Only 4 Teams With 9+ Wins Each Season Since 2008

Personally, I think Georgia is kind of overrated based on their schedule. They played about 3 tough games this year - including Alabama, and went 1-2 in those games. Which is why I find it curious people are excited about playing them so close for 3 quarters. Hell, Kentucky put up more of a fight against them than we did.

And we're not anywhere near Oregon. They took one of the best teams in the nation to overtime, and that was their only loss. Otherwise they basically just toyed with teams all season. They would have toyed with us, and they toyed with Kansas State, who would also likely toy with us.

To compare us to Oregon right now is laughable.

• Fire 1

Personally, I think Georgia is kind of overrated based on their schedule. They played about 3 tough games this year - including Alabama, and went 1-2 in those games. Which is why I find it curious people are excited about playing them so close for 3 quarters. Hell, Kentucky put up more of a fight against them than we did.

And we're not anywhere near Oregon. They took one of the best teams in the nation to overtime, and that was their only loss. Otherwise they basically just toyed with teams all season. They would have toyed with us, and they toyed with Kansas State, who would also likely toy with us.

KState would not have toyed with us. They are an athletically inferior team.

Maybe, but I don't find it hard to believe Klein would have made a mockery of our defense.

A wallowing party. Holy crap.

Look at the SOS, and tell me we didn't play a tough schedule

And we lost to the best teams on it. Pelini has massive issues beating teams with equal or better talent.

I would assume EVERY coach has issues beating teams with better talent. They have better talent, hence they are better, hence, oh to hell with it. It's a waste of time.

So even though we are sucky and and got lucky, we still won at least 9 games AGAIN?

if its so easy how come the list doesn't have 8 teams. Hell, 12-15 teams should be on it, cuz of how easy it is.

Think about it, tOSU vastly out-recruits us. They aren't on the list. In fact we're 1-1 against them.

USC was a dynasty less than 10 yrs ago and they haven't done it. OU has consistency in coaching and regularly plays in BCS games and they haven't done it. The "hot-beds" of talent around LSU, FSU, FL, Clemson, and UCLA and none of them have done it. Former perennial top 25 teams VT, Miami, Stanford, Michigan, Kstate aren't on it.

Would you rather have 1 conference title in 5 yrs while going 7-5 or 5-7 two of those others years, or have consistently won at least 9 games (actually 10games 3 times) and played for the conference championship 3 times?

I hate--HATE--the penalties and turnovers. Hate them. I wallow in blow out losses. I'm frustrated and befuddled at lack of effort and whatnot. But we are 1 of 4 teams on a list of teams that WIN games. Get over yourselves. Over time, if Bo stays for 15-20 more years and never wins less than 9 we'll look at it like we look at osbornes list of 9 win seasons. As a WHOLE of the sum. I impressed being on the list.

• Fire 3

I really wish we would quit with this comparison. The others have won something, anything and are far above us. It is embarassing to so proud of this. Great we won 9 games, have we won anything that means anything. We need to set our goals higher than being one of four to win 9 games since. Not a single person in the country cares but us.

Sorry to be a dick about it, but we continue to lower what is acceptable. Throw in a conference championship and it sounds good, but throw in a few blow outs, embarassing losses on the National scene and it really means little.

Glad we won the games, but would much prefere we win some that were not supposed to. That would be a step up.

Everyone knows all this - but the statistic still has merit. Why? Because how many other teams have done what we've done? How many? Oh, only three? And they're all perennial BCS and Championship contenders or winners?

Well, we aren't, but we're in the same company, which means we are, at the very least, close.

That pretty much just means that we have played an easy schedule. The lack of trophies menas that we get exposed when we do play a good team. Esp with the way we have lost the last two years in those games. If we were to play those other three teams, we would prob beat Boise, but Oregon and Alabama would name thier score against us.

We would lose to Boise 8 most years (over the past 8). Boise State and NU are polar opposites... Boise plays hard every play, every player regardless of score; NU does not... Boise plays with fantastic focus, great fundamentals, and they play smart; NU does none of these things... Boise wins most halftime adjustments and has excellent game plans; NU does not... Boise gets 100% of the possible performance from their talent; NU does not. Sure, the Huskers have more talent than Boise State (by a sizable amount)... but BSU range year in and year out (last 8 years) somewhere between a slightly better team than NU to a vastly superior football team. I'd say if that if BSU played NU each of the past 8 years or so NU would be about 2-6 or so against them... and if I am really, really generous, perhaps 3-5 or 4-4 against them). So no... NU is quite a bit behind BSU (these past 8 years)... historically, of course, NU is the vastly superior program... but that was then, this is now.

