If we had won, the comments wouldn't have been an issue. We were winning against the big, bad SEC with a back up center, 2 other OL walk ons, a DE moved to DT, on DL with a bum leg and one with a broken hand, not to mention LB's who have had issues all year covering in space. Not to mention, until the fumble we pretty much imposing our will with the uptempo O.

NU showed pride and progress IMO in that game.

• Fire 6

At least he plays with pride. Doesn't take crap off anyone on the field and defends the league. A polished, political speaker? No. But speaks his mind? Absolutely. I have no issues with that. I wish other Huskers felt the same way. Maybe we wouldn't have given up roughly 600+ yrds per game in our losses or an average of 50+ points in those.

If we had won, the comments wouldn't have been an issue. We were winning against the big, bad SEC with a back up center, 2 other OL walk ons, a DE moved to DT, on DL with a bum leg and one with a broken hand, not to mention LB's who have had issues all year covering in space. Not to mention, until the fumble we pretty much imposing our will with the uptempo O.

NU showed pride and progress IMO in that game.

Agree with you on all of this. Especially the fact that he is NOT worried about being politically correct.

But it does give the national haters who either don't know or (more likely) don't care about our injury/depth problems) fresh ammunition to hurl at him and the program for several more news cycles........

But it does give the national haters who either don't know or (more likely) don't care about our injury/depth problems) fresh ammunition to hurl at him and the program for several more news cycles........

If you could put all the time I've spent worrying about things like this into a bucket... you wouldn't need a very big bucket.

Seriously - we're afraid of what the country thinks of us because our quarterback said our conference has talent? After we were within one quarter of beating a team that should have played for a national title, and Michigan nearly upsets South Carolina, and Wisconsin plays within a field goal of Stanford? I think we have reason to hold our heads up this bowl season. The Big Ten wasn't outclassed, and statements like Taylor's should be a source of pride.

When did we start giving a damn what NBC Sports thinks, anyway?

Let's not forget - the Big Ten's best team was sitting at home this year. Every other team played up at least one spot in a bowl game, and played well against superior opponents. Those who ranked below Penn State played up two spots. We were underdogs in every single bowl game because of OSU's and PSU's suspensions. And still we didn't roll over and die.

I hope Taylor keeps that attitude. I really hope the team finds the pride to make it stand up.

• Fire 4

Against the Big Ten defenses:

• Passing: 58.7% for 200.3 yards and 1.33 TD per game.
  • Rushing: 226.4 yards and 2 TD per game.

Against SEC defense:

• Passing: 59.2% for 204 yards and 2 TD.
  • Rushing: 239 yards and 1 TD.

Sounds like Taylor is telling the truth.

• Fire 1

If you could put all the time I've spent worrying about things like this into a bucket... you wouldn't need a very big bucket.

Seriously - we're afraid of what the country thinks of us because our quarterback said our conference has talent? After we were within one quarter of beating a team that should have played for a national title, and Michigan nearly upsets South Carolina, and Wisconsin plays within a field goal of Stanford? I think we have reason to hold our heads up this bowl season. The Big Ten wasn't outclassed, and statements like Taylor's should be a source of pride.

Let's not forget - the Big Ten's best team was sitting at home this year. Every other team played up at least one spot in a bowl game, and played well against superior opponents. Those who ranked below Penn State played up two spots. We were underdogs in every single bowl game because of OSU's and PSU's suspensions. And still we didn't roll over and die.

I hope Taylor keeps that attitude. I really hope the team finds the pride to make it stand up.

+1 ...and look whats happening to Florida.

Now someone go ahead and tell me they dont want to be there.

You are reading way too much into this. I've said I liked his attitude and I don't invest much energy on the national perception. It just gets old hearing the wrong perceptions continually prevail.

You are reading way too much into this. I've said I liked his attitude and I don't invest much energy on the national perception. It just gets old hearing the wrong perceptions continually prevail.

You're probably right. I'm sure you're not making as big of a deal of that as my response warranted. Please take that as a general response to all the kerfluffle over Taylor's comments and not directed pointedly at you. Sorry about that.

I love his confidence and attitude....it can be contagious...If anyone read in the omaha paper what Ameer said...He was basically saying the same thing....

I really liked the fact that during the game, Tmart wasn't afraid of anyone and even got in the face of a Georgia player and didn't back down...love that attitude....He is a fighter....

Screw national Media perception...they hate NU anyway and anything Taylor would say isn't going to change that !