B******!!!

JTrain

It reminds me of Mississippi State's alternates this year:

msuunis2.jpeg

And the ones Boise has worn a few times:

51ZDhCBIr4L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

And I don't want to be associated with something like that.

We have history and tradition that those programs don't have, don't get too crazy.

Do some colors, have fun.

Not a caricature of ourself.

Black with the N would be cool ............ But if not the N why not put on the Bones ....... I'd like to see a Photoshop black with white bones. Or else go nuts and do an Oregon Style gun silver with a Red N. If we are going to mess with the best why not go all N.

Nebraska-Nike-Pro-Combat-Helmet_display_image.png?1328277666

Black with the N would be cool ............ But if not the N why not put on the Bones ....... I'd like to see a Photoshop black with white bones. Or else go nuts and do an Oregon Style gun silver with a Red N. If we are going to mess with the best why not go all N.

Nebraska-Nike-Pro-Combat-Helmet_display_image.png?1328277666

That with straight black. I liked Northwestern's helmets when they played us. I wouldn't mind them doing something similar with the blackshirt logo. The problem I see though is there really isn't an opponent that is special. I guess we can do it for homecoming.

To all the traditionalists who insist that the white helmet with the red "N" is never messed with. Do you still drive the same make, model and color of your first car? Some of you act like the earth would and should swallow the stadium with the players in it. Before you accuse me off being a young "change is good" type I am far from it. I'm a grandfather (great grandfather if you count step grandkids). If the team council wants to wear something atypical and the team votes yes then they should be able to. Our team first represents the students at the university, not the wealthiest donors and not the fans. While you were students at the U the team represented you. When you graduated you are only an alumni. No one in this state owns the team like a pro franchise. Their only obligation as student athletes is to not get crossways with the law and pass their classes.

• Fire 3

+1 Tony. Being in the younger generation I love the tradition that Nebraska football and the jerseys have. Obviously being partial but there aren't many better. I wish for 1 game a year or every other year or something we wear either an alternate uni or use a throwback. Absolutely loved the throwbacks we did for the 300th sellout.