Combine Invites

GM_Tood

@Sean_Callahan

It goes to show you how much Pelini got out of that senior class, as NFL experts don't see a lot of draft picks in all those seniors.

Yes and no. The offense was mostly underclassmen and the defense ... didn't play as well as we all would have liked.

This tweet caught my eye as well. It doesn't say to me "look how much Pelini got out of the class." It more or less tell me we lacked talent and/or players that played well. And that's not to take away from their college careers, but is still worth noting.

Rex is going to test exceptionally well everywhere except the 40.

Someone up above said they hoped he'd get a 4.4. I seriously doubt it. He was listed as having a 4.6 out of high school, and he doesn't look to be much faster than that.

@Sean_Callahan

It goes to show you how much Pelini got out of that senior class, as NFL experts don't see a lot of draft picks in all those seniors.

Yes and no. The offense was mostly underclassmen and the defense ... didn't play as well as we all would have liked.

This tweet caught my eye as well. It doesn't say to me "look how much Pelini got out of the class." It more or less tell me we lacked talent and/or players that played well. And that's not to take away from their college careers, but is still worth noting.

Rex is going to test exceptionally well everywhere except the 40.

Someone up above said they hoped he'd get a 4.4. I seriously doubt it. He was listed as having a 4.6 out of high school, and he doesn't look to be much faster than that.

When I first read the bold, I thought it was a slight against Bo. Reading it again, it appears to say how lucky we were to win 10 games this year with our lack of talent and that Bo actually made chicken salad out of chicken crap.

I'm guessing that this will be the first time that Rex has ever been really coached long and hard on how to "get out of the blocks" quick and how to transition as you progress through your run. And like anything, I bet Rex trains harder than anyone at the combine this year. And you have to realize this will be the first time he has ever had no other distractions, so I imagine he is going shave every last bit of time he can off. I would not be shocked if he ran in the upper 4.4's. I will be shocked if he runs slower than mid 4.5's.

I hope Burkhead performs well at the combine. Hopefully something like this:

4.45 40 or faster

40" vertical

25 reps on bench

He deserves every bit of success that he gets. Good luck to all of our guys!

I'm curious to see what Rex turns in for a 40 time. It seemed like he was short that last gear before this year but he broke quite a few big runs. I still think he'll be in the second half of RBs in the 40 but I bet he'll be high on the list in other tests.

I think if Rex can turn in something in the 4.5 range and do well in the other tests he will really help himself out. 4.5 is nothing to be upset with

Kenny Bell earlier in the season mentioned Rex as one of the fastest players on the team. Watch Taylor's scramble for 70 yard TD in the CCG. Rex looked pretty damn fast there.

My feelings towards Steinkuhler is that he anchored a line with very very little help around him and he did pretty well around it. I think everyone agrees that other than Martin, the DEs didn't really show up this year. Then, I love Meredith with his attitude, work ethic and commitment to the team. But, he was just simply too small to be moved inside this year. Many of the long runs teams had were over his side of the line.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I am actually surprised that Steinkuhler didn't get invited.

It's a HUGE surprise that Steinkuhler didn't get an invite. Some fans got down on him because he didn't have the gaudy stats that Suh had. But he did what he was assigned to do: he clogged up the middle. Look at what happened to our run defense when he was out with injury. Remember the B1G CCG? The wheels fell off the wagon without him.

/I wonder if Baker still isn't fully recovered? Maybe that's why he isn't going to the combine.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I am actually surprised that Steinkuhler didn't get invited.

It's a HUGE surprise that Steinkuhler didn't get an invite. Some fans got down on him because he didn't have the gaudy stats that Suh had. But he did what he was assigned to do: he clogged up the middle. Look at what happened to our run defense when he was out with injury. Remember the B1G CCG? The wheels fell off the wagon without him.

/I wonder if Baker still isn't fully recovered? Maybe that's why he isn't going to the combine.

With Baker v. Wisconsin:

• 41 carries
  • 56 yards
  • 1.4 yards per carry
  • Long of 14 yards

Without Baker v. Wisconsin:

• 50 carries
  • 539 yards
  • 10.8 yards per carry
  • White with a Long of 68. Gordon with a long of 60. Ball with a long of 57. Oh, and some guy named Kenzel Doe had one run for 12 yards.

We hurt without Baker. He is pretty darn good, and I'm surprised he isn't getting a look. Not sure with his injury though.

• Fire 1

I'm going to say I am shocked by Martin and Cotton not receiving an invite. A little surprised by Reed not maybe getting a look. Not surprised in the least bit that Steinkuhler, Smith, and especially not surprised that Compton didn't get one. Next season can't get here fast enough. I was tired of watching a lot of these guys get thier asses kicked on a regular basis.

• Fire 1