SIGNED DT Kevin Maurice

Amac3309

Ben Bradley was a 5.5 the lowest 3 star u can be. He had offers from west Virginia, NC state, and UCF. But we are dying to get him on board. Give this kid a chance. He spent most his high school career at o line and has a lot of potential as a d tackle.

True, he really didnt play DT until his senior year. Word is he is a hard worker and very coachable.

That's what I like to hear.

“[Papuchis] said he doesn’t know how I slipped through the cracks,” Maurice said. “They felt like they found a diamond in the rough with me. They think I’ll fit in their system. They’re not looking for big guys that’ll fill holes, they need someone who has juice.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/varsity/os-hs-freedom-dl-kevin-maurice-commits-to-nebraska-20130104,0,2453974.post

Ben Bradley was a 5.5 the lowest 3 star u can be. He had offers from west Virginia, NC state, and UCF. But we are dying to get him on board. Give this kid a chance. He spent most his high school career at o line and has a lot of potential as a d tackle.

I don't get too worried about rivals rating system. Most of those guys don't know how to evaluate talent anymore and bases there stars on what offers a kid has. One of the guys who actually started the rivals board (and is no longer there) talks pretty frequently about how in 2002-2003 they would bump a kid up once Nebraska offered to make the class higher. He also stated that was part of the reason he's not there. That and the fact that if a players family contributed to the site financially it often helped the kid rate higher. These boards are now more about money, opportunity and marketing themselves than actually having a staff that can watch film and see if a kid has correct technique, if he's just being more athletic than the guy across from him, if he's actually reading and reacting etc etc. From what ive been told by him, Rivals is actually the worst about manipulating things based on the what a college coach will tell them, the offers a kid has and the money from the family.
  • Fire 1

“[Papuchis] said he doesn’t know how I slipped through the cracks,” Maurice said. “They felt like they found a diamond in the rough with me. They think I’ll fit in their system. They’re not looking for big guys that’ll fill holes, they need someone who has juice.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/varsity/os-hs-freedom-dl-kevin-maurice-commits-to-nebraska-20130104,0,2453974.post

For someone more hip than me what does "someone who has juice" mean?

"[Papuchis] said he doesn't know how I slipped through the cracks," Maurice said. "They felt like they found a diamond in the rough with me. They think I'll fit in their system. They're not looking for big guys that'll fill holes, they need someone who has juice."

http://www.orlandose...,0,2453974.post

I thought you didn't go hunting for other people to criticize. I'm not going there with you.

Keep this thread about Kevin Maurice.

I don't get too worried about rivals rating system. Most of those guys don't know how to evaluate talent anymore and bases there stars on what offers a kid has. One of the guys who actually started the rivals board (and is no longer there) talks pretty frequently about how in 2002-2003 they would bump a kid up once Nebraska offered to make the class higher. He also stated that was part of the reason he's not there. That and the fact that if a players family contributed to the site financially it often helped the kid rate higher. These boards are now more about money, opportunity and marketing themselves than actually having a staff that can watch film and see if a kid has correct technique, if he's just being more athletic than the guy across from him, if he's actually reading and reacting etc etc. From what ive been told by him, Rivals is actually the worst about manipulating things based on the what a college coach will tell them, the offers a kid has and the money from the family.

+1 Wow, I did not know that. Always thought rivals was one of the top recruiting websites

+1 Wow, I did not know that. Always thought rivals was one of the top recruiting websites

Rankings of the recruits are so subjective and can vary greatly from one service to another. For example, a recruit on one service can be ranked #30 for their position and the next service could rank them #50. Just the way it is. Take a look at the senior highlight film of Johnny Manziel and you will see he was clearly underrated as he does exactly what he did in high school at Texas A and M, but at a higher level. Texas A and M did a great job of evaluating him.....they just needed to work out some issues when he arrived to their campus.

He sure looks really good on film... looks quick, very strong, sheds blocks well and is really quick laterally (over a short distance) to close in on a runner. Looks quite good to me against what I'd think is good caliber HS competition. He has good stats and well... looks like a good addition.

Welcome, Kevin.

"[Papuchis] said he doesn't know how I slipped through the cracks," Maurice said. "They felt like they found a diamond in the rough with me. They think I'll fit in their system. They're not looking for big guys that'll fill holes, they need someone who has juice."

I thought you didn't go hunting for other people to criticize. I'm not going there with you.

Ummm Kevin Maurice said that per your post? Curious as to what it means? Is it referring to his motor? Quickness? Strength?

Ummm Kevin Maurice said that per your post? Curious as to what it means? Is it referring to his motor? Quickness? Strength?

That's what I'd guess.

Nice read on the kid. If he brings a good work ethic it sounds like a nice find.

Actually Kevin's family owns an orange grove. The athletic department will save a ton of money by not having to buy oj for the players. His scholarship was predicated on the fact that he bring the juice.

• Fire 4