TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

I doubt there's restrictions against giving advice, but I do think coaches would want to be careful about even the perception that they're pushing kids to one high school or another, particularly in major Texas football. Most of all though, it's just plain not our coaches' place to give advice on where a kid goes to school.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

From reading transcripts, interesting comment by Sean Callahan at the big red breakfast this morning. Lamar Jackson in town this weekend and "still looking for a QB in this class." A few different ways to read that, I have no info, but anybody have something new to offer?

I've seen several reports over the last month or so that are skeptical of him actually ending up an Nebraska. No particular reason is ever given. It would seem that his injury has healed as he is playing. But it sounds like we're not in contact with him as much as you might expect.

My best guess is that since he hasn't been playing football for that long and then he lost last year to injury and now isn't playing varsity that we are worried about how much he is developing as a QB. He's supposedly a great athlete that was learning to play QB but his chances to learn have been cut back significantly. Perhaps we're worried about that much risk in a class this small. And we might not want to take two QBs again with how many we currently have and how young they all are.

Just speculation.

From reading transcripts, interesting comment by Sean Callahan at the big red breakfast this morning. Lamar Jackson in town this weekend and "still looking for a QB in this class." A few different ways to read that, I have no info, but anybody have something new to offer?

I've seen several reports over the last month or so that are skeptical of him actually ending up an Nebraska. No particular reason is ever given. It would seem that his injury has healed as he is playing. But it sounds like we're not in contact with him as much as you might expect.

My best guess is that since he hasn't been playing football for that long and then he lost last year to injury and now isn't playing varsity that we are worried about how much he is developing as a QB. He's supposedly a great athlete that was learning to play QB but his chances to learn have been cut back significantly. Perhaps we're worried about that much risk in a class this small. And we might not want to take two QBs again with how many we currently have and how young they all are.

Just speculation.

That's a shame.... and a waste of a jacket and money.

https://twitter.com/kevindillman10/status/520013755954888704

Just speculation.

That's a shame.... and a waste of a jacket and money.

https://twitter.com/kevindillman10/status/520013755954888704

If he is the athlete everyone says he is and expects him to be, there has to be room somewhere on the roster for him.

Give him a shot at QB and then move him to a TE or WR if necessary.

If he is the athlete everyone says he is and expects him to be, there has to be room somewhere on the roster for him.

Give him a shot at QB and then move him to a TE or WR if necessary.

This seems to make sense to me. Especially if a couple of our current targets don't work out.

Maybe not but do you know for certain that the last 2 National Champions want him only for his QB skill set?

Couple years ago he was at Bama's QB camp and was close to being offered if not for the other QB they are taking this year.

Look, writing off kevin as never being a QB is like saying Baker steinkuhler never had a chance anyway at OT. Why make the same mistake twice here?

Maybe not but do you know for certain that the last 2 National Champions want him only for his QB skill set?

Couple years ago he was at Bama's QB camp and was close to being offered if not for the other QB they are taking this year.

Look, writing off kevin as never being a QB is like saying Baker steinkuhler never had a chance anyway at OT. Why make the same mistake twice here?

Okay. I'll play.

First, no one is writing off Dillman. But the odds are stacked against him that his best 2 years of HS football came during his first 2 years of HS(assuming he played HS football as a freshman). While he seems athletically gifted, that doesn't make him an instant relevant option at QB. I have no doubt that he will be given a chance to show what he can do at QB.

As far as Steinkuhler is concerned, I believe it was his choice to play defense. And there is absolutely zero proof that he would have been any better of a OT than a DT.