**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Here's to hoping the Hawks can bring the Stanley Cup back to Chicago! :cheers Great game Hawks...

10383908_10153487240514258_5790554363788

Couldn't agree more! I've loved the run the Hawks have put during the last 6-7 years and you gotta appreciate it as much as possible.

They dominated the Ducks in game 7. I mean just really took them out of their element. Toews came up big and the Ducks just did not look capable of handling it. But, as I think happened last year, the two best teams in hockey played tonight - the Ducks and the Hawks. Just like the Kings and Hawks did last year.

• Fire 1

I think last night was a pretty decent indicator of how this series is going to play out.

Tampa Bay came out guns blazing, but the 'Hawks were able to dictate the pace of the game the last period and a half...

I'm still a little concerned but I guess that's just part of being a fan. I don't think the Lightning will make the same mistake again - they got up one goal and then it appeared they just wanted the game to end 1-0. That's not going to work against the Hawks. If there's an opportunity or a way to will themselves to a victory, the Hawks going to find it.

I will say that Crawford played out of his mind. I mean the only goal he let in really was just very low percentage. The guy caught the puck mid air with his stick and flipped it into the net. Crawford's the biggest reason they won imo... kept them in the game, gave them a chance to gain some momentum and score two late goals. Hell of a come back to win it.

If I had a rooting interest, I'd be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...

I'm not sure the Lighting have enough firepower to out gun the 'Hawks in a 7 game series. Not to mention if Crawford keeps up this level of play it might be the 'Hawks in 5...