TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like we are still high on the list for Lamar Jackson, JW Ketchum III, and Sheriron Jones. I did not realize Dillman's injury was such a big issue that we are considering a second QB. I thought he was playing HS springball and being considering as the starter for his HS come fall. How limiting is his injury if not "healed right"? Is he at jeopardy of not playing at all or just limited at QB which would require him to move to TE?

If I remember correctly, the high school team he is playing for in Texas has last years backup QB and at least one and maybe two other kids who transferred in to play under the head coach. Dillman will be behind the curve till his injury (achilles surg?) heals. Obviously the kid has physical skills but if he isn't starting by the 3rd or 4th game, he may only get mop up duty for his senior season. If he was already at Nebraska I would be confident in his rehab but who knows what quality of rehab he is getting now? A foreign student with his parents limited ability to pay could signal a disaster if he tries to come back too quickly. I'm excited for his potential but the injury has me worried.

It's been said he won't be 100% this season. He can play just fine but he won't be 100% back to normal. He is going to split time with a Sophomore who we have offered and is going to be really good.

I heard a while back that we were looking at taking 2 QBs and that was before Dillman. With Dillman and Darlintons health issues I can see why we would take two especially if one is Ketchem or Jones who just said he wants to visit and we are recruiting him hard. Dillman may not even start at QB for his HS and a lot of experts think he ends up at TE anyway. Probably smart to take another QB and if Dillman develops to his potential it's a win win.