TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

The coaches have to decide if they are comfortable with Brokemeier or Fyfe at the helm if Armstrong and Stanton go down. With Darlington's future in question and now Dillmans as well. We would probably be ok this year and if we have a quality "healthy" Qb in line for 2016 maybe it is worth the gamble to not offer another Qb this year. Sheriron Jones from California is from a high school we have a pipeline to and puts a lot of kids in the D1 ranks and also the NFL. If he visits and loves it here I would have a hard time seeing him turned away.

Rivals teaser saying "With concerns about the health of commit Kevin Dillman, NU is pursuing a quarterback who was just selected to the Elite 11 combine."

We can't really afford to take two quarterbacks in such a small class..

If Dillman heals and has a standout senior year, I would agree no need for a second QB. However, if he cannot play this year, his future comes into question. Will he be able to play in college, and if so, will he be able to play at QB? If his injuries are too risky to gamble on, I could see the coaching staff taking a second QB. If he gets better than he has the shot to compete, either at QB or a less demanding role like TE/WR.

I don't want to hit the alarm button just yet until a report is given about his injuries. However, the coaching staff has made it clear to Dillman and in their actions that they are at least establishing a plan B.

The coaches have to decide if they are comfortable with Brokemeier or Fyfe at the helm if Armstrong and Stanton go down. With Darlington's future in question and now Dillmans as well. We would probably be ok this year and if we have a quality "healthy" Qb in line for 2016 maybe it is worth the gamble to not offer another Qb this year. Sheriron Jones from California is from a high school we have a pipeline to and puts a lot of kids in the D1 ranks and also the NFL. If he visits and loves it here I would have a hard time seeing him turned away.

I see your point but it's not terribly likely for both of them to get hurt. And Fyfe seems capable enough. But we also have AJ Bush as an option.

• 2 weeks later...

But the University Interscholastic League, the governing body of activities at public schools in Texas, initially denied Dillman eligibility, said Peter Dames, a close family friend of Dillman’s parents. Kevin Dillman lives with Dames and his wife in Texas, and is appealing the ruling.

Dames called the situation “fairly typical” for new enrollees in Texas and expected Dillman would win his appeal.
“I’m pretty confident we’ll get through the process,” Dames said. “We expect he’ll be at Guyer in the fall.”
Should the UIL deny Dillman’s appeal, he could transfer to a private school in the area not formally governed by the UIL. If Dillman becomes eligible at Guyer, it’s likely he will share snaps with Shawn Robinson, a sophomore-to-be who is among the top 2017 quarterback prospects.
Dames said Dillman is not 100 percent recovered from a torn Achilles injury he suffered midway through his junior year at La Mirada, but is “pretty darn close.”
“The injury I’m not worried about at this point,” Dames said. Dillman didn’t play in Guyer’s spring game in order to give the injury more time to heal.

OWH

Yeah, there must have been confusion between the injury and the eligibility.

Some were claiming both. Gotta love rivals. So desperate to get info out early half of its wrong.
They're the CNN of sports journalism imo