TMart and Ameer on Heisman list....

Comish

Although TMart was expected to get some attention (given four years on commentary on him), I was struck by Ameer's inclusion. I would guess that is partially a function of our system with the feature back going to get plenty of opportunities.

But the primary reason I posted it was because of the relative novelty of 5 teams having 2 players on the early list. That seems like a bunch doesn't it?

Ready to see what kind of yards Abdullah can put up as the #1 back. Im going with 1,200 yards.

Damn near had that last year didn't he? I'll say 1,500....

Hmm. I guess your right. New guess is 1,400 with an easy schedule and taking over as the full time starter.

Only way either of these two end up in New York at the end of the season, is if we go with minimum of one loss throughout the season, including B1G CG, and they improve their ball security.

Taylor will also need to play lights out with his feet, because I don't think he will be Heisman worthy off just his arm. 1000 yards on the ground and 1800 passing should get him there, BUT he needs to secure the ball way better.

Ameer will need a 1200 yard rushing season at least to end up in New York with minimal fumbles.

I don't think it's a knock on Taylor to observe that Johnny Manzeil does the same things Taylor does, but better. And Manzeil had to upset #1 Alabama to lock up his Heisman.

Guys like Manzeil and McCarron will have to have to take a step back, and Taylor a huge step up in order for Taylor to get consideration. But even conspiracy theorists have to admit that Martinez still has the media's attention and playing for Nebraska matters. As mentioned, the Huskers need to win to make it happen. At least trade a loss to Northwestern for an upset of Ohio State.

I wrote Ameer off his freshman year because he didn't seem able to generate any yards after contact. This year he really proved me wrong. 1,200 yards would be a reasonable but non-Heisman kinda season for Ameer, unless he also went nuts on the return game, which I thought was going to be his niche. Honestly I wouldn't mind Ameer having a lesser statistical season if it meant more touches for other running backs, including Braylon Heard, who I expect to return after the hookers I sent over make their case.

I don't think it's a knock on Taylor to observe that Johnny Manzeil does the same things Taylor does, but better. And Manzeil had to upset #1 Alabama to lock up his Heisman.

Guys like Manzeil and McCarron will have to have to take a step back, and Taylor a huge step up in order for Taylor to get consideration. But even conspiracy theorists have to admit that Martinez still has the media's attention and playing for Nebraska matters. As mentioned, the Huskers need to win to make it happen. At least trade a loss to Northwestern for an upset of Ohio State.

I wrote Ameer off his freshman year because he didn't seem able to generate any yards after contact. This year he really proved me wrong. 1,200 yards would be a reasonable but non-Heisman kinda season for Ameer, unless he also went nuts on the return game, which I thought was going to be his niche. Honestly I wouldn't mind Ameer having a lesser statistical season if it meant more touches for other running backs, including Braylon Heard, who I expect to return after the hookers I sent over make their case.

:thumbs

Good.....hookers.....gooood.....

muhahahaha!!! Yes!!! We shall get him back!

http://collegefootba...3-heisman-odds/

Alabama (quarterback AJ McCarron, 12/1; running back T.J. Yeldon, 18/1), Miami (running back Duke Johnson, 12/1; quarterback Stephen Morris, 25/1), Nebraska (quarterback Taylor Martinez, 15/1; running back Ameer Abdullah, 18/1) and Oregon (running back De’Anthony Thomas, 10/1; quarterback Marcus Mariota, 18/1) are the only schools with more than one player listed.

I thought Yeldon declared for the NFL draft?

Good.....hookers.....gooood.....

muhahahaha!!! Yes!!! We shall get him back!

I hope they were some expensive hookers. If they were them cheap skanky ones you would be better off just sending a big cookie.