Good things are already happening to our guys!

Very rarely does a kicker get drafted. To me, Maher had his great moments in his career, but he was really inconsistent this season, both punting and kicking.

Brett got married this last year! ;) Alex Henery got drafted. Chris Brown got drafted. Josh Brown got drafted. Actually about 10 kickers per year get drafted to the NFL so your statement is incorrect. However, many more get 'try outs' than get drafted so maybe you're thinking of that aspect? Compared to the amount of kickers that get a 'try out' it would appear that kickers 'rarely' get drafted. Is that what you're thinking?

Actually about 10 kickers per year get drafted to the NFL so your statement is incorrect. However, many more get 'try outs' than get drafted so maybe you're thinking of that aspect? Compared to the amount of kickers that get a 'try out' it would appear that kickers 'rarely' get drafted. Is that what you're thinking?

I think it's probably more like two or three kickers per year, but maybe I'm wrong...and typically, it doesn't start until the later rounds. Alex in round 4 was a pretty early kicker.

i think ben cotton might surprise a few people, not the best athlete but good hands and a great blocker if he could find a team that has a power running game he could make a roster

i think ben cotton might surprise a few people, not the best athlete but good hands and a great blocker if he could find a team that has a power running game he could make a roster

I agree.

Very rarely does a kicker get drafted. To me, Maher had his great moments in his career, but he was really inconsistent this season, both punting and kicking.

Brett got married this last year! ;) Alex Henery got drafted. Chris Brown got drafted. Josh Brown got drafted. Actually about 10 kickers per year get drafted to the NFL so your statement is incorrect. However, many more get 'try outs' than get drafted so maybe you're thinking of that aspect? Compared to the amount of kickers that get a 'try out' it would appear that kickers 'rarely' get drafted. Is that what you're thinking?

10 kickers a year do not get drafted alex henery was the only kicker drafted that year as well

I cannot see New England taking Burkhead, with Ridley, Vereen, and Woodhead already in the fold and not enough carries to go around.

I could see Reed catching on as an athletic H-back style tight end, because the NFL loves exploiting defenses with TEs now -- the NE model. I'm less sure about Cotton, who was solid as hell for us, but a lot of those kinds of guys don't seem to catch on in the league, while less productive but athletically gifted ones are often found places.