College Football's Early Top 25 for 2013

Again Boise St............#13

Just pretend the entire NU coaches including Bo will swap with Boise St. coaches. If so, then our Huskers will be a Top 10 rating, even Top 5, almost guaranteed.

Over achievement: Broncos including NW, Louisville, Kitties, Oregon St, etc

Under achievement: Sooners, Bevo Dung, U$C and now, Huskers

Look at Rival.com history. Absolutely no Broncos 4 or 5 star players. None. Mostly 2 stars. Amazing.

Just pretend the entire NU coaches including Bo will swap with Boise St. coaches. If so, then our Huskers will be a Top 10 rating, even Top 5, almost guaranteed.

Look at Rival.com history. Absolutely no Broncos 4 or 5 star players. None. Mostly 2 stars. Amazing.

Thats what happens when you play JUCO teams all year. Their schedule was ranked 116th this year.

ESPN picked Texas #11.

:rollin

Of course they did! They have millions vested in Texas. Same with the SEC. They have to protect their 'golden calves'!

well put. And it is all of the TV revenue that fuels the SEC dominance. I wonder how much of it goes under the table to recruits and their families. :dunno

I would say the schools invest the money earned back into football. Coaches, assistant, support staff, etc

Uh

Michigan State

MIami, Ohio

BYU

New Mexico

Souther Miss

Fresno St.

UNLV

Wyoming

SDSU

Hawaii

Colorado St

Nevada

Looks like a gauntlet of a schedule.

Michigan State

MIami, Ohio

BYU

New Mexico

Souther Miss

Fresno St.

UNLV

Wyoming

SDSU

Hawaii

Colorado St

Nevada

Of course easy schedule, mostly blamed on MWC, BUT Boise St beat Georgia (2011), VTech, OU, Oregon (twice), etc. How about Huskers record against UGA/VT/OU for the past 5 years? The only hiccup, Broncos barely lost against Spartans @ Lansing.

Lost to SDSU, beat UW by 2, beat Nevada by less than a TD, beat BYU by 1, New Mexico by 3 (4-9 team, 1-7 in the MWC)

Beat Oregon in Chip's FIRST game.

Beat a VA tech team that lost to an FCS team I believe it was.

Credit for Georgia and OU.

But really, they have to wake up for 1-2 games a year. That's all.

Put us in the MWC and we'd be obliterating teams as well.

Lost to SDSU, beat UW by 2, beat Nevada by less than a TD, beat BYU by 1, New Mexico by 3 (4-9 team, 1-7 in the MWC)

Beat Oregon in Chip's FIRST game.

Beat a VA tech team that lost to an FCS team I believe it was.

Credit for Georgia and OU.

But really, they have to wake up for 1-2 games a year. That's all.

Put us in the MWC and we'd be obliterating teams as well.

all any team can do is beat the teams on their schedule and few teams have done a better job than that than BSU over the last 10 years or so, i'd like to see BSU play in the PAC 12

We should start next year between 10-14....

I'll be genuinely surprised if we're that high. I think we'll probably begin pre-season in the 15-17 range.

I wish polls didn't exist and or didn't come out until mid-season but this will unfortunately never happen.

We probably shouldn't be that high, but I wouldn't be surprised to start the year in the 10-14 range just based on brand name. Martinez will probably be getting a lot of hype too.

Uh

Michigan State

MIami, Ohio

BYU

New Mexico

Souther Miss

Fresno St.

UNLV

Wyoming

SDSU

Hawaii

Colorado St

Nevada

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Boise belongs to be mentioned among the big boys of college football, but they way they're able to dominate their realm of football is impressive. Very impressive.

I wish our team could dominate our conference like that.

But no common Husker foes for above listing.

I become my second favorite team ........."The Little Engine that Could"

My crazy thoughts, our Huskers and Broncos pretty much equal performances. Boise St roster, 1 or 2 stars but learned sound fundamentals and excellent schemes (hint: coaches). I'm jealous Coach Chris Petersen and his company.

But no common Husker foes for above listing.

I become my second favorite team ........."The Little Engine that Could"

My crazy thoughts, our Huskers and Broncos pretty much equal performances. Boise St roster, 1 or 2 stars but learned sound fundamentals and excellent schemes (hint: coaches). I'm jealous Coach Chris Petersen and his company.

I am of the opinion that unless he leaves and succeeds on a bigger stage, he has only proven that he is a big fish in a small pond.

Look, I'm not against Boise State, and I think Chris P. is a good coach - and i agree they can only beat the teams that they have scheduled.

I just don't think you can compare a team to top programs when they play 1 "tough" game a year. They really don't have to worry about the rigors of a legit conference schedule - and really now, they get the best recruits out of every MWC team - and I don't believe its even remotely close. They are stocked with 3* talent, some of which were almost 4*.

Bottom line: If they played in the B1G this year, they probably lose to everyone not named Indiana, Illinois, Iowa.

Purdue/Minnesota would probably give them a run for their money, not sure that BSU would lose to them though.