The merits of Boise State's success have been debated everywhere but it is so hard to compare what they have done in the WAC to teams from more competitive conferences. Yes, they play with great focus and fundamentals, but this has as much to do with their talent level compared to their inferior opponents week after week. They are able to gear up for TWO games each year. Their first quality opponent comes in the first week of the season giving them the entire offseason to prepare. Their second quality opponent comes in in a bowl game giving them a month to prepare. Give Chris Pedersen credit for getting his guys ready to play and game planning for those opponents, but the grind from week to week in a major conference takes its toll. In my opinion, this makes what Alabama has done that more impressive.

I really wish we would quit with this comparison. The others have won something, anything and are far above us. It is embarassing to so proud of this. Great we won 9 games, have we won anything that means anything. We need to set our goals higher than being one of four to win 9 games since. Not a single person in the country cares but us.

Sorry to be a dick about it, but we continue to lower what is acceptable. Throw in a conference championship and it sounds good, but throw in a few blow outs, embarassing losses on the National scene and it really means little.

Glad we won the games, but would much prefere we win some that were not supposed to. That would be a step up.

You're a koolaid drinker. You just drink the koolaid of all your Cali buddies

Over time, if Bo stays for 15-20 more years and never wins less than 9 we'll look at it like we look at osbornes list of 9 win seasons. As a WHOLE of the sum. I impressed being on the list.

I don't think there's much chance he'll be here that long if he doesn't win something significant. And it would be nothing like T.O.'s 9 win seasons, with conference titles sprinkled in there.

Winning 9 games is great and all, but it's like being excited about not losing to Georgia as bad as we lost to Wisconsin.

It's a moral victory. We need to start winning championships at some point. And no, division titles don't count. Unless you're Missouri.

• Fire 1

Maybe, but I don't find it hard to believe Klein would have made a mockery of our defense.

I was really never impressed with Klein. I truely believe that the kid from IWCC KState just signed is an immediate upgrade.

I wonder sometimes if members of this board hope that we lose so they have something to complain about. Look at this team and all they accomplished this year. Sure they had some VERY rough spots but 10 and 9 win seasons consecutively as we have had is nice. Do I want national championships and mid 90s runs hell yeah. Do I think we will achieve them on a consistent basis absolutely not. This is the state of College football. We have a team to be proud of support them. And for the love of god ,and my sanity, no more huge blow outs ever that sucks

We would lose to Boise 8 most years (over the past 8). Boise State and NU are polar opposites... Boise plays hard every play, every player regardless of score; NU does not... Boise plays with fantastic focus, great fundamentals, and they play smart; NU does none of these things... Boise wins most halftime adjustments and has excellent game plans; NU does not... Boise gets 100% of the possible performance from their talent; NU does not. Sure, the Huskers have more talent than Boise State (by a sizable amount)... but BSU range year in and year out (last 8 years) somewhere between a slightly better team than NU to a vastly superior football team. I'd say if that if BSU played NU each of the past 8 years or so NU would be about 2-6 or so against them... and if I am really, really generous, perhaps 3-5 or 4-4 against them). So no... NU is quite a bit behind BSU (these past 8 years)... historically, of course, NU is the vastly superior program... but that was then, this is now.

So what do you call all of our comeback wins this year?

How did Boise State do against Michigan State this year? How did we do against them?

Not everything is rainbows and butterflies, but sometimes you need to think things through before you throw everything in the garbage and light it on fire.

All this statistic tells me is that we've been consistently good, but NOT great. Not elite.

This season was thrilling, with all the story lines. TMart's improvement, Ameer taking care of business for an injured Rex, the receivers' dominance (specifically Turner busting out), EMart wreaking havoc, all the comebacks.

But continue to pee our pants in huge games. We're starting to win some of them, like the game with Michigan for the division. But I don't consider that game on the same level with a showdown with an undefeated OSU or the championship game vs Bucky.

Bo continues to let his team get blown out in those games, the ones that would get us over the proverbial hump. FACT.

And what is even more disturbing is how sloppy the play is in those games. We're talking about breakdown of fundamentals, terribl angles on D, bad ball security..: you all know what I mean. And, the worst fact of all.. In those losses, the team straight quits. They quit in the Wiscy game.

Now, This point is countered by how they would NOT give up in all the comeback games, but still begs the question... Why give up I'm thenB1G championship with all that was on the line?

Giving up and loss if fundamentals are not acceptable and lead to blowout, embarrassing losses on national TV like we've all seen too much the last few years.

I love Bo. He's doing all the little things, and is doing them right, the Nebraska way, to bring this team back to prominence. Our offense looks terrific (minus the fumbles) and I'm stoked to see what he can do with the influx of young athletic talent coming on the D next year.

But we continue to be our own worst enemy and implode in the biggest games, the ones we most need to win to take the next step forward. And as much as I like Bo as a person and a coach, and for all he does right, if he continues to lose those games and in the fashion he has been, I truly don't think any of that will matter.