A. Adullah

D. Gomes

P. Amukamara

J Crck

T. Martinez

E. Marting

Q. Enumwa

R Helu

All 3 star players. It is about finding talent. Recruiting services do not know it all. Like 4 star players - D. Washington, J. Burkes, D, Whitmore, C. Williams, and several others that are still on the team that we are still waiting to see play.

It is easy too sit there and pick, and choose a list of players that over-achieved, or under-achieved.... The facts are, those who get 4*, and 5* talent win championships.... Alabama, USC, LSU, etc.... If the staff thinks this kid is worth the chance, than I hope they take him, but personally with a class that'll be 26 or so, I would save the schollie....

^^^^^^^^^^

None of those players are on the team. And Javario Burkes had health issues that kept him from playing and he played while he was here. D Whitmore never made it to campus.

Go Big Red!

Bell, Enumwa, Martinez & Abdullah? Please check the team Roster.

I am just saying that we have had just as much success with 3 star players as 4, not matter the circumstances.

K. Bell

A. Adullah

D. Gomes

P. Amukamara

J Crck

T. Martinez

E. Marting

Q. Enumwa

R Helu

All 3 star players. It is about finding talent. Recruiting services do not know it all. Like 4 star players - D. Washington, J. Burkes, D, Whitmore, C. Williams, and several others that are still on the team that we are still waiting to see play.

I think L. David was a 2*

K. Bell

A. Adullah

D. Gomes

P. Amukamara

J Crck

T. Martinez

E. Marting

Q. Enumwa

R Helu

I think L. David was a 2*

out of HS he was a 2 star, but then developed into a 4 star out of community college

I just feel we should pass on this kid.... He seems like a fine athlete, but over the past couple years our staff has created some momentum on the recruiting trail, and if we have a big year this coming season (Conference Title/BCS bowl/National Title) I believe we will continue to get noticed by more and more big time recruits.... Save the schollies for 4* and 5* talent that we might be in on next year. This scholarship could go to next year's Priest Willis, so why give it too a kid that Maryland/Iowa want? Again, nothing against the kid, but it is what it is....

As long as we have California/Florida weather and $EC money to compete against, we're more than likely not going to get next year's Priest Willis... or any year's Priest Willis for that matter.

Not saying we should focus on recruiting the 1/2 star guys just to fill the classes, but if the staff likes what they see and thinks they can find room for the lower-tier recruits, I don't see the harm in making an offer.

K. Bell

A. Adullah

D. Gomes

P. Amukamara

J Crck

T. Martinez

E. Marting

Q. Enumwa

R Helu

It is easy too sit there and pick, and choose a list of players that over-achieved, or under-achieved.... The facts are, those who get 4*, and 5* talent win championships.... Alabama, USC, LSU, etc.... If the staff thinks this kid is worth the chance, than I hope they take him, but personally with a class that'll be 26 or so, I would save the schollie....

I agree about saving schollies, but I believe that the staff is looking for some speed to supplement what we have. Something, we were lacking last year.

SouthLincolnHusker

-----------------------------------

I was talking about this paragraph. None of these guys are on the team anymore. I can't quote from my phone.

Go Big Red!

SouthLincolnHusker

I was talking about this paragraph. None of these guys are on the team anymore. I can't quote from my phone.

Go Big Red!

SouthLincolnHusker

Go Big Red!

There are some, but did not want point fingers. There is always hope that the bulb turns on and they play to their star potential.

K. Bell

A. Adullah

D. Gomes

P. Amukamara

J Crck

T. Martinez

E. Marting

Q. Enumwa

R Helu

I agree about saving schollies, but I believe that the staff is looking for some speed to supplement what we have. Something, we were lacking last year.

I agree with what "both" sides of this debate are saying.... It would be nice to save the schollie for a potential high profile recruit, yet, the basis of the Nebraska tradition has been built with 3* guys who work their a$$ off to prove themselves...

I question the "speed" comment...... he runs a 4.49 (almost 4.5)...... this type of speed is dime a dozen at the D-1 level. I would like to see this guy N, just because he is athletic and if he works his tail off, could be a good one..... They must see something special in the intangibles, because his "measurables" aren't eye popping...... Would be nice to see him N though.

I just feel we should pass on this kid.... He seems like a fine athlete, but over the past couple years our staff has created some momentum on the recruiting trail, and if we have a big year this coming season (Conference Title/BCS bowl/National Title) I believe we will continue to get noticed by more and more big time recruits.... Save the schollies for 4* and 5* talent that we might be in on next year. This scholarship could go to next year's Priest Willis, so why give it too a kid that Maryland/Iowa want? Again, nothing against the kid, but it is what it is....

As long as we have California/Florida weather and $EC money to compete against, we're more than likely not going to get next year's Priest Willis... or any year's Priest Willis for that matter.

Not saying we should focus on recruiting the 1/2 star guys just to fill the classes, but if the staff likes what they see and thinks they can find room for the lower-tier recruits, I don't see the harm in making an offer.

If we win championships, as in National championships; we will get our fair amount of top talent, including some 5* sprinkled in....

If we win championships, as in National championships; we will get our fair amount of top talent, including some 5* sprinkled in....

How do we do that without taking the best available talent we can get NOW?

I'd love to wake up tomorrow and have the fumbling and sub par defense be magically gone, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Gotta get more talented bodies...

How do we do that without taking the best available talent we can get NOW?

I'd love to wake up tomorrow and have the fumbling and sub par defense be magically gone, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Gotta get more talented bodies...

Is this guy it? Maybe he is, but I've got doubts....

What don't you like about the guy RR?

Admittedly, his offer list is underwhelming. But I watched his film. Offensively, he doesn't have burner speed, but his greatest asset appears to be his shiftyness and ability to make people miss in the open field. Good agility and change of direction. Reminds me a lot of Burkhead in that sense.

Defensively, pretty strong in run/swing pass support from what I saw. Not blocked easily for a smaller guy. Again, doesn't have burner speed, but our stud NFL CB tandem from a few years ago didn't earn rave reviews about that aspect for their game either. Plays the ball in the air well-- seemed to intercept well and usually at least got a hand on the ball.

I'd take him and put him somewhere. RB, WR, CB... We're recruiting him as a WR/CB right? Where do you like him EZ-E?