Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend?

Ulty

30 minutes without a post in this thread.

He has been silent for almost 48 hours. Wouldn't have thought that was the best PR move, I guess I was mistaken. Just trying to let things blow over?

Read somewhere that he is in FL and told some friends that he did know it was a hoax (on December 6) and didn't know how to handle it so just kept playing along.

Even if this is true ...

Most BF Ever:

• Knew her for four years
  • "Dated" for one year
  • She got in an accident, and subsequent coma
  • She got leukemia
  • He hooked up with other girls at ND
  • HE NEVER VISITED HER

Fraud:

• Wasn't really "dating" her
  • Maybe talked to this make believe floozy online while still hooking up with girls at ND
  • Perpetuated this story for publicity

Either way, Manti Te'o and Notre Dame are a f'ing joke.

I really hope it comes out that Notre Dame covered this all up, and was directly involved in pushing this story towards the media even though they knew it was a hoax or whatever. I hope Swabrick feels like a moron now after that bullsh#t PC, he attached Notre Dame to a sinking ship.

• Fire 2

I never had too much against Notre Dame. Never really understood the hate for them that seems to run rancid throughout the country. But this thing is mind boggling for them to 100% hitch their wagon to Manti, to do it so fast, when even then, it was obvious he is X% in wrong on this ordeal regardless. I just dont get it. Yes, it has been and is the most bizarre sports story.

• Fire 1

I never had too much against Notre Dame. Never really understood the hate for them that seems to run rancid throughout the country. But this thing is mind boggling for them to 100% hitch their wagon to Manti, to do it so fast, when even then, it was obvious he is X% in wrong on this ordeal regardless. I just dont get it. Yes, it has been and is the most bizarre sports story.

It's a mix of a lot of things. They set themselves up on a moral pedastal as *the* Catholic university. Such marketing has paid off in a big way as they get a huge tv contract that does not reflect the product they (usually) put on the field, which they do not have to share with anyone. They get sweetheart deals from bowls, the revenue from which they do not have to share with anyone. They're more than happy to dump their non-revenue sports into the revenue sharing schemes represented by conferences, but keep football to themselves. They are in a word, greedy. This is not to say that other athletic departments are not greedy, but Notre Dame has the means to really be obnoxious about it, and so they are.

And then there's the moral hypocrisy. When you set yourself up on a pedastal as a religious institution, you are rightly expected to follow through on those moral tenets. From big things like turning a blind eye to the crimes of football players, to little annoying things like changing the pronunciation of players' names to win them votes in the Heisman race and hiring a red-faced f-bomb dropping head coach, it's hard to make the case that Notre Dame is ethically any different from Penn State or Alabama or any other big time sports program. Which again, isn't to say that Notre Dame's conduct is especially bad relative to other major programs, simply that its kind of grating to see them pretend that they hold superior values to the aforementioned schools.

• Fire 2

There is no Lennay Kekua, but the woman whose image was used to create Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend appears to be one Diane O'Meara, a marketing executive in Los Angeles. Yes, she has a lawyer, and, no, she won't be telling her side of the story right now. The New York Post, Inside Edition, and local Los Angeles news stations are just some of the many outlets scrambling for interviews with O'Meara, whom they have identified as the woman Deadspin called Reba in its account of the hoax concocted around the Notre Dame star and the woman whose private Facebook and Instagram photos were used on national TV and appeared on Kekua's fake Twitter account.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/01/diane-omeara-manti-teo-girlfriend-photo/61160/

Side note: Diane would get it.

It's a mix of a lot of things. They set themselves up on a moral pedastal as *the* Catholic university. Such marketing has paid off in a big way as they get a huge tv contract that does not reflect the product they (usually) put on the field, which they do not have to share with anyone. They get sweetheart deals from bowls, the revenue from which they do not have to share with anyone. They're more than happy to dump their non-revenue sports into the revenue sharing schemes represented by conferences, but keep football to themselves. They are in a word, greedy. This is not to say that other athletic departments are not greedy, but Notre Dame has the means to really be obnoxious about it, and so they are.

And then there's the moral hypocrisy. When you set yourself up on a pedastal as a religious institution, you are rightly expected to follow through on those moral tenets. From big things like turning a blind eye to the crimes of football players, to little annoying things like changing the pronunciation of players' names to win them votes in the Heisman race and hiring a red-faced f-bomb dropping head coach, it's hard to make the case that Notre Dame is ethically any different from Penn State or Alabama or any other big time sports program. Which again, isn't to say that Notre Dame's conduct is especially bad relative to other major programs, simply that its kind of grating to see them pretend that they hold superior values to the aforementioned schools.

they are also the secondary default team for some of the doucheist fans in collegs sportsdom. their average fan's favorite teams are: maybe a local team they follow when good, the irish football, duke or unc in basketball (must be a challenging point of contention for these fans that agree on all other teams), the lakers, and the dallas cowboys.

Wonder how much from the pot o' gold it took to pay these "sources" off....

or am i?

i am starting to wonder the same thing. manti te'o has been quiet for too long. seems like they are using this time so everyone can get their stories straight.

Read it CN. Thorough. Detailed. It has to be true. You literally can NOT make that stuff up. I dont see how it's not true.

Seems pretty obvious, right?

There is no Lennay Kekua, but the woman whose image was used to create Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend appears to be one Diane O'Meara, a marketing executive in Los Angeles. Yes, she has a lawyer, and, no, she won't be telling her side of the story right now. The New York Post,Inside Edition, and local Los Angeles news stations are just some of the many outlets scrambling for interviews with O'Meara, whom they have identified as the woman Deadspin called Reba in its account of the hoax concocted around the Notre Dame star and the woman whose private Facebook and Instagram photos were used on national TV and appeared on Kekua's fake Twitter account.

http://www.theatlant...nd-photo/61160/

Side note: Diane would get it.

O'Meara? So now we have an Irish name directly connected, which correlates with my connection between the Irish and Samoan mafias as stated above. Irrefutable!

I guess I shouldve said that I do understand. I just dont contain it myself. Notre Dame's complete irrelavancy in basically every sport in my lifetime of paying attention to sports contributes to the fact that I simply dont pay attention to them. I dont really notice anything they do. They do not matter. I'm too busy worrying about actual threats to my Husker Elitism, like ESPN, the SEC, and Texas.