How do you feel about the different Bowl Match-Ups for Nebraska since being the B1G?

Since you now have been in for 2-years in the B1G. How do you feel that a lot of match-ups for the B1G will be against several SEC schools in the Bowls games? Is there a big difference between bowls match-ups from when you were in the Big XII?

Additionally, I love reading the posts from everyone on here...it is like you have always been a member of the B1G. Most of the posters are very knowledgeable about the conference and the teams and are forming new rivalries. The addition of Nebraska, was just something that I will never forget.

:horns

I think the bowl destinations are better overall.

Since you now have been in for 2-years in the B1G. How do you feel that a lot of match-ups for the B1G will be against several SEC schools in the Bowls games? Is there a big difference between bowls match-ups from when you were in the Big XII?

Additionally, I love reading the posts from everyone on here...it is like you have always been a member of the B1G. Most of the posters are very knowledgeable about the conference and the teams and are forming new rivalries. The addition of Nebraska, was just something that I will never forget.

:horns

Love your posts Woody. Its sort of strange how one or two people can change a persons perception of an entire fanbase. BTW, that is a compliment to you.

Personally, I have seen no downside to our B1G move. Love the new teams, venues, rivalries, and bowl sites and SEC bowl opponents. Only thing I miss about our old conference is the annual rivalry with Oklahoma which actually was ruined by the Big 12 prior to our switch. Also, in a demented sort of way, I miss the asshats of CU and KSU. Actually I guess I miss the big eight. Texas and any other SW conference outcast can kiss my ass.

I'd love to have ACC officials do all of our games. Watching the Oregon/KState game last night I was amazed at the difference of officiating styles between conferences. Klein was hit out of bounds a couple times, took a helmet to helmet shot plus a forearm shiver and no penalties. Even saw hits by DB's from both teams to break up passes that were consistent with the penalties we were getting called on throughout the year, but drew no flags last night.

My only complaint stems back to bowl locations. Yes, I realize it is a "vacation" but it is unfair.

Alternate every other year and move the "Rose Bowl" to Chicago. Wisconsin shouldn't have to travel 2,000 miles and two time zones while Stanford takes a nice scenic three hour drive.

Put something in Kansas City or Indianapolis with the SEC. Nebraska shouldn't have to play Georgia/USC in Orlando every year. (Or Clemson in Jacksonville like in 2008).

I realize this will never happen, but it needs to be taken into perspective when talking about the B1G bowl records.

I think Bowl games should be in a neutral territory for each team. The SEC is favored with the location of the Capital One, Sugar and a few other bowls. Pac 12 is favored with the Rose Bowl. Switch them up and have the SEC come to the Rose Bowl :) Now thats neutral.

Sooooooooooo what I just said?

Just kidding with ya. :D

Good bowl locations and better bowl competition. NU needs to win these to get to the next level. So it is a good measuring stick. I do agree wt the earlier posters that the Rose bowl is to the Pac 12 what the Orange Bowl was to FSU & Miami when we had to play in their back yard each year. Decided disadvantage for the Big 10.

I think Bowl games should be in a neutral territory for each team. The SEC is favored with the location of the Capital One, Sugar and a few other bowls. Pac 12 is favored with the Rose Bowl. Switch them up and have the SEC come to the Rose Bowl :) Now thats neutral.

Sooooooooooo what I just said?

Just kidding with ya. :D

Lol yes, basically. I said it earlier too, but felt like explaining myself once again :)

I generally like the Cap One bowl (even though we've lost twice) and even the Holiday Bowl---the two B1G bowls we've attended. But one problem with the Cap One bowl is that it's practically a home game for most SEC teams, while the B1G team will always need to travel a considerable distance. But I guess it's like that for a lot of bowls. It's going to be played in the backyard of one or the other team.

B1G needs to get a better bowl than the Heart of Dallas bowl in Texas. Also would be nice to not have 4 teams playing at the same time on NYD. Over all I am liking playing the SEC.

I almost posted that about moving the Dallas bowl to California and then I changed my mind because it might help recruiting. Beck has a lot of ties there.