TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

I'm gonna say this. I loves Tommy's and Johnny's tape more than this kid. Doesn't mean anything. He could be a star. I'm just not sold yet.

I would reserve judgement until Dillman's senior year is over.

In that case, lock it up.

To me, his throwing mechanics during his sophomore year look a little better than his junior highlights in the sense that he throws less off his backfoot and turns his hips more. In his junior highlights he throws with his arm too much and not his body. His injury could be some of the problem.

Good news, when you look at the release arc, path, and rotation of the ball, most throws look fluid (though it is hard/near impossible to see the rotation on a number of throws because of video quality or distance). In addition, the school he is playing at now in Texas has developed some quality QB and runs a multiple, spread offense like Nebraska (unlike his school in CA), so with another year to heal and some better QB coaching at his new school, his throwing mechanics should improve.

What he offers right now, based on his highlights, is an athletic QB. He scrambles in the pocket well, looks good throwing on the run (similar to Stanton), and runs with power.

• Fire 2

His coach at Denton has put out some good QBs. Sent Jerrod Heard to Texas last year and J.D Walsh who will probably start at OkieSt this year.

Add in Casey Pachall of TCU and Jarret Lee of LSU to that list as well.

Yup, I knew there were a couple others. Just couldn't remember.

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman

Also, Dillman will be eligible to sign scholarship papers on Aug. 1, since he plans to enroll early. Binding for school but not prospect.

Huge for his development.

If I understand, he wouldn't get onto campus until everyone else does, it just means that he is guaranteed a spot if he wants. Someone that knows better can correct me though. :)

Also, Dillman will be eligible to sign scholarship papers on Aug. 1, since he plans to enroll early. Binding for school but not prospect.

If I understand, he wouldn't get onto campus until everyone else does, it just means that he is guaranteed a spot if he wants. Someone that knows better can correct me though. :)

Pretty sure it's this summer. Plans to be here early according to the tweet.

You're correct. It's binding for NU but not Kevin. Would get here in January

Gotta graduate from high school first there junior.

Gotta graduate from high school first there junior.

Wouldn't he sign the agreement on August 1st and enroll in the spring?