What's the point of a cow if we don't eat it and make baseball gloves out of it?

Cows produce methane, a known greenhouse gas, which contributes to global warming. By eating this enemy of the environment, I'm helping to save the planet.

It's something I do for my fellow humans.

Me too. We're like brothers in arms.

Me too! In fact, sometimes I get together with other people.. some people call them barbeques, but really they're save the earth meat eats.

Meat eats? That sounds like something ENTIRELY different :lol:

LOL.

I dont know anyone on this board....I realize everyone has an opinion about everything these days....But if Hedley chooses not to eat meat, why the butchering of his belief?.....Vegetarians are bashed because they talk about their diet, but yet they get bashed even when they dont because we live in the midwest where its natural to not give two sh#ts about animal life....My family doesnt use eat any meat, we also dont use products that are used in animal testing....Its the way we choose to live.....By screaming in our faces "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT", isnt going to change the fact that some people just do not want to see animals harmed in any way......I understand I am in the minority here, but if i had my way everything from meat consumption to hunting would be eliminated.....I just dont see the point in it.....But if you do, you do....No judgement on my part.....Just ask for the same courtesy back in return

You don't know what you are talking about.

Ok

I dont know anyone on this board....I realize everyone has an opinion about everything these days....But if Hedley chooses not to eat meat, why the butchering of his belief?.....Vegetarians are bashed because they talk about their diet, but yet they get bashed even when they dont because we live in the midwest where its natural to not give two sh#ts about animal life....My family doesnt use eat any meat, we also dont use products that are used in animal testing....Its the way we choose to live.....By screaming in our faces "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT", isnt going to change the fact that some people just do not want to see animals harmed in any way......I understand I am in the minority here, but if i had my way everything from meat consumption to hunting would be eliminated.....I just dont see the point in it.....But if you do, you do....No judgement on my part.....Just ask for the same courtesy back in return

Ok

That might be the easiest tap out I've seen handed on this board.

Ok

I guess I am just not sure how something that I stated is my opinion, could ever be construed to me not knowing what i was talking about?.....I'm not up for debating an opinion of mine, it was stated as just that: my opinion....I dont think its necessary to kill animals for any reason....

Ok

I guess I am just not sure how something that I stated is my opinion, could ever be construed to me not knowing what i was talking about?.....I'm not up for debating an opinion of mine, it was stated as just that: my opinion....I dont think its necessary to kill animals for any reason....

If you don't kill animals with guns, you will kill them with your car. Yes, it's necessary.

Ok

So your ancestors that settled in this Country hundreds of years ago are bad people because they killed animals to survive?

So your ancestors that settled in this Country hundreds of years ago are bad people because they killed animals to survive?

Refer to the post where I said I am not real high on judging people on their thoughts/beliefs/opinions....

I dont think its necessary at all to kill animals for any purpose....You do....life goes on...

We have, whether we like it or not, had such an impact on the environments where we live that hunting is a necessity. The explosion in deer population, for example, is a result of the destruction of top-level predators like wolves, bears, and big cats. Couple that with the intensification of agriculture, essentially providing massive quantities of food for these animals to eat, and we have created an environment in which the deer population would increase exponentially before crashing as a result of disease. Deer are already inbred enough (at least in the mid-west), so they really don't need to go through another population bottleneck.

There are only two ways to effectively manage the population:

1) Hunting.

2) Reintroduce large predators in densities sufficient to reduce population numbers.

And we all know farmers/ranchers would never let #2 fly. Humans have been an integral part of the North American ecosystems for the past 14,000 years. Removing us from the equation would create problems like we've never seen before.

Not to mention that eliminating hunting is economically not feasible. You are eliminating a major source of income to the government that most people don't even think of. Natural resources or fish and wildlife departments (who are responsible for law enforcement, research, and management of state parks) are funded by hunting revenue. These departments are hurting across the country now just because there are fewer hunters these days than in the past. Remove them completely, and those departments no longer exist.

tl;dr: The ecosystems don't care about your affinity for fuzzy-wuzzies.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...