TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

Heard from a friend who plays center and goes to my old high school of liberty christian Argyle that Kevin was introduced to the team during football camp. Rumor is the UIL indeed will rule him ineligble so he will likely play at my old private school. They have a good football program and turn out BCS players every few years.

Strange how he and I have played for the same teams in sweden and in Texas.

Any idea on their QB situation?

Seeing as they fired Greg Price, their head coach in march, and don't have a roster listed on Maxpreps, Kevin will likely get an immediate opportunity to start. I work with a few of Liberty's players and after camp got out they were in awe of Kevin and had a lot of good things to say about him.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/high-schools/high-school-football-headlines/20140321-football-liberty-christian-fires-price.ece

In my estimation, this might actually end up being the best scenario for Kevin. He won't have to split reps with Shawn Robinson during the season although he is stepping down the equivalent of 4A to a 3A school. Talents like him don't often come around he'll be welcomed with open arms.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-qb-kevin-dillman-denied-eligibility-at-texas-high-school/article_d9ac9b9c-217b-11e4-900a-0017a43b2370.html

So, what exactly is the rule they are claiming makes him ineligible. Sorry if it's in an article somewhere but I haven't seen it.

I haven't figured it out either but it seems like it has to do with establishing residency since his parents are still in Sweden.

That's the only thing I could think of but I know in Nebraska, even foreign exchange students can participate in sports. It just seems strange.