Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

My SWAG:

1. He's gay, got into a relationship with some dude (probably that Tuisasablablah guy).

2. Parents want to know who he's talking to every night/why his texting count tripled last month, etc.

3. He makes up this girl with the assistance of his bf/friends etc to fool his religious parents/keep up appearances.

4. Years pass, things get serious, parents start to ask when they get to meet the girl.

5. Time for girl to die suddenly.

If so, he has my sympathy.

• Fire 1

My SWAG:

1. He's gay, got into a relationship with some dude (probably that Tuisasablablah guy).

2. Parents want to know who he's talking to every night/why his texting count tripled last month, etc.

3. He makes up this girl with the assistance of his bf/friends etc to fool his religious parents/keep up appearances.

4. Years pass, things get serious, parents start to ask when they get to meet the girl.

Absolutely no sympathy from me because of that statement right there. If he was in fact in a gay relationship with what appears to be a family member, why not just say "We broke up" and leave it at that? IMO, there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to this story than has been reported so far

My SWAG:

i do not buy that theory. first, i do not think he lived with his parents at this time. second, he is a college football player. perfectly natural for a college football player to want to be single even if to hid a secret homosexual relationship. he could tell people he is just into getting mad poon, even though he is never actually with any women.

i do not buy that theory. first, i do not think he lived with his parents at this time. second, he is a college football player. perfectly natural for a college football player to want to be single even if to hid a secret homosexual relationship. he could tell people he is just into getting mad poon, even though he is never actually with any women.

Uhhh....what? Single, fair enough, it gives them leeway to sleep around a lot (and no, you can't just lie about it, people want specifics and you can't keep that up for 4 years). But if you've got a girlfriend somewhere else, you don't have to worry about that expectation anymore.

Absolutely no sympathy from me because of that statement right there. If he was in fact in a gay relationship with what appears to be a family member, why not just say "We broke up" and leave it at that? IMO, there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to this story than has been reported so far

I agree that the girl dying would be an extreme step, but we don't really know the circumstances. I do guarantee, flat out guarantee that he was not "catfished", no matter what this is. 3 years of dating? I don't care if they never met in person, (although he's on record saying they did) skype exists. There is simply no way on earth that he could be that stupid/naive. Either I'm right, or he's a complete scumbag, or we're dealing with something really, really weird.