TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

The less attention the better. I don't care what he's rated. I only care how good he's going to be.

I am referring to attention given to him by his HS Coaches. I don't think we have to worry about other schools poaching him now, he will not be on the radar anymore. However I question the assertions that he will get top-level coaching this year. I just don't see his HS Coaches putting a lot of time to help him develop when he won't be a factor in the team's W-L record. That essentially means that what he is today is what NU will get. Not saying that is bad, he is an amazing talent, but frankly he has some development to do, not the least because of the time he has missed due to injury. People will need to temper their expectations once he gets to NU IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start coming into his own until his RSo. or RJr. year.

The less attention the better. I don't care what he's rated. I only care how good he's going to be.

I am referring to attention given to him by his HS Coaches. I don't think we have to worry about other schools poaching him now, he will not be on the radar anymore. However I question the assertions that he will get top-level coaching this year. I just don't see his HS Coaches putting a lot of time to help him develop when he won't be a factor in the team's W-L record. That essentially means that what he is today is what NU will get. Not saying that is bad, he is an amazing talent, but frankly he has some development to do, not the least because of the time he has missed due to injury. People will need to temper their expectations once he gets to NU IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start coming into his own until his RSo. or RJr. year.

Gotcha. They're pretty known for producing QBs so I'm sure they have several that get a lot of attention. Sounds like his relationship with the coaches was a big reason he decided to stay.

Gotcha. They're pretty known for producing QBs so I'm sure they have several that get a lot of attention. Sounds like his relationship with the coaches was a big reason he decided to stay.

He will be in a all the varsity practices...the only difference will be the reps he gets with the varsity. Practice is practice...They will have 4-6 QB's

Depending on transfers/injuries from the QB spot we have

Tommy for the next 2 years, probably 3..

Johnny or Darlington will most likely transfer next year, depending who wins that battle.

Lamar Jackson if he were to commit would be a big time pick up..

AJ Bush..

I could see Dillman and AJ Bush in the same boat. We are very, very talented at the QB position, especially with more natural QBs than Dillman for instance. (And part of the reason we decided to take a on Dillman was due to his ability to switch positions)

“Oh yeah, it was definitely a hard decision,” Dillman said. “I’ve yet to hear from Nebraska what they want me to do, so it’s a decision I based on myself. Pretty much, it’s the people I was around here. They had a more competitive edge in football and their attitude [at Guyer]. That’s why I felt I fit in more here.”

That's odd. But if he wanted to hear from them, couldn't he ask? I'm sure, as a commit, he has our staff's number or he would have some way of reaching out to them.

(I think he made the right call, but it's odd that there wasn't any communication going on here)

What is there really to say. It's not like the coaches should be influencing him on what HS to attend.

Agreed. It seems like a muddled situation that the clock has ran out on. The season is here and moving around again seems like a waste of time. If Kevin thinks his coaching won't suffer in this situation despite not being ideal, it's about all he has left. Most schools have their guys in place and some have already played games.