When is the Husker Pro Day?

@swmckewonOWH

Big Pro Day for Will Compton. 4.54 40 32 inch vert and 24 reps on bench. Teams told him he helped himself a lot.

@danhoppen

Most bench reps (225 lbs) at NU pro day: Choi-33, Mike Caputo-35, Compton-24, Reed-19

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC

Brett Maher another good day. He was 10 of 10. Was 14 of 15 at combine

Kyler Reed had a 41-inch vertical. Said his 40 was in the 4.4s.

Compton was really happy with his day. Said his 40 was at 4.54.

@Sean_Callahan

Kyler Reed ran in the 4.4's, jumped a 41 inch vertical and did 10-7 in the broad jump.

• Fire 1

Some more info from the local beat writers:

Burkhead said he was times in the 4.5s today. He looked good in position drills too.

Just the eye test here but I thought Rex had himself one really good day. He was beaming when talking to reporters.

P.J. Smith was blunt: Not a good day for him, he said.

Judging by reactions, numbers and watching it: Burkhead, Compton and Maher did themselves the biggest favors today.

Rich Kaipust@RKaipustOWH

Some notes from Nebraska pro day. I-back Rex Burkhead concentrated on improving 40 time and thinks he did with runs in the 4.5s

Rich Kaipust@RKaipustOWH

Burkhead last one done, also catching some kicks and working as a slot receiver for scouts. "I definitely did what I wanted to do"

@Sean_Callahan

Rex Burkhead said he was pretty happy running in the 4.5's today. That was the only test he did at pro day.

Rich Kaipust@RKaipustOWH

NU safety Daimion Stafford said he was too heavy at NFL Combine at 221 lbs. Worked out at 211 and said his 40 was in 4.5s.

Rich Kaipust@RKaipustOWH

Former NU center Mike Caputo gave it another go. Wowed those watching with 35 reps on the bench press. Seung Hoon Choi did 32.

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen

Compton on talking with scouts at Pro Day: "I got a bunch of great feedback today. I’m really flattered and humbled."

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH

Burkhead, IMO, looked good. Fast. Lean. Light on his feet in catching drills

Grant Muessel@GrantMuessel

At #Huskers pro day I was most impressed with Burkhead, Daimion Stafford and E. Martin. Stafford looked fluid and really helped his 40 (4.5)

Eric Martin looked fast, but measured in just over 6 feet. Bengals asst. LB coach worked him and Compton; who did 1-on-1 meeting with him

Burkhead looked most impressive in the pass-catching drills. Kyler Reed looked like he may have rolled an ankle.

Two Steelers scouts were there to see defensive backs. They spent a good amount of time drilling and talking with Stafford/P.J. Smith

Teams that sent scouts to #Huskers pro day: Chiefs, Eagles, Bengals, Raiders, Saints, Packers, Falcons and Steelers. (That I saw)

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Around 15 to 17 pro teams were attendance today for Pro Day. Two years ago all 32 were here and 26 were here in 2010. Low turnout this year.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Last year there were 15 teams in attendance at Pro Day. Gives you some perspective of the NFL talent in 2009 & 2010 vs. 2011 & 2012 at NU.

And from Mr. William Compton hisownself:

Will Compton@_willcompton

Vert: 32 Broad: 9'2" 40: 4.54 Pro: 4.12 3-cone: 6.86 60 shuttle: 11.35 Thank u so much everyone!! I'm so ecstatic!

• Fire 2

Reed probably tested his way into a draft pick. I'm not so surprised about the 4.4, but the 41" vertical is crazy. With the way that teams are using 2 TEs, he's definitely going to be picked up by someone.

Especially in the slot. He should be a late round pick. Really needs to work on his blocking though. That is his trouble spot.

Choi with 32 reps is impressive for a former walk-on. Hope he pushed himself into a late round pick.

Was surprised to see Caputo there.

Was hoping Martin would have a better day, 20 reps on the bench, I was hoping for mid or high 20's